1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    11 May '05 21:57
    Q: Do you think they'll ever find Noah's Ark? I've been fascinated by some of the documentaries I've seen about the search for the Ark, and if they found it I think it sure would make people take the Bible more seriously. — R.K.


    A: Dear R.K.,
    Yes, it certainly would cause a sensation if explorers did discover Noah's ark (which is described in chapters 6-8 of Genesis). And yes, it might make some people take the Bible more seriously.

    Whether or not this will ever happen, however, remains to be seen—and even if it never happens, God has already given us more than enough reason to trust the Bible. For example, within the last century or so, archaeologists have made hundreds—even thousands—of discoveries that confirm the Bible's historical accuracy. Some written records from ancient libraries even recount events that are also told in the Bible, or give the names of kings or other people also mentioned in the Bible.

    In spite of this, however, many people still ignore the Bible or even reject it completely. And truthfully, even if Noah's ark is discovered one day, some people will still reject it. Why? The reason is because they don't want God in their lives. They want to run their own lives, and they know that if they took the Bible seriously, they would have to submit their lives to Christ.

    Is your faith firmly based on God's Word, the Bible, and are you seeking to follow its truth? The Bible says, "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless" (Psalm 18:30). Make sure of your commitment to Christ, and then let His Word guide your steps every day.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    11 May '05 22:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Q: Do you think they'll ever find Noah's Ark? I've been fascinated by some of the documentaries I've seen about the search for the Ark, and if they found it I think it sure would make people take the Bible more seriously. — R.K.


    A: Dear R.K.,
    Yes, it certainly would cause a sensation if explorers did discover Noah's ark (which is described in cha ...[text shortened]... 8:30). Make sure of your commitment to Christ, and then let His Word guide your steps every day.
    Everyone here feels inspired by your copy paste skills.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    11 May '05 22:25
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Everyone here feels inspired by your copy paste skills.
    I will say this that you are saying that as an excuse not to accept Christ.

    This is what BlindFaith said in one of the other threads to Nemosissy,
    I hope the day does not come when you stand in judgement, and all you can say is "Contadictions, what about those Contradictins." And the LORD says, "Contradictions,there were no contradictions, you just used that as an excuse, not to accept The Salvation that I offered."
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    11 May '05 22:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I will say this that you are saying that as an excuse not to accept Christ.

    This is what BlindFaith said in one of the other threads to Nemosissy,
    I hope the day does not come when you stand in judgement, and all you can say is "Contadictions, what about those Contradictins." And the LORD says, "Contradictions,there were no contradictions, you just used that as an excuse, not to accept The Salvation that I offered."
    My excuse for not accepting Christ is that no one has yet given me a reason (outside of Pascal's Wager) that I should.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    11 May '05 23:04
    I will say this that you are saying that as an excuse not to accept Christ

    No, some of us just have standards.

    This is what BlindFaith said in one of the other threads to Nemosissy,
    I hope the day does not come when you stand in judgement, and all you can say is "Contadictions, what about those Contradictins." And the LORD says, "Contradictions,there were no contradictions, you just used that as an excuse, not to accept The Salvation that I offered."


    You can really sense the xtian compassion in your statement here. Do I detect ressentiment?
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    11 May '05 23:07
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    My excuse for not accepting Christ is that no one has yet given me a reason (outside of Pascal's Wager) that I should.
    doesnt all the quotes about Christ , turn you off... that act almost like Christ said nothing of import to the doctrine of Christianity.

    a quote of Christ's own words will draw a deluge of of "explanatory" scripture written by Paul. and usually the message of Christ gets drowned.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    11 May '05 23:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Q: Do you think they'll ever find Noah's Ark? I've been fascinated by some of the documentaries I've seen about the search for the Ark, and if they found it I think it sure would make people take the Bible more seriously. — R.K.


    A: Dear R.K.,
    Yes, it certainly would cause a sensation if explorers did discover Noah's ark (which is described in cha ...[text shortened]... 8:30). Make sure of your commitment to Christ, and then let His Word guide your steps every day.
    They may find a boat and call it Noah's Ark. They'll never find the boat described in the story in Genesis 6.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    11 May '05 23:50
    Originally posted by telerion
    They may find a boat and call it Noah's Ark. They'll never find the boat described in the story in Genesis 6.
    how about Xiusudra's or Utanapishtim's
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    12 May '05 00:17
    Originally posted by telerion
    They may find a boat and call it Noah's Ark. They'll never find the boat described in the story in Genesis 6.
    Just like Mr. Billy Graham say, "And truthfully, even if Noah's ark is discovered one day, some people will still reject it. Why? The reason is because they don't want God in their lives. They want to run their own lives, and they know that if they took the Bible seriously, they would have to submit their lives to Christ."
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    12 May '05 00:45
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Just like Mr. Billy Graham say, "And truthfully, even if Noah's ark is discovered one day, some people will still reject it. Why? The reason is because they don't want God in their lives. They want to run their own lives, and they know that if they took the Bible seriously, they would have to submit their lives to Christ."
    Gatekeeper, ho, open thy gate!
    Open thy gate that I may enter!
    If thou openest not the gate to let me enter,
    I will break the door, I will wrench the lock,
    I will smash the door-posts, I will force the doors.
    I will bring up the dead to eat the living.
    And the dead will outnumber the living."
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    12 May '05 00:531 edit
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Gatekeeper, ho, open thy gate!
    Open thy gate that I may enter!
    If thou openest not the gate to let me enter,
    I will break the door, I will wrench the lock,
    I will smash the door-posts, I will force the doors.
    I will bring up the dead to eat the living.
    And the dead will outnumber the living."
    And the dead will outnumber the living."

    Isn't that the truth.

    Matthew 7:13 - "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
    Matthew 7:14 - For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

    It sure is amazing that God can help his believer to have an answer for the lost, to help them.
    ==========================
    Praise God my God is more powerful then evil/sin and evil/sin will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    12 May '05 01:16
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I will say this that you are saying that as an excuse not to accept Christ.

    This is what BlindFaith said in one of the other threads to Nemosissy,
    I hope the day does not come when you stand in judgement, and all you can say is "Contadictions, what about those Contradictins." And the LORD says, "Contradictions,there were no contradictions, you just used that as an excuse, not to accept The Salvation that I offered."
    Well, I for one hope I am in line with Nemesio. I'd get a big kick out of hearing God call him Nemosissy. Would he have a name for me, RB?
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    12 May '05 01:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    And the dead will outnumber the living."

    Isn't that the truth.

    Matthew 7:13 - "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
    Matthew 7:14 - For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

    It sure is amazing tha ...[text shortened]... od my God is more powerful then evil/sin and evil/sin will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    And, as the Cock crew, those who stood before
    The Tavern shouted--"Open then the Door.
    You know how little while we have to stay,
    And, once departed, may return no more."
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    12 May '05 01:22
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    And, as the Cock crew, those who stood before
    The Tavern shouted--"Open then the Door.
    You know how little while we have to stay,
    And, once departed, may return no more."
    I can see how ignorant and hierocrat you and kirksey are.
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    12 May '05 01:30
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I can see how ignorant and hierocrat you and kirksey are.
    Its branches shoot to heaven and sink to earth,
    Even as the deeds of men, which take their birth
    From qualities: its silver sprays and blooms,
    And all the eager verdure of its girth,
    Leap to quick life at kiss of sun and air,
    As men's lives quicken to the temptings fair
    Of wooing sense: its hanging rootlets seek
    The soil beneath, helping to hold it there,
    As actions wrought amid this world of men
    Bind them by ever-tightening bonds again.
    If ye knew well the teaching of the Tree,
    What its shape saith; and whence it springs; and, then
    How it must end, and all the ills of it,
    The axe of sharp Detachment ye would whet,
    And cleave the clinging snaky roots, and lay
    This Aswattha of sense-life low,- to set
    New growths upspringing to that happier sky,-
    Which they who reach shall have no day to die,
    Nor fade away, nor fall- to Him, I mean,
    FATHER and FIRST, Who made the mystery
    Of old Creation; for to Him come they
    From passion and from dreams who break away;
    Who part the bonds constraining them to flesh,
    And,- Him, the Highest, worshipping alway-



Back to Top