1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 11:28
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Yes, I get that "they are Christians" and that you believe "the question of eternal redemption has already been solved". That is why I am asking you, according to your beliefs, what "discipline" will be visited upon them if they marry, say, 4 times. You say that, for such a Christian, "the question of eternal redemption has already been solved"; if that is so, what disciplinary consequences do they face?
    Answered.
    The loss of reward in the millennial kingdom.
    The possibility of further discipline during the thousand year reign preceding the eternal age.

There is no problem with the logic.
    You just don't believe the book.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 11:321 edit
    Continuing with the Christian morals.
    In the basic book of Christian doctrine Romans Paul asks the rhtorical question at the beginning of the section on sanctification.

Should the Christian continue in sin that grace may abound?
    His answer is not, certainly not.
    And the discussion that follows at least from chapter 6 through to 8 tell us why not.

Here's his question.

"What then shall we say? Should we [we Christians] continue in sin that grace may abound? " (Rom 6:1)

The section on sanctification tells why not and how not.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 11:424 edits
    Any insinuation that the believer in Christ is licensed to irresponsibly continue to live as before is negated in the normal Christian life.

"What then shall we say? Should we [we Christians] continue in sin that grace may abound? " (Rom 6:1)

The discussion following may be neglected. That is not the fault of the New Testament.
    He answers the rhetorical question -

"What then shall we say? Should we continue in sin that grace may abound?

Absolutely not! We who have died to sin, how shall we still live in it?" (Rom 6:1,2)

Then he goes on to expose spiritual ignorance that would even be so foolish to entertain the folly.

"Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptised into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?"

Something in the realm of the Holy Spirit, in the realm of touching Christ has been killed off, terminated, put to death and buried. He does not want the Christian to be ignorant of this revelation. It is appropriated by faith in the realm of walking in the Holy Spirit.

We died with Christ. We were raised walk in newness of life in Christ.
    This is solid experiencial truth.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 11:532 edits
    The criticisms of the early church are not much different from the criticisms of latter day critics.

" So then you believers in Jesus can just go on sinning and sinning because the grace of God has you forgiven ? "

They had the very same complaint in the first century, to which Paul anticipates, and addresses -

What follows is a matter of removing ignorance and hindrences to revelation. You have to SEE something of the truth.

God is faithful. But you exercise faith and the FAITHFUL God will follow through.
    Do not be ignorant. See the reality.
    You have been crucified with Christ and buried with Him and raised with Him.
    You can walk in newness of life because of utter identification with Christ.

" Absolutely not! We who have died to sin, how shall we still live in it?

Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death. We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in newness of life. (vs.2-4)"

This is the Christian moral of being utterly identified with Christ.
    His life becomes our history.
    God is faithful to cause this to happen.

God is faithful to cause this to be the believer's experience.
    But you must abide in the realm of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 20:01
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Yes, lots of words.
    Too bad you are so blind.

Good night.
    You have no case.
    FMF is not presenting a "case".
    He is asking you about yours.
    But you cannot answer.
    (And it takes you an amazingly large amount of words not to answer.)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 21:131 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    FMF is not presenting a "case".
    He is asking you about yours.
    But you cannot answer.
    (And it takes you an amazingly large amount of words not to answer.)
    Get your pom-poms out like a good cheerleader wolfgang59.

Some of people's questions, I do ignore.
    Others I answered.

The most important to me in this thread from FMF was on Christian responsibility and consequences after redemption, which I have spoken to multiple times to multiple questioners and objectors.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 21:21
    So, the "sinner" ~ if he thinks and believes the kind of stuff you do, and tells himself the stuff you tell us that you believe about yourself and about Jesus - has to take no personal responsibility for his "sins", right? They are "paid for, forgotten". For a Christian, "sins" have no consequence, is that right?

The question on what do I mean by morality - in "Christian morality" let's see for the purpose of this thread "ethical behavior" will do.

The only other interesting question from FMF is above.
    It was addressed.
    And in the course of my further posts will probably be visited again.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 23:03
    Answered.
    The loss of reward in the millennial kingdom.
    The possibility of further discipline during the thousand year reign preceding the eternal age.

There is no problem with the logic.
    You just don't believe the book.
    What "loss of reward" exactly? List some of the "rewards" lost. What "further discipline"? List some of the punishments.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 23:081 edit
    The only other interesting question from FMF is above.
    It was addressed.
    If it was, as you now say, an "interesting question", why was your response this: No, that's not right. No, that's just more of the trashy, twisted, crap, garbage which is usually what you breath out.

Was you responding that way, in your mind, when you "addressed" my question?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 23:44
    Christian morals then.

They include a belief that a PERFECT Man existed.
    They continue with a belief that a PERFECT Man ... could not ... be destroyed.

A Perfect Person lived on this earth.
    A Perfect Person was vindicated to the point that even DEATH itself He overcame.

You start there with Christian morals.

There was a life that lived which was an [b]indestructible life
    .[/b]
    How can you characterize such beliefs as being "morals"?

Isn't morality about behaviour and conduct? Doesn't morality govern action?

What definition of "moral" are you using?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 07:531 edit
    So I have said that the Christian way to live is utter identification with Christ. God honors such faith. And what Christ passed through becomes the believer's history.

This indwelling One regulates and influences the way a man lives by means of Him being "the Spirit of life".

"For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death." (Rom. 8:2)

Christian morals, so to speak, are taught to be the spontaneous outflowing of Christ in a man or woman as "the Spirit of life". This "Spirit of life" brings with it a law. This is a law of living like Jesus Christ.

This is "the law of the Spirit of life" which frees the believer in the sphere and realm of Christ Jesus, directing his walk, behavior, thinking, speech, reaction.

"For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death."

The law of sin and of death is powerful, as we see in chapter 7. But there a more powerful law. It is not in ourselves. It is in Christ Jesus. It is in receiving the living and available Christ Jesus as the Spirit.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)

The divine life imparting Holy Spirit regulates living as the believer learns to live a new way. And that is by setting the mind on the spirit where the Spirit of life is. This is detailed further in Romans chapter 8.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 08:061 edit
    The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is like the law of gravity. It is dependable and regular. It will spontaneously work. Gravity has a law. It will just do its thing. You do not have to tell it to do so. It just behaves in accordance with its law - the law of gravity.

Christian morality is to live according to the spontaneously working of "the Spirit of life". He will just BE a certain way which is righteous. It is like the apple tree having a law to produce apples. It is like the flying law that most birds just have.

You tap into the living Spirit, the Holy Spirit, and spontaneously the high ethical living flows out freeing you from self condemnation of failure.

" There is now then no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death." (Rom. 8:1,2)

For my purpose this is good enough in discussing the Christian morals. Maybe it is not exhaustive in terms of definitions of "morals" from a linguistic perspective.

The ethical living of the Christian must flow out spontaneously from abiding in the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Galatians says the same.

" But I say, walk by the Spirit and you shall by no means fulfill the lust if the flesh." (Gal. 5:16)

Jesus, in the "red letters" says the same thing even before these letters were written. He said it this way, in speaking of His resurrection.

" Yet a little while and the world beholds Me no longer, but you behold Me; because I live, you also shall live." (John 14:19)

That means to really live - to live in the divine life, to live unto God by living in the realm of the available risen Christ.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 08:17
    Christian morality is to live according to the spontaneously working of [b]"the Spirit of life". He will just BE a certain way which is righteous. It is like the apple tree having a law to produce apples. It is like the flying law that most birds just have.[/b]
    When you say that a Christian, in terms of morality, "will just BE a certain way which is righteous", are you referring to all Christians (i.e. people who believe in Jesus) or just particular Christians?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 08:20
    That means to really live - to live in the divine life, to live unto God by living in the realm of the available risen Christ.
    Is it possible for a "saved" Christian "to live in the divine life" and do absolutely no good works whatsoever?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 09:08
    Some of people's questions, I do ignore.
    Yes we’ve noticed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree