1. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 00:33
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]
    Nobody enters the Kingdom of God until they have pleased God in some way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one is more pleasing to God than Christ.

Standing on Him, standing in Him and being saturated with Him man not only enters into the kingdom of God, he becomes ...[text shortened]... scape the corruption of the world and have an entrance into the eternal kingdom richly supplied.[/b]
    The very same Peter who you quote said that it is only if you do good works and llive righteously, only then can you enter the Kingdom of God.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 00:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Sonship is not a believer in love and charity.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that the Christian must learn to take Christ as her or his love and charity.
    Rather than seek charity as a thing apart from Christ, the real solid love is just the outflow of Christ Himself.

He preaches a doctrine that a man is saved by professing his faith in Christ, and that nothing else is required.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For eternal redemption faith in Christ plus nothing is the way we receive eternal redemption. That redemption too is Christ Himself.

So says the New Testament. God has placed the believers into Christ Who has been made unto them ... "redemption".

In fact even if the man subsequent to accepting Christ, continues with sin and evil , he will still enter the Kingdom of God. It s a doctrine that places emphasis on mouth worship rather than on love.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is about learning to take Christ Himself as all the good things of God for us. And in case you didn't read it in your New Testament, it plainly says that by our words we will be condemned and by our words we will be justified.

" And I say to you that every idle word which men shall speak, they will render an account concerning in the day of judgment.

For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned." (Matt. 12:36,37)

If you look through this thread [as all others started by him] its all about talk and nothing about brotherly love.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Christian feels short of love she should learn to take Christ as her love.
    Rather than to seek "love" as some good thing apart from the Person Christ we should let Christ Himself be all our love.

Paul said that he wanted to be always FOUND in Christ, with the righteousness which is based on faith. That is the righteousness which fills a man because he has faith that Christ can be everything for him and everything he needs and everything God and man requires.

" And be found in Him, not having my own righteousness which is out of the law,

but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is out of God and based on faith." (Phil. 3:9)

He didn't want to know any good things APART from Christ. He wanted to know CHRIST - the excellency of the knowledge of Christ his Lord.

" But moreover I also count all things to be loss on account of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord,

on account of whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse that I may gain Christ." (Phil. 3:8,9)

That was not only bad things. Good things apart from Christ, he counted as dung, dogfood, that he could GAIN Christ. In other words he want to increase in Christ. He wanted to grow in Christ. He wanted to deepen more and more his enjoyment of Christ.

For Paul to LIVE ... was Christ. That means Christ was his everything.

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." (Phil. 1:21)
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 00:52
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The very same Peter who you quote said that it is only if you do good works and llive righteously, only then can you enter the Kingdom of God.
    Do you have some argument that teaches Christians should NOT learn to take Christ as each and everything from God they need ?

If you have no debate against that then I don't know what you can contribute here.

If you object to us saying Christ is all the "things" of God, you can start by showing the Apostle Paul erred when he said -

" But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who BECAME wisdom to us from God;

both ... righteousness and sanctification and redemption, That as it is written, He who boasts let him boast in the Lord." ( 1 Cor. 1:30,31)
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 00:56
    Do you have some argument that teaches Christians should NOT learn to take Christ as each and everything from God they need ?

If you have no debate against that then I don't know what you can contribute here.

If you object to us saying Christ is all the "things" of God, you can start by showing the Apostle Paul erred when he said -

[b] " ...[text shortened]... That as it is written, He who boasts let him boast in the Lord." ( 1 Cor. 1:30,31)
    [/b]
    I object to nothing. Im just here to point out to some who may accept your doctrine that they can get into the Kingdom of God by just proclaiming their faith and nothing more, that you are a false teacher, as the Bible says no such thing.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 01:41
    The Person must become the thing.
    Even our obedience must become Christ the Person.

First Corinthains 1:30 said God has made Christ our righteousness.

Your rightness may fail. Christ as your righteousness will never fail.
    Your love may falter. Christ Himself as righteousness will never fail.
    What you and I have may fail. But Christ as the righteousness of God will never fail.

So all that we consider coming out from us we see is not dependable.
    But Christ made all that we need is always dependable.
    So the thing must become Christ Himself.

No matter how lofty a position a believer thinks he has obtained or how successful he thinks he is, the Christian's righteousness is still Christ Himself.

In this way Christ will be wrought into our beings.
    He will not only be our objective righteousness before God. He will become the righteousness worked and wrought into our being through our faith in taking Christ as everything.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 02:11
    The Person must become the thing.
    Even our obedience must become Christ the Person.

[b]First Corinthains 1:30
    said God has made Christ our righteousness.

Your rightness may fail. Christ as your righteousness will never fail.
    Your love may falter. Christ Himself as righteousness will never fail.
    What you and I have may fail. But Christ as the ...[text shortened]... ighteousness worked and wrought into our being through our faith in taking Christ as everything.[/b]
    Once again, having read what you've written, you seem to be saying that "salvation" ~ immortality etc. ~ is achieved by simply thinking certain things about yourself and about Jesus.

Aside from 'thinking stuff', and 'saying stuff' and 'praying' (basically thinking/saying stuff as well), what action, what deeds, what behaviour is required of a Christian?

Or is the ideology you are promoting really what it appears to be - which is that it is only about thinking certain things about yourself and about Jesus and not about what one does and how one lives?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 11:041 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Once again, having read what you've written, you seem to be saying that "salvation" ~ immortality etc. ~ is achieved by simply [b]thinking certain things about yourself and about Jesus.

Aside from 'thinking stuff', and 'saying stuff' and 'praying' (basically thinking/saying stuff as well), what action, what deeds, what behaviour is required of a C ...[text shortened]... /b] certain things about yourself and about Jesus and not about what one does and how one lives?[/b]
    One kind deed is worth a thousand kind thoughts / prayers.

This is the doctrine preached Jesus and all the Apostles.

Not at all suggesting that sonships overall doctrine is based on kindness or love, judging from some of his horrific statements about eternal torture of innocent people.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 14:371 edit
    The promises of God in the Bible are appropriated by faith.

God is and God is faithful. If God was not faithful then any standing upon these promises would mean nothing. They mean something because our faith is in the FAITHFUL God Who is.

Paul says that the Christians also are transformed by the renewing of the mind.
    So it is not a small thing to begin to think, to turn around one's way of thinking (which is the meaning of repent ) to align one's thinking and speaking up with the promises of the faithful God.

"And do not be fashioned according to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind that you may prove what the will of God is,

that which is good and well pleasing and perfect." (Rom. 12:2)

J.B. Phillips' paraphase New Testament, I believe, translates this - "Do not let the world squeeze you into its mold."

The fallen world wants to squeeze us into the mold of unbelief in God, no trust in God, no expectation of the faitfhulness or even existence of God. This is the mold that the age, the world constantly seeks to squeeze us into.

Paul says not to be conformed to this doubting, unbelief, and turning away from God's word. Rather Paul say to be transformed by having our minds renewed.

It is not small thing that men THINK according to the precious promises of the faithful God. Though to think including the faithfulness of God and His word is like a salmon fish swimming upstream against the current, it yields transformation of the soul for the will of God.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 15:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Or is the ideology you are promoting really what it appears to be - which is that it is only about thinking certain things about yourself and about Jesus and not about what one does and how one lives?
    sonship, am I to take it from your waffly answer to the question above is 'yes', even if you don't care much for the way I have put it?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 16:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    sonship, am I to take it from your waffly answer to the question above is 'yes', even if you don't care much for the way I have put it?
    Good for you. Tell us about your better way to live.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 17:03
    Good for you.
    Why so evasive?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 17:061 edit
    Tell us about your better way to live.
    Why don't you? All you seem to talk about is stuff you think about yourself.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 20:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    "All you seem to talk about is stuff you think about yourself."

Oh, the irony.

It's not ironic that you say this, but that you think it's okay for yourself and others (which it is, hopefully more people can give opinions on things they actually think about (as opposed to not thinking about them before they spew unformed thoughts)) while claiming it's not okay for him. Yeah, you know, hypocrisy.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 21:252 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I know you like to cause people to get all self conscious. But I am just a normal seeking Christian with some experience sharing to others what is effective.

And I am not inventing anything out of some originality of my own.

Paul pioneered into the experience of Christ and left us much in the way of a helpful roadmap. Here's one of his helpful roadmap tips.

" But of Him [God] you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God:

both righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

That as it is written, 'He who boasts let him boast in the Lord.' "

Oh, I addressed your question when I wrote about being renewed in the mind in order to experience normal Christian transformation. That was in response to your oft repeated complaint about - "Oh you're just thinking stuff."

Yes, we're thinking stuff according to the promises of the faithful God.

If you have a better way to be a human being, tell the Forum about it.
    Some of us are going to take the way of believing God's word.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 22:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It's not ironic that you say this, but that you think it's okay for yourself and others (which it is, hopefully more people can give opinions on things they actually think about (as opposed to not thinking about them before they spew unformed thoughts)) while claiming it's not okay for him. Yeah, you know, hypocrisy.
    sonships thoughts are not being criticized for being "unformed". You have got completely the wrong of the stick.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree