Christians who love guns

Christians who love guns

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
I've been called the most horrible things imaginable for a Christian to be called, by other Christians on this forum. Just because we disagree about stuff. It's extraordinary.

And yet generally it is they who exhibit negative characteristics: Paranoid, right-wing, dogmatic, hard-nosed, grudge-bearing, sour, angry, vengeful, entitled.
Where have all the reasonable Christians gone?
Driven out by the morons who cannot debate, think or act for themselves?

I think the right-wing Christian terrorists on here represent but 1% of Christianity.

F

Moves
23 Sep 17

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
That's ridiculous. If I shoot him dead he's likely to drop the TV and ruin it. I'd tell him to gently set the TV down and get the **** out of my house. And if he has any sense he will do just that.
It's a specific scenario. He's trying to escape from you. His hands are occupied carrying stolen property. He's still on your property. Would you be justified ` in your own mind, as an American gun owner and Christian ~ in shooting him dead? Does your moral code not enable you to address possible scenarios?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Sep 17

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Where have all the reasonable Christians gone?
Driven out by the morons who cannot debate, think or act for themselves?

I think the right-wing Christian terrorists on here represent but 1% of Christianity.
Mate, they don't represent Christianity at all.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
23 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
It's a specific scenario. He's trying to escape from you. His hands are occupied carrying stolen property. He's still on your property. Would you be justified ` in your own mind, as an American gun owner and Christian ~ in shooting him dead? Does your moral code not enable you to address possible scenarios?
I don't belong to the church of FMF, and I seriously doubt you are able to understand my moral code. So if my responses seem furtive and silly to you it's only because (as my mother was fond of saying) "When in Rome do as the Romans do".

Your agenda is as transparent as the emperor's new clothes. If there was literally an 'elephant in the room', it would be easier to ignore and pretend wasn't there than your silly attacks against Christians and Christianity.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Sep 17

That's his problem.
Indeed it is.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Sep 17

OK...Can you tell us if you believe their is literal eternal suffering in hell?
Of course I can tell "us". But what good would that do?

You can admit you've been warned can't you?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Sep 17

Yes that's a fair perspective, but my point is that America, American Christians seem very keen to excersise their right to kill, when one of the "bible truths" is thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not kill? Didn't I read earlier that you would kill if necessary?

Hypocrite.

Moves
24 Sep 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @josephw
Yes. We like to think according to Biblical truth. Something you obviously have difficulty with.

Reply by @divegeester
OK...Can you tell us if you believe their is literal eternal suffering in hell?

Of course I can tell "us". But what good would it do?
If you actually had the courage to say what "biblical truth" was to you....for example in response to the question I put to you... instead of continuously dodging like you are here, then perhaps your comment about "thinking according to biblical truth" would carry some smidgen of weight and meaning.

Moves
24 Sep 17
1 edit

Didn't I read earlier that you would kill if necessary?
I would kill to defend my family, yes.

That's a million miles from your gung-ho "Castle Doctrine. Shoot first. Ask questions later" ideology.

F

Moves
24 Sep 17

I don't belong to the church of FMF, and I seriously doubt you are able to understand my moral code. So if my responses seem furtive and silly to you it's only because (as my mother was fond of saying) "When in Rome do as the Romans do".

Your agenda is as transparent as the emperor's new clothes. If there was literally an 'elephant in the room', it wo ...[text shortened]... to ignore and pretend wasn't there than your silly attacks against Christians and Christianity.
So you are unable to say whether or not you would shoot an intruder dead in the situation I described?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Sep 17
1 edit

Thou shalt not kill? Didn't I read earlier that you would kill if necessary?

Hypocrite.
In the original language the word translated as 'kill' is closer in meaning to 'murder'.

As much as I enjoy the language and writing style of the KJV it does contain some translation blunders. For example the word 'witchcraft' only appears once in the new testament, but the actual meaning (in the original language) pertains only to drugs and the use of drugs.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Sep 17

So you are unable to say whether or not you would shoot an intruder dead in the situation I described?
Wolfie has this idea in his head that an American can't be arrested for defending himself and his family. I don't know where he got that idea or what (if any) his sources are, but he couldn't be more wrong. Some groups in the US have set up a defense fund for helping people who have discharged a weapon (in self defense) because you can be arrested, sent to jail and required to appear in court for defending youself against an armed intruder.

And here you are asking me if I would kill someone for trying to steal a TV set. If I did that the best I could probably hope for would be a charge of second (or third) degree manslaughter.

F

Moves
24 Sep 17

And here you are asking me if I would kill someone for trying to steal a TV set. If I did that the best I could probably hope for would be a charge of second (or third) degree manslaughter.
Thanks. I would not kill the person in that situation either.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Sep 17

Wolfie has this idea in his head that an American can't be arrested for defending himself and his family. I don't know where he got that idea ....
I don't know where you got that idea.

And what are you doing rummaging around in my head?
Beware! ... it's a scary place for you with lots of ideas and knowledge.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
24 Sep 17

Thanks. I would not kill the person in that situation either.
I wasn't kidding when I said if you kill him he won't learn anything.

I have encountered intruders a few times in my life. One was a strung out drug addict (or was pretending to be one) who walked in through my backdoor, and one was a petty thief stealing relatively worthless stuff from my backyard. I had a conversation with the petty thief, basically telling him what he could expect if he kept on trying to swipe relatively worthless stuff from people. I did not expect anything I told him would have an immediate effect... but someday when he's sitting alone in a jail cell, with nothing to do but think, I'm betting then it will have an effect.