Christians who love guns

Christians who love guns

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Lake of fire, old testament violence, homosexuality, slavery etc. Do you have a stance on these or not?
I've been openly and clearly discussing eternal suffering here for years and years.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Have managed to remember what profound words of wisdom it was that said to a burglar in your house that you feel he would remember later when he was in his prison cell?
Not verbatim, no.
Why do you ask, are you a seeker of truth and wisdom?

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
Not verbatim, no.
Why do you ask, are you a seeker of truth and wisdom?
Because I think you're making the whole story up, that's why 🙂

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
Maybe it is not a contradiction. Still, I'd appreciate at least a link to explain why "turning the other cheek" does not rule out lethal self-defense.
Someone slapping your face is not a lethal attack.

Turning the other cheek is a demonstration of moral strength in that you have the self discipline to not simply react in retribution by slapping the offenders face. Moral courage and self disipline are marks of strength, not weakness. Whereas pride and moral cowardess are attributes of weakness, not strength.

If you can take a hit, or an insult or false accusation without mindlessly lashing back, it means you are not a cowardly whimp who feels the need to prove his manhood.

w

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @vivify
Violence due to self defense isn't a contradiction in the bible. "Turn the other cheek" doesn't mean don't defend yourself; people get that wrong.

The bible tells Christians to "carry a dagger" to protect themselves. And that's a New Testament quote.
The Bible says to turn the other cheek, however, it does not mention blowing their heads off. 😛

w

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
I've been openly and clearly discussing eternal suffering here for years and years.
Which only goes to prove there is eternal suffering.

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @whodey
Which only goes to prove there is eternal suffering.
Why whodey, that was actually quite funny

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
27 Sep 17

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
Someone slapping your face is not a lethal attack.

Turning the other cheek is a demonstration of moral strength in that you have the self discipline to not simply react in retribution by slapping the offenders face. Moral courage and self disipline are marks of strength, not weakness. Whereas pride and moral cowardess are attributes of weakness, not s ...[text shortened]... sly lashing back, it means you are not a cowardly whimp who feels the need to prove his manhood.
There are more verses than that on pacifism. "Do not repay evil for evil" comes to mind. I interpret the phrase "turn the other cheek" less literally and more metaphorically.