1. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    13 May '05 16:34
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Also not forgetting that people live much longer in them days, Noah for example lived to be 950. Plus right at the start of the story it states that giants also lived in them days. If believe what it says in the bible.
    And what are giants?
  2. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    13 May '05 16:40
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    You should remember this sentence when you're tempted to tell someone that they're going to burn in hell.
    BlindFaith is only saying that we are not the judge. But we can tell you that if you do not believe in Christ, you will go to hell. A Christian can not say who specifically will be saved and who will be lost, but we can tell you what we think the final criteria. And if you do not believe, you have failed to meet the criteria for salvation.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 May '05 17:23
    Originally posted by Coletti
    A Christian can not say who specifically will be saved and who will be lost, <snip>
    Right. So it makes no sense to tell a specific person, "have fun burning in hell!"
  4. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    13 May '05 19:17
    Right. So it makes no sense to tell a specific person, "have fun burning in hell!"
    I don't recommend it. But it depends. He didn't say damn you. And it may be the logical result of some assertion made previously. Some people appear to be bound and determined going to hell - what was the quote in response to?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '05 20:15
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    THE WORD OF GOD is more than what someone who is saved or unsave. The understanding of the WORD is plain and simple. Neither you or I, have the right to decide who enters the Kingdom of Heaven. Are you a someone of wisdom and undestanding? Are you someone that truly understand THE WORD OF GOD? Are you someone that has the HOLY SPIRIT? Will GOD, ask you ...[text shortened]... between. And if you donot accept the whole of THE WORD OF GOD, how can you expect to get there?
    You continue to ignore Jesus' words regarding Judgment Day in Matthew 25:31-46 where he clearly states that ALL will be judged on how they treated their fellow man. Your self-righteousness and false pride won't do it according to Jesus; faith is nothing without works. And since you won't listen to Jesus, how about the Book of James 2:13-24:

13 For judgment is without mercy to him that hath showed no mercy: mercy glorieth against judgment.

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but have not works? can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked and in lack of daily food,

16 and one of you say unto them, Go in peace, be ye warmed and filled; and yet ye give them not the things needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

18 Yea, a man will say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith apart from thy works, and I by my works will show thee my faith.

19 Thou believest that God is one; thou doest well: the demons also believe, and shudder.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith apart from works is barren?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Thou seest that faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect;

23 and the scripture was fulfilled which saith, And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness; and he was called the friend of God.

24 Ye see that by works a man is justified, and not only by faith.

"Faith apart from works is barren" and that is YOU, blindfaith101; you espouse a non-scriptural philosophy that NOTHING is required but faith in clear contradiction to Jesus' words and other scripture. How are you a "Christian" again?
  6. R.I.P.
    Moves
    13 May '05 21:451 edit
    Originally posted by Coletti
    And what are giants?
    Solder Termites (GIants) perhaps
    I'll let RBH answer that one
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 May '05 22:101 edit
    BTW
    What da heck is a hierocrat?
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    14 May '05 13:29
    You should remember this sentence when you're tempted to tell someone that they're going to burn in hell.
    THE WORD OF GOD, says that those that do not repent are going to hell. I am only repeating the teachings of the Savior JESUS CHRIST. It is THE WORD OF GOD that blesses and condemms.
  9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    14 May '05 13:32
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    You ought to actually READ Roman's 1:16-18
    and then Read Matthew 25:31-46 for that is the Gospel of Christ that Paul speaks of.

My own take on it shouldn't matter to you, but consider these words of wisdom from the great Yogi :

"It ain't over, til it's over"
    Yes, and I understand those words, exactly as they are written. And in the same way that they are taught.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 May '05 15:24
    Yes, and I understand those words, exactly as they are written. And in the same way that they are taught.
    Taught? By who? Christ is your teacher, any other can only dilute his message.

The taught version you have isn't from Christ it's from peoples interpretations of what his message is , which may be acceptable as an aid in applying his Way to a particular worldly situation, BUT , not in defining the message. His message is clearly stated in Mathew 25. I don't see why you have such a problem with it unless it's in the way you were "taught".
  11. Bible Basher HQ
    Moves
    14 May '05 15:27
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Q: Do you think they'll ever find Noah's Ark? I've been fascinated by some of the documentaries I've seen about the search for the Ark, and if they found it I think it sure would make people take the Bible more seriously. — R.K.

A: Dear R.K.,
    Yes, it certainly would cause a sensation if explorers did discover Noah's ark (which is described in cha ...[text shortened]... 8:30). Make sure of your commitment to Christ, and then let His Word guide your steps every day.
    Other than being spoon fed large amounts of religious crap by a corrupt nun during your childhood which in turn has transformed you into a rampant religious zealot, why do you believe in christianity so strongly? and why do you not allow others to have there own beliefs instead of trying to force people into believing what you believe?
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 May '05 16:27
    THE WORD OF GOD, says that those that do not repent are going to hell. I am only repeating the teachings of the Savior JESUS CHRIST. It is THE WORD OF GOD that blesses and condemms.
    He also says that those who do not feed the hungry are going to hell.

Have you fed the poor recently? If not, then you aren't a Christian.

Nemesio
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 May '05 16:37
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    He also says that those who do not feed the hungry are going to hell.

Have you fed the poor recently? If not, then you aren't a Christian.

Nemesio
    Do you know that once you accept Christ you are saved.

You feed the hungry out of what Christ has done for you, if you feed the hungry to try to go to heaven for good works then you are not saved.

It is impossible to please God, you are only justified by faith in Jesus Christ.
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 May '05 16:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Do you know that once you accept Christ you are saved.

You feed the hungry out of what Christ has done for you, if you feed the hungry to try to go to heaven for good works then you are not saved.

It is impossible to please God, you are only justified by faith in Jesus Christ.
    Thats not what Christ says RB.

15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 May '05 16:54
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Thats not what Christ says RB.

Go read Eph. 2:8-10.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree