1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 08:17
    @kellyjay said
    The only time that a lie would be involved is if what they were saying was not true; if you cannot define what it is, they are talking about how they could say it is true or not, don't know what they mean.
    How about if they were in love for 23 years and they said so? If they divorced at the end of the 25th year, were they lying during those 23 years when they said they were in love?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 08:41
    @moonbus said
    He may mean that no one knows whether Chis and Donna's love was real and faded, or imagined or feigned, or just not as deep as they had hoped.
    Kellyjay is quite happy to appropriate and misapply the analogous use of “marriage” in the “eternal son” thread where he has attempted to describe the relationship between person one and person two of the Trinitarian godhead (I.e. Jehovah and Jesus) as NOT being the same spiritual entity but being more like a “marriage”. I know what he’s trying to do but the analogy not supported in scripture, at all. But let’s leave that topic in that thread.

Meanwhile he is in this thread seemingly pretending to not understand the parsimonious analogy of marriage and faith, an analogy, which unlike the one he used above, IS completely supported in scripture multiple times by multiple authors in reference to the bride of Christ, the marriage feast in Canaan etc and so forth.

Kellyjay knows the bible and the marriage analogy well enough for others of us to see him pretending to not get it. Him pretending to not get it is actually far interesting (with respect to FMF’s loss of faith as a topic) than the thread’s subject matter.

In fact the best thing about this forum is the way several of the self-thought-of “pure-in-heart” who will see god, or at least having him flowing through them (sic), consistently demonstrate low integrity posting, evasiveness and at times outright intellectual dishonesty.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:052 edits
    @fmf said
    How about if they were in love for 23 years and they said so? If they divorced at the end of the 25th year, were they lying during those 23 years when they said they were in love?
    If you cannot define your terms, you can say whatever you want, I love you, what does that mean, whatever I want, 20 years later, I love you, what do you mean, whatever I want. If you cannot define what it means to love, it can mean whatever you want it to mean, so no one can claim you were lying.

If your OP was about faith, then what changed? I care for you and want you to be with me for the rest of my life; full stop, I have changed my mind? The promises made, the vows exchanged carried with them a promise for the rest of their lives, not I will have warm and fuzzy feelings for you until someone better comes along.

I think you don't have a clue about the words you are using except on a very shallow level, it may sound good, but the reality of what those words mean either are grounded in some so much more, or they are meaningless, say what you want, you are not talking specifics you are just using words that mean things without allowing them to have meaning.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:10
    @kellyjay said
    If you cannot define your terms, you can say whatever you want, I love you, what does that mean, whatever I want, 20 years later, I love you, what do you mean, whatever I want. If you cannot define what it means to love, it can mean whatever you want it to mean, so no one can claim you were lying.
    So, you can't take Chris and Donna's word for it that they were in love for 23 years of happy marriage because they haven't defined "love" to your satisfaction?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:11
    @kellyjay said
    If you cannot define what it means to love, it can mean whatever you want it to mean, so no one can claim you were lying.
    Does this mean that you think Chris and Donna may have been lying for 23 years?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:141 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I think you don't have a clue about the words you are using except on a very shallow level, it may sound good, but the reality of what those words mean either are grounded in some so much more, or they are meaningless, say what you want, you are not talking specifics you are just using words that mean things without allowing them to have meaning.
    Interesting angle, KellyJay, but if you really think my debating with you is at "a very shallow level" or that my words are "meaningless" ~ and it's not just KellyJay-feels-belittled banter on your part - then I think the problem here is not with my intelligence and comprehension and integrity, but with yours.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:16
    @kellyjay said
    If your OP was about faith, then what changed? I care for you and want you to be with me for the rest of my life; full stop, I have changed my mind?
    Well, just have a think about people you have known who got divorced. Draw upon that knowledge you have of people, marriage, love, and lost love.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:16
    @kellyjay said
    The promises made, the vows exchanged carried with them a promise for the rest of their lives, not I will have warm and fuzzy feelings for you until someone better comes along.
    Is this how you assume Chris and Donna's marriage must have been?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:18
    Boy oh boy, KellyJay. The talk is of love and faith, and of love lost and faith lost, and all that seems to fill your head is stuff about people lying. You are such a misanthrope.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:25
    @fmf said
    So, you can't take Chris and Donna's word for it that they were in love for 23 years of happy marriage because they haven't defined "love" to your satisfaction?
    If the words they use can mean anything they want, they can say whatever they want! How would anyone know if they were lying since what I mean now is what I mean now, and what I meant then is what I meant then?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:28
    @kellyjay said
    If the words they use can mean anything they want, they can say whatever they want! How would anyone know if they were lying since what I mean now is what I mean now, and what I meant then is what I meant then?
    But your reaction to their story is that they may be lying and may have been lying for 23 years, right?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:29
    @fmf said
    Interesting angle, KellyJay, but if you really think my debating with you is at "a very shallow level" or that my words are "meaningless" ~ and it's not just KellyJay-feels-belittled banter on your part - then I think the problem here is not with my intelligence and comprehension and integrity, but with yours.
    We have to know what we are talking about, and if words do not carry a meaning that is agreed upon, how can communication occur? We could be in a lengthy conversation saying all the exact same words, but if those words carry a different meaning to each of us, do you think we are communicating, or is there a lot of misunderstanding taking place? I was hoping you wouldn't make this about me; again, stay on topic.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:30
    @fmf said
    But your reaction to their story is that they may be lying and may have been lying for 23 years, right?
    Lying about what?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:30
    Do you see all the married couples around you who are in love to be 'possibly lying about love' until they - presumably - die still married/not divorced, in which case it becomes moot?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '22 09:31
    @fmf said
    Boy oh boy, KellyJay. The talk is of love and faith, and of love lost and faith lost, and all that seems to fill your head is stuff about people lying. You are such a misanthrope.
    Yeah, yeah, fmf good KellyJay bad...another topic, another chance to say this or something like it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree