Christian morals

Christian morals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Nov 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Yes we’ve noticed.
We have also noticed that so do you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Nov 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
We have also noticed that so do you.
Can you back this up with some evidence?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Nov 17
4 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
What "loss of reward" exactly? List some of the "rewards" lost. What "further discipline"? List some of the punishments.
What "loss of reward" exactly?
------------------------------------------------

Since I have been here have you ever seen me expound on First Corinthians 3:14,15? When Rajk999 was hounding me you never saw me debate him about "suffer loss" and "receive a reward" from that passage?

You don't remember the debates Rajk999 and I had over what it meant for Paul to warn believers that the one who destroys the temple of God will be destroyed by God (v.17)? We argued whether "destroy" there was eternal or dispensational.

You don't recall Rajk999 and I arguing over the difference between the ground being burned and the thorns and thistles as bad fruit being burned instead in (Hebrews 6:7,8)?

okay, maybe as you think back over the last two to four years you really don't remember. Or maybe you don't care.

The servant cast into "the outer darkness" in Matthew you have no recollection of, being discussed? Maybe you don't recall. But maybe you vaguely recall but don't care and want to re-ask as it nothing was EVER written by me on Christ's discipline of His saved people.

You never saw men expound on the servant that suffered few strips and the servant that suffered many strips at the master's return ?

" And the slave who knew his master's will and did not prepare or do according to his will, will receive many lashes;

But he who did not knew, yet did things worthy of stripes, will receive few slashes. But to everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required from him; and to whom much has been committed, they will ask of him all the more." (Luke 12:47,48)

The context is the return of Christ to His servants, ie. vs 45,46:

"But if that slave says in his heart, My master is delaying his coming, and begins to beat the male servants and the female servants and to eat and todrink and become drunk, The master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, and will cut him asunder, and will appoint his portion with the unbelievers."

I think I should have had discussion of this. Maybe you didn't notice. Or maybe you want to hear it again, and again, and again as if it was never discussed. I don't know.

You don't recall me explaining about names being temporarily erased from the book of life and being written in again as a warning to Christians ?

"He who overcomes will b clothed in white ggarments, and I shall by no means erase his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Faher and before His angels." (Rev. 3:5)

I had debates with posters about passages like this. I said some of the warnings in the New Testament refer to temporary dispensational reward or punishment pertaining to the millennial kingdom of a thousand years.

If over the last five years I talked about this, I bet I talked about it 15 to 20 times.

List some of the "rewards" lost.

----------------------------------------------

All we have to know is that it is a shortage of the enjoyment of Christ.
All rewards to the believer are related to the enjoyment of Christ in one way or another.

In the last many years you have never seen me write about the servant that received ten talents and the servant that received five talents and the servant who buried his talent and was punished from Matthew 25:14-30 ?

What "further discipline"?
--------------------------------------------

You never saw me write about the rewards or disciplines of the millennial kingdom?
Or you saw it but don't care.
Maybe you read it before but want me to say it again, and again, and still again.
I don't mind writing some things again for new posters who I know probably never read it.

I think you have been reading my posts long enough to know that I spoke plenty of these matters.

List some of the punishments.
--------------------------------------------------

if you get the general idea it is not necessary

More than once I have written that Christ has within His scope a wide specter of possibilities He may employ short of eternal punishment, to perfect His people.
I have debated other posters that the New Testament shows that the Lord Jesus has a lot of latitude within which to discipline those in need which are not eternal punishment.

I think you have seen me talk about that.

F

Moves
04 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonship
More than once I have written that Christ has within His scope a wide specter of possibilities He may employ short of eternal punishment, to perfect His people.
I have debated other posters that the New Testament shows that the Lord Jesus has a lot of latitude within which to discipline those in need which are not eternal punishment.
List some of these punishment possibilities.

F

Moves
04 Nov 17

You never saw me write about the rewards or disciplines of the millennial kingdom?
What are they? Please list a few.

F

Moves
04 Nov 17

All we have to know is that it is a shortage of the enjoyment of Christ.
All rewards to the believer are related to the enjoyment of Christ in one way or another.
I invited you to list some of the "rewards" lost. If they are, as you say, "related to the enjoyment of Christ in one way or another", could you give some examples of these 'ways' and how they pertain to "enjoyment of Christ"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Nov 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
List some of these punishment possibilities.
Did you read what I just wrote?

I said that Christ has within His scope during the millennial kingdom a wide range of appropriate means to correct His believers who require correcting.

It is not necessary to "LIST" them.
It is not possible for me to detail what has not happened yet.

It is sufficient to gather that "outer darkness" is unpleasantly away from the Lord's realm of glory, though temporarily.

It is sufficient to gather that "few lashes" or "many lashes" will be unpleasant.
No lashes yet reward of co-reigning with Christ should be our concentration.

It is not necessary for me to detail a Danta's Inferno like catalog of what might happen to those disciplined. This is just the tickling of curiosity. It serves no real purpose.

It is sufficient to get the apostolic message generally -

" If anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will receive a reward;

If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:14,15)

Within that concise warning is all the Christian really needs to know.

"Oh, but list the punishments from one to fifty, please!" is the stuff of some kind of curiosity which I ignore. The Bible is not the Divine Comedy of Dante. Sorry. You should get the general picture.

Suffer loss verses receive a reward - and plenty of other passages give us at least a glimpse of the Lord's dealing with His servants in His second coming.

F

Moves
04 Nov 17

You don't remember the debates Rajk999 and I had over what it meant for Paul to warn [b]believers that the one who destroys the temple of God will be destroyed by God (v.17)?[/b]
I cannot speak for what Rajk999 remembers or what he may have said to you at some point in the past few years. Do you believe you had a debate with me about "rewards" and "discipline" and "punishments" in the context that has come up on this thread and the Bertrand Russell thread?

F

Moves
04 Nov 17

I said that Christ has within His scope during the millennial kingdom a wide range of appropriate means to correct His believers who require correcting.

It is not necessary to "LIST" them.
If you are unable to list some of them, how do you know there is a "wide range of appropriate means"? Do you not know what these "means" are?

F

Moves
04 Nov 17

"Oh, but list the punishments from one to fifty, please!" is the stuff of some kind of curiosity which I ignore..
Three or four would suffice.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Nov 17

There’s no such thing as “Christian morals”.
Morality is a human concept.

Infidel

Moves
04 Nov 17

[b] What "loss of reward" exactly?
------------------------------------------------

Since I have been here have you ever seen me expound on First Corinthians 3:14,15? When Rajk999 was hounding me you never saw me debate him about "suffer loss" and "receive a reward" from that passage?

You don't remember the debates Rajk999 ...[text shortened]... ine those in need which are not eternal punishment.

I think you have seen me talk about that.[/b]
The staggering number of words you use to badly disguise your continued dodging of FMF's questions is fascinating and quite comedic. And very revealing.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Nov 17

Originally posted by @great-king-rat
The staggering number of words you use to badly disguise your continued dodging of FMF's questions is fascinating and quite comedic. And very revealing.
Observing sonship’s pouty furtiveness, convoluted evasions and casual dishonesty is one of the main reasons I come back to this forum.

F

Moves
05 Nov 17

I have debated Rajk999 on this.
What do you want me to do? Send Rajk999 a PM and ask him what your answer to my question might be?

Moves
05 Nov 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Can you back this up with some evidence?
Still waiting for your answer on whether you think FMF is a 'child of the devil'?