Christians who love guns

Christians who love guns

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Sep 17

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
I think most people who think they could simply shoot a guy and be fine with it the next day would be in for a rude shock to discover how long that memory stayed with them.

Most of us have a built in physical revulsion to seeing another person or animal maimed or killed. There is a small fringe of people, the psychotic, who lack this moral brake i ...[text shortened]... f they're coming at me with a weapon, or even just in a violent manner, I'm pulling the trigger.
I think you are right, the heat of the moment, choices are made quickly without to
much thought as to later.

F

Moves
23 Sep 17

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
Fits neatly into your agenda, does it?
A proper answer from you would fit neatly into the thread topic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Sep 17

If it is just the killing part, if push came to shove anything handy to use to defend
one's self would and could be used. Guns just happens to be the lightening rod of
of weapon of choice. Of course no one debates defending one's self with a cast
iron skillet though it could kill if used with the same intent as a gun.

F

Moves
23 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Guns just happens to be the lightening rod of of weapon of choice.
I don't have any objection to people legally owning guns for the purpose of self-defense or perhaps deterrence, although I myself do not own one, and I wouldn't want to see the law of the land change where I live.

I also think the use of lethal force to defend oneself, one's family or others in certain circumstances. I would use such force. And I would use a gun to do so if I had one.

josephw, however, has suggested that there is some "Biblical truth" that pertains to these rights. But he doesn't want to explain what those "truths" are. What does the Bible say about the right to bear arms and the right to kill people?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
23 Sep 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @kellyjay
If it is just the killing part, if push came to shove anything handy to use to defend
one's self would and could be used. Guns just happens to be the lightening rod of
of weapon of choice. Of course no one debates defending one's self with a cast
iron skillet though it could kill if used with the same intent as a gun.
I'm wondering what those who oppose guns for self defense would say is okay to use?

A kitchen knife is easier to handle than a cast iron skillet, and a baseball bat would probably be preferable to using a knife or skillet. I have a couple of bamboo back scratchers, not deadly but sturdy enough to hurt like h*ll and raise welts.

But here's the problem... it's not likely you will know anything about an intruder, his intentions or what his own weapon of choice might happen to be. As a rule thieves usually try to avoid any contact with owners of property they want to steal, but you can't afford to assume they are thieves or thieves who are themselves unarmed.

Confronting an intruder is problematic for both the homeowner and the intruder, because neither one has the luxury of taking the time to thoroughly assess the situation, and maybe go online to a discussion forum to ruminate over the philosophical and moral implications of protecting life and property... there isn't time for all that.

F

Moves
23 Sep 17

I'm wondering what those who oppose guns for self defense would say is okay to use?

A kitchen knife is easier to handle than a cast iron skillet, and a baseball bat would probably be preferable to using a knife or skillet. I have a couple of bamboo back scratchers, not deadly but sturdy enough to hurt like h*ll and raise welts.

But here's the probl ...[text shortened]... ophical and moral implications of protecting life and property... there isn't time for all that.
That's a bit better, thanks. So, once again, if you came down the stairs in the middle of the night to find someone attempting to leave your house with your TV in his arms, would you - as a Christian American - feel legally and morally justified in shooting the burglar dead?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Sep 17

Uhmm, offer him a hot beverage?
Or... I could tell my wife and kids to go deal with it, and then hide under the bed.

I see you are unable to answer.
Although I reckon hiding under the bed is close to the truth.

Gun ownership is for the scared little boys.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
23 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
That's a bit better, thanks. So, once again, if you came down the stairs in the middle of the night to find someone attempting to leave your house with your TV in his arms, would you - as a Christian American - feel legally and morally justified in shooting the burglar dead?
That's ridiculous. If I shoot him dead he's likely to drop the TV and ruin it. I'd tell him to gently set the TV down and get the **** out of my house. And if he has any sense he will do just that.

Moves
23 Sep 17

Originally posted by @josephw
Yes. We like to think according to Biblical truth. Something you obviously have difficulty with.
OK...Can you tell us if you believe their is literal eternal suffering in hell?

Moves
23 Sep 17

It's called the Castle Doctrine. Shoot first. Ask questions later.

A criminal breaks into your home they risk the consequences. If North Korea launches a strike against the U.S. they will be annihilated.
Is this a philosophy that falls under you "thinking according to biblical truth"?

Moves
23 Sep 17

They broke into your home. Opening a dialogue with the assailant and hesitating may cost you and your family's life.

A criminal breaks into your home they assume the risk they may be killed. That makes them a very dangerous person.
Yes that's a fair perspective, but my point is that America, American Christians seem very keen to excersise their right to kill, when one of the "bible truths" is thou shalt not kill.

Moves
23 Sep 17

It would be a waste of words explaining "Biblical Truth" to you. And you know it.
You are usually very quick with the viscous barbs and very slow with the debating on what your thinking is that's driving them.

Moves
23 Sep 17

Well duh of course you bet most assuredly...
So Wolfgang was spot on with his comment which you pretended was misrepresenting you when you replied to him "that's not what I said"...?

Moves
23 Sep 17

Why can't you just discuss the issue with being furtive and silly.

Moves
23 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
He's already said he would, albeit wedged into one of his silly responses about bazookas and criminal thinking rehabilitation.