1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 01:16
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Give it a try. It's the thread topic. For instance, are avowedly non-violent/anti-violence, pacifist, non-gun owner Christians [like Jehovah's Witnesses for example] in some way failing "to think according to Biblical truth" with regard to gun ownership and the right to kill?
    It would be a waste of words explaining "Biblical Truth" to you. And you know it.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 01:17
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    That's not what I said.
    But that's what Wolfgang heard.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 01:18
    Originally posted by @josephw
    It would be a waste of words explaining "Biblical Truth" to you. And you know it.
    Just a few quotations or verses from the Bible would suffice in so far as they pertain to the rights to own guns and the right to use lethal force in self-defence. It is the thread topic, after all, and it was you who introduced the notion of "Biblical truth" in relation to your own stance.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 01:20
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I sometimes wish this god stuff was real so that you could experience banging on the
    Pearly Gates of Heaven while us decent non-believers are all inside playing jazz-harps.
    Jesus is real.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 01:25
    Jesus is real.
    He wishes his definition of God was real.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 01:38
    FMF: What does "to think according to Biblical truth" mean exactly with regard to gun ownership and the right to kill?

You wouldn't understand.
    Just about everybody here is smarter and more thoughtful than you, josephw, so the idea that you somehow have pertinent information about your religion's text-based perspective on gun ownership and the right to kill ~ that other people for some reason cannot understand ~ is pretty ludicrous.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 01:38
    That's his problem.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 01:45
    @wolfgang59 : So killing someone who is attempting to steal your tv is ok?

That's not what I said.
    If you came down the stairs in the middle of the night to find someone attempting to leave your house with your TV in his arms, would you - as a Christian American - feel legally and morally justified in shooting the burglar dead?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 02:121 edit
    That's not what I said.
    How would you treat someone breaking into your house?
    (Keep up with the conversation btw and you will understand what other posters mean)
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 02:15
    If it was what I "heard" then I would not be asking him would I?
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 02:151 edit
    If you came down the stairs in the middle of the night to find someone attempting to leave your house with your TV in his arms, would you - as a Christian American - feel legally and morally justified in shooting the burglar dead?
    Well duh of course you bet most assuredly, but only if I shoot at him with a bazooka. Using a little bitty hand gun is pitty-full, just pity-full. But there ain't no point in killing him, because if he's dead he won't learn nuthin'.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 02:171 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    How would you treat someone breaking into your house?
    (Keep up with the conversation btw and you will understand what other posters mean)
    Uhmm, offer him a hot beverage?
    Or... I could tell my wife and kids to go deal with it, and then hide under the bed.

What would you do?
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 02:18
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I think you feel that because you know how special all life is, which I think speaks very
    highly of you. You would no doubt feel the same way even if you accidently caused
    another to die. I think having my own life threaten I may defer, but my family I'd more than
    likely send them to God, and as you say, feel that the rest of my life.
    I think most people who think they could simply shoot a guy and be fine with it the next day would be in for a rude shock to discover how long that memory stayed with them.

Most of us have a built in physical revulsion to seeing another person or animal maimed or killed. There is a small fringe of people, the psychotic, who lack this moral brake in their head. Those are the ones to worry about.

I think similarly to you, except I wouldn't let someone take my life, even with no one else in the house. If they're coming at me with a weapon, or even just in a violent manner, I'm pulling the trigger.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 02:261 edit
    Well duh of course you bet most assuredly, but only if I shoot at him with a bazooka. Using a little bitty hand gun is pitty-full, just pity-full. But there ain't no point in killing him, because if he's dead he won't learn nuthin'.
    A proper answer would be more worthwhile. Gun ownership, gun use, killing, through the prism of morality/spirituality is an interesting topic.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Sep '17 02:371 edit
    A proper answer would be more worthwhile. Gun ownership, gun use, killing, through the prism of morality/spirituality is an interesting topic.
    Fits neatly into your agenda, does it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree