The word is imminent.
    Someday I'll learn how to spell that word. 🤔
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 04:29
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I suspect he may be an atheist who's just taking the piss out of Christians with a 'The End is Nigh' parody.
    That's a distinct possibility.
  3. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 10:43
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    But the book of Daniel isn’t “sealed”, nor does “book” require capitalisation. You need to be better than this if your hoping to hook people in.
    As far as you need be concerned, it was sealed for thousands of years.

When one thinks of the countdown / countup as an opening scroll, there still remains that portion yet to be realized.

In the interest of humanity, you couldn't have said that the Book of Daniel was unsealed prior to the day in which it was officially unsealed in public court.

Your respect for and understanding of the matter at hand is seriously lacking.
  4. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 10:52
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    What am I lying about?
    The part about you jumping for joy.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 11:06
    Originally posted by @edward-palamar
    I have been shown eight windows for the Three Days of Darkness thus far, the ninth to come at the end of this third Liturgical year of the Judgment.

That leaves the final three days of the 2,300 day cleansing period as the tenth window; I don't foresee anything more beyond that.
    You are not making sense.
    Not to worry.
  6. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 12:03
    Originally posted by @secondson
    The exact day of Jesus' actual physical return to the earth won't be known until the occurrence of the "abomination that maketh desolate" spoken of by Daniel the prophet, which happens 3 1/2 years after the start of that seven year period, then I believe it will be 1260 days after that. But don't quote me on that.

So, for the church, Christ's return is imminent. Has been for the last 2000 years.
    That is from chapter nine, repeated again in chapter twelve.

This makes the fulfillment of the prophecy event dependent.

Interposed in chapter ten, Daniel is told that he is going to be told about what would happen to his people in latter times, the specifics of chapter eleven.

But the basis for timing is established in chapter nine with Christ's being baptized as Prince and being slain as King across the final week of years.

I still see that final week of years as mankind's touch with eternity.

Of that particular "abomination that maketh desolate" however, I find it easiest to count the days remaining as the crime has already been committed.

The prophecy includes a maximum time frame, but also includes the fact that the particular abomination is directly associated with that time frame.

The judgment in the prophecy concerns decreed multiple desolations poured out as a result of multiple abominations.

I have been witness to that particular abomination, the one, to use an axiom, that broke the camel's back.

Unless the others involved speak about it, too, there is no other current connection with that particular abomination save through me, and they might not see it in the same light as I do.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 12:09
    Someday I'll learn how to spell that word. 🤔
    Will it be imminently?
  8. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 12:23
    Isn’t this a type of “classic Roman fart”?
    I used that term in the plural some years ago, but my tastes seem to have changed as I'd prefer a new yacht and motor home.
  9. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 13:151 edit
    "If Jesus comes one time to suffer as He did for our sakes, sending His angel ahead of Him before so doing,.."

What angel was sent ahead of Jesus' first advent? Are you talking about Gabriel?

"...is Jesus not entitled to do the same when He returns in fulfillment of His saying, "so that where I am, so also you may be"?"

This second half of your sentence does not logically follow the first.
    Then your logic is seriously flawed.

Let's work on that first.

Jesus, Himself, bore witness concerning His sending His angel first.

So your entire post is not built upon a firm foundation.

https://reasonabletheology.org/hymn-story-how-firm-a-foundation/
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 13:38
    We are less than 104 days from the completion of the 2,300 day cleansing period of Daniel 8:14.

There is much more info at my website listed in my profile at redhotpawn.

There is even an active topic already here :

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/science/the-unsealing-of-an-ancient-book.177961
    If you are right you win a cookie.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 13:49
    Your respect for and understanding of the matter at hand is seriously lacking.
    Ah the old you are unlearned in these matters tactic.

On the other hand I think you are either a trolling atheist or a deluded fruitlooper.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 14:08

On the other hand I think you are either a trolling atheist or a deluded fruitlooper.
    Deluded fruitlooper?

Really?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 14:26

The man is starting to sound like a false prophet. In 2016 he predicted that the 3 days of darkness was in November of that year. That clearly did not transpire. Now he is predicting it for December of this year. Come Jan 2019 he most likely will disappear into thin air, and reappear in a couple years to fool more gullible people.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 14:40
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Deluded fruitlooper?

Really?
    Really what?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 14:41
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The man is starting to sound like a false prophet. In 2016 he predicted that the 3 days of darkness was in November of that year. That clearly did not transpire. Now he is predicting it for December of this year. Come Jan 2019 he most likely will disappear into thin air, and reappear in a couple years to fool more gullible people.
    It's not to be taken seriously....is it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree