Christian morals

Christian morals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonship
[b] Perhaps you are simply unable to give any examples.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you're allergic to opening up a New Testament and looking at and copying here Luke 19:17-19, a clear example of -

" ... appropriate compensations" you have mentioned?

if i ...[text shortened]... compensations" during the millennial kingdom.

I guess you don't really want examples.[/b]
More prideful dancing around.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Nov 17
3 edits

Folks, since FMF is too lazy or doesn't really want any examples of the things he asks for, this post is not for him.

It is for the welcomed seeker of what is taught in the Bible.
Luke 19 contains teaching of Jesus about His second coming.

And in this parable about the readiness for His return and establishing of His kingdom, one servant is rewarded to reign with Him over ten cities and another servant is privileged to reign over five cities.

Degrees of appropriate compensations for their varied faithfulness during the church age.

"And he called ten of his own slaves and gave them ten minas, and he said to them, Do business UNTIL I COME. (v.13)

But his citizens hated him and sent an envoy after him, saying, We do not want this man to reign over us. (v.14)

Right now poor FMF is like one of these shaking his fist toward heaven saying "We do not want this man to reign over us."

Anyway, here's the part about the master's coming back to check with the servants he left.

"And when he came back, having RECEIVED THE KINGDOM ..."

The parable is about Christ ascending to Heaven and returning one day to have a kingdom over the earth. Some versions say pound rather than mina. It means the Lord's valuable possessions. [EDITED]

" ... having received the kingdom, he commanded that those slaves to whom he had given the money should be called to him so that he might know what they had gained by doing business. (v.15)

And the first appeared, saying, Master, your mina has gained ten minas.
And he said to him, Well done, good slave. Because you have become faithful in the least, HAVE AUTHORITY OVER TEN CITIES. (v.17)

And the second came, saying, Your mina, master has made five minas.
And he said to this one as well, And you, BE OVER FIVE CITIES." (v.19)

The scope of their respective authority over cities varies.
The recompense for their faithfulness varies.

At the end, the one who buried his master's valuables and made nothing for the master;s return has his one minas taken and given to the one who had ten.

"And to those standing by he said, Take the mina away from him, and give it to the one who has ten minas.

And they said to him, Master, he has ten minas.

I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from him who does not have, even that which he has shall be taken away. (vs.24-26)

So the teaching is about faithfulness and its rewards.

That portion of the parable pertains to Christians awaiting the Lord's second coming and their faithfulness to His valuables entrusted to them during the church age.

The last part of the parable is about the Lord's dealing with the enemies which all through the church age did not want "this man" to be a king in anyway over them.

"However, these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me." (Luke 19:27)

So we should all take heed.

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

Folks, since FMF is too lazy or doesn't really want any examples of the things he asks for, this post is not for him.
[...] Right now poor FMF is like one of these shaking his fist toward heaven saying [b] "We do not want this man to reign over us."
No, sonship, I am not "shaking [my] fist toward [a] heaven" that I do not have any reason to believe exists. I am simply asking you on-topic questions about an ideology you choose to parrot on a public debate and discussion message board. Your brittle, pretentious behaviour is presumably the actual manifestation of what you see as being "Jesus" or the "Holy Spirit" working through you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
-----------------------------------------------

I think we can all notice that, from you.
You should stop it.

Ie. Too proud to admit what Luke 19:17-19 says.

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

Christian morality is to live according to the spontaneously working of "the Spirit of life"[. He will just BE a certain way which is righteous. It is like the apple tree having a law to produce apples. It is like the flying law that most birds just have.
When you say that a Christian, in terms of morality, "...will just BE a certain way which is righteous", are you referring to all Christians (i.e. people who believe in Jesus) or just particular Christians?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Nov 17
1 edit

When you say that a Christian, in terms of morality, [b]"...will just BE a certain way which is righteous", are you referring to all Christians (i.e. people who believe in Jesus) or just particular Christians?[/b]
One down and 34 to go. I requested that you list your next 35 questions.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ...

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

Too proud to admit what Luke 19:17-19 says.
In terms of answering my question, what specific examples do you claim that text lists?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Nov 17

In terms of answering my question, what specific examples do you claim that text lists?
Two down 33 to go.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ...

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

One down and 34 to go. I requested that you list your next 35 questions.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ...
This 'banter' does not answer my question about your explicit claim that, when it comes to morality, Christians will simply "be a certain way which is righteous" - in the same way - so you say - as an apple grows and a bird flies. It seems to me to be a completely preposterous claim. Can you explain it more?

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

Christian morals then.

They include a belief that a PERFECT Man existed.
Here is another question you dodged:

How can you characterize such a belief as being a "moral"? Doesn't morality govern action, behaviour and conduct?

How is a "belief" an "action"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Nov 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Happy to answer that when you provide me with the link where you asked it and I deliberately avoided answering.
Nudge for dj2becker

Moves
06 Nov 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Nudge for dj2becker
https://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/divegeester.174098/page-18

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
https://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/divegeester.174098/page-18
He asked you first and you didn't answer - and just asked a question instead. Maybe he's waiting for you to answer the question.

Moves
06 Nov 17

He asked you first and you didn't answer - and just asked a question instead. Maybe he's waiting for you to answer the question.
He asked sonship the question not me.

F

Moves
06 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
He asked sonship the question not me.
Yes, you're right. So. Do you think I am a follower of "Satan" or not?