Christ is all the

Christ is all the "things"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 17

Originally posted by sonship
Rajk999 credits FMF for supposed weakness in Christians of just thinking and talking.
This is sheer idiocy from a reasoning that excludes the existence of God.

The apostles that accomplished quite much (for God's interests and not necessarily for the world's interests) released power in their living from speaking.

[quote] [b] " And having the same s ...[text shortened]... Jesus lives in me. Jesus and His resurrection power is the grace through which I overcome!"
[/b]
Doers of the law are justified. not hearers.
Talkers are condemned as promoting mouth worship.

Jesus said it and All the Apostles said it.

Doers get eternal life.
Others get eternal damnation..

Many hear.
Many talk
Many think

Only a few DO and they get eternal life.
Doers are secure and nobody can pluck them from Gods hands.
They have eternal life... not talkers or thinkers.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 17
2 edits

" I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)

The subject matter of this thread is not the security of salvation but of all things the Christian needs and God requires of them being IN Christ Himself. And Christ is to be dispensed into all of the Christians' being.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

[b] " I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)

The subject matter of this thread is not the security of salvation but of all things the Christian needs and God requires of them being IN Christ Himself. And Christ is to be dispensed into all of the Christians' being.[/b]
There is no diversion from the subject matter of the thread. The person that professes to be a Christian cannot simply talk and think. The person as to act, follow, do. Then and only then is Christ dispensed into the Christian and then is the Christian IN CHRIST.

You continue to ignore the Bible teachings on the subject of what it takes to be a true Christian or to be in Christ or have Christ dispensed into them. The very same 1 John 5 which you partially quote states:

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.(1 John 5:2-3 KJV)

Nobody gets to just talk and think and get Christ dispensed into them. The keeping of commamdments comes FIRST, THEN and only THEN, does one be IN CHRIST and Christ is in them. Proof that there is love for God by the keeping of commandments is the start of the process.

IF you follow the commandments THEN God / Christ abides in you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 17
1 edit

Christ is the life. If you have Christ you have the eternal life.

"I am the way and the reality and the life ..." (John 14:6a)

All the things of God are Christ, including the eternal life. That's why the Bible says to have the Son is the have the life. Sorry.

" He who has the Son has the life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life." ( 1 John 5:12)

Christ is all the "things."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 17

Since Christ is indeed all the things of God the NT says that the believers must grow up into Him "in all things".

"But holding to truth in love, we may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, Christ." (Eph. 4:15)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 17

Christ is the life. If you have Christ you have the eternal life.

[b] "I am the way and the reality and the life ..." (John 14:6a)

All the things of God are Christ, including the eternal life. That's why the Bible says to have the Son is the have the life. Sorry.

" He who has the Son has the life, he who does not h ...[text shortened]... on of God does not have the life." ( 1 John 5:12)

Christ is all the "things."[/b]
You are missing the basic point ... which is not everyone who professes faith has Christ.

To have Christ or to be in Christ requires the professed believer to act and to do certain things, Talk and think does not get him anywhere.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Meaningless talk is condemned by Christ, because these people are lovers of themselves.
Sonship for example, demonstrates over and over that he is a lover of himself. He is a narcissist. He is a talker and proclaimer of the doctrine of men. He relishes in the suffering of those who do not believe in his doctrine.

DOERS are the ones who truly love God.
Except all we see from you in this forum is "meaningless talk". Never do we see examples from your own life about "doing" ANYthing.

You come in here demanding that people "do" something, yet all you do is talk, which is exactly what you accuse all Christians of doing. This is why you're a hypocrite.

F

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by Suzianne to Rajk999
Except all we see from you in this forum is "meaningless talk". Never do we see examples from your own life about "doing" ANYthing.

You come in here demanding that people "do" something, yet all you do is talk, which is exactly what you accuse all Christians of doing. This is why you're a hypocrite.
Why does he have to give "examples" from his personal life? Isn't the discussion here about what the correct Christian doctrine is? Rajk999 has not once demanded to know personal information from sonship about his works and deeds, so where is the hypocrisy?

This is a disagreement about theology and doctrine. Neither sonshp nor Rajk999 has to boast about their actions in their private life. You have got the wrong end of the stick. sonship claims only belief is needed for "salvation"; Rajk999 argues that the Bible says different. There is no hypocrisy in play; if there is, what do you think it is?

rc

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

I wrote a number of things about Paul saying he set an example by laboring to [b]"present every man full-grown in Christ" (Col. 1:28).

If I was advocating abrogating responsibility or not helping erring fellow Christians I would not have done that.[/b]
I am willing to make room for that because to me you seem a sincere and caring individual, you really do. Sometimes ideas when taken out of context in an internet forum can take on a an entirely different character.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17
2 edits

So, we're concerned about a life of obedience. Strangely enough God will permit you to fail again and again UNTIL you eventually see that it is Christ in you that you need.

So, like Peter you promise that others may not be good followers of Jesus, but you're different. The the Lord lets you fail. And He lets you fail again. And you fail again and again. Then like Peter you no longer have any trust in your ability. You know that you need Jesus to live in you. And He is there waiting for the Christian to TAKE Him as everything needed.

This includes consecration, love, obedience, dedication, endurance. The Bible calls this the BOUNTIFUL SUPPLY of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. In other words ALL that is needed is supplied and bountifully out of what Jesus Christ IS in you.

" ... this shall turn out to salvation through your petition and the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ." (Phil. 1:19b RcV)

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
02 Mar 17

The world keeps intruding, despite

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

When a sinner receives the Lord Jesus Christ he has stopped putting hope in himself that tomorrow will be different. He realizes that he is helpless and needs a Savior.

The Savior is and has what the sinner needs. Years may have elapsed for the sinner to wake up and realize this. But he comes to this realization that he should receive the Lord Jesus Christ as his "personal" Savior.

Now how does he continue to live the Christian life ? Paul says that he should continue to walk in Christ the same way he received Christ - trusting Christ to be the all-encompassing help that he must have.

" As therefore you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him ..." (Col. 2:6)

Remember how you received Him? You came with no further hope in yourself. You came with a "Lord Jesus, I need You and must have You come into my heart."

You did not dedicate to self-reform or self-improve. You came to be SAVED. The New Testament says, as you received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, so continue now to walk in Him in the same manner.

Walk, step by step, receiving Him as everything you need.

"Lord Jesus, You must be my very consecration."
"Lord Jesus, You must be my love for God."
"Lord Jesus, You must be my very obedience."

You initially received Him for eternal life.
You can trust Him for daily, step by step, life in this world.

Our unshakable trust is because we know we have eternal life. Now as we received Him we live daily, walking step by step in Him with the same trust. We take Him in specific ways. We apply Him in specific ways. He honors this.

We praise Him that He is all the things.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by apathist
The world keeps intruding, despite
Would you explain what you mean by this comment?

F

Moves
02 Mar 17

Our unshakable trust is because we know we have eternal life.
So you are 100% sure you won't be thrown into a furnace and tortured after you die? You are 100% sure? That's why you said you "know", is it?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
02 Mar 17

I don't know what I intended to say. Except, the Bible route failed. God's word, what a joke, that has killed millions. Billions, yet?