1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 19:002 edits
    @rajk999 said
    I would not say it that way. James made it clear that there is a difference between faith and works. They are in fact two separate things. Faith alone is dead. therefore it is possible to have faith [ie to profess belief], without living righteously. Paul said this several times.

Also the process of being saved takes two steps:
    1. Christ's work on the cross
    2. The life of professed follower.

Again these are two separate things.
    it is possible to have faith [ie to profess belief], without living righteously. Paul said this several times.
    Where? Faith without works is dead faith.
    Please share with Scriptures number 2. No pun intended.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 19:10
    @divegeester said
    This is all the unequivocal evidence and straightforward rationale I need...

Ephesians 2:8-10
    For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
    For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Thanks anyway my friend.
    You mean when Paul said you are saved, you ran out of the synagogue and shouted .." Im saved Im saved, Jesus saved me from my sins... Hallelujah, Praise the Lord .. " If you waited for Paul to complete the sermon you would see that some saved Christians will be cast our for living in sin.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 19:13
    @kingdavid403 said
    Well, I disagree here. Keep striving for the upward call in Christ Jesus, you will find the truth.
    [James 2:17-26 NKJV] 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
    18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
    19 You believe that there is one God. ...[text shortened]... another way?
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."
    This means that faith and works are two distinct and separate things.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 19:163 edits
    @rajk999 said
    This means that faith and works are two distinct and separate things.
    I totally disagree. Read scriptures I posted a couple posts ago. Extremely clear. The two cannot be separated in a true believer. If you have one, you have the other.
    Separated? In A fake believer, yes. A true believer, NO!
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 19:26
    @kingdavid403 said
    I totally disagree. Read scriptures I posted a couple posts ago. Extremely clear. The two cannot be separated in a true believer. If you have one, you have the other.
    Separated? In A fake believer, yes. A true believer, NO!
    Are you now claiming to know who is a true believer and who is a fake believer? How about leaving that for Jesus Christ? For us, faith is simply a profession of faith. Works is all the good things Jesus said to do in Matt 5, 6 and 7 and other places during his ministry. In the end Jesus knows who is true and who is fake.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 19:291 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Are you now claiming to know who is a true believer and who is a fake believer? How about leaving that for Jesus Christ? For us, faith is simply a profession of faith. Works is all the good things Jesus said to do in Matt 5, 6 and 7 and other places during his ministry. In the end Jesus knows who is true and who is fake.
    [James 2:17-26 NKJV] 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
    18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
    19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!
    20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
    21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
    22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
    23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
    24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
    25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent [them] out another way?
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 19:337 edits
    @rajk999 said
    Are you now claiming to know who is a true believer
    Sure, I'll bite.
    A true believe has such faith that his or her works shows it to all others.
    A fake believer just says, " Yes, I believe"; then they have no works in their life.
    EDIT: Of course, this can change in ones life for better or worse.
    Simple really.
    All thanks to God aka Jesus. 🙂
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 20:131 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    Are you now claiming to know who is a true believer
    Sure, I'll bite.
    A true believe has such faith that his or her works shows it to all others.
    A fake believer just says, " Yes, I believe"; then they have no works in their life.
    EDIT: Of course, this can change in ones life for better or worse.
    Simple really.
    All thanks to God aka Jesus. 🙂
    Only Jesus knows. Therefore for me, I hear a man profess his faith. I say he has faith. I see a man do good works. I say nothing. Only Jesus is the judge of whose works are good and whose are not good.

Neither did Paul know who were good and who were not. He left the judgment to Christ. Paul called all the brethren in all the churches the faithful and the Saints in Christ. Paul never claimed to know who does good works and who does tno. He just watned then all, that failure to do good works and to live righteously would mean that there is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God.
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 20:271 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Only Jesus knows. Therefore for me, I hear a man profess his faith. I say he is faithful. I see a man do good works. I say nothing. Only Jesus is the judge of whose works are good and whose are not good.

Neither did Paul know who were good and who were not. He left the judgment to Christ. Paul called all the brethren in all the churches the faithful and the Saints in Chr ...[text shortened]... do good works and to live righteously would mean that there is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God.
    Of course the Judgment is of Christ and He is the only One who actually knows. Please excuse my absolutes.

Only Jesus knows. Therefore for me, I hear a man profess his faith. I say he is faithful.
    That's fine; but be careful.
    I see a man do good works. I say nothing.
    I see this as one good reason, that less and less people do good works.

Paul never claimed to know who does good works and who does tho.
    You certainly need to read God's Holy Word again. Paul does it a few times.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 22:121 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    Of course the Judgment is of Christ and He is the only One who actually knows. Please excuse my absolutes.

Only Jesus knows. Therefore for me, I hear a man profess his faith. I say he is faithful.
    That's fine; but be careful.
    I see a man do good works. I say nothing.
    I see this as one good reason, that less and less people do good works.

P ...[text shortened]... and who does tho.
    You certainly need to read God's Holy Word again. Paul does it a few times.
    Paul would call people good or say that they did good works but Paul is not infallible. Inspired to write and the preach does not make Paul a judge of character.

On the issue of the thread topic my opinion on that would be no, mostly because there are many thourands of people Jesus preached to and he said no such thing to them.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 22:29
    @Rajk999

From the (( accurate knowledge )) thread:

@rajk999 said
    Accurate knowledge is not a criteria for eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Good works and righteousness is. Accurate knowledge is not even possible when the best all of mankind can do is 'see through a glass darkly', as Paul said.

My question to you which you did not answer: "But yet you are sure about your belief or the accuracy of it? So is it accurate or not?"
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 23:03
    @galveston75 said
    @Rajk999

@rajk999 said
    Accurate knowledge is not a criteria for eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Good works and righteousness is. Accurate knowledge is not even possible when the best all of mankind can do is 'see through a glass darkly', as Paul said.

My question to you which you did not answer: "But yet you are sure about your belief or the accuracy of it? So is it accurate or not?"
    Reference the scriptures properly so we may understand what is being said in Scriptures.
    Two or three words here and there of supposed Scriptures, and you interpretations of them, do not cut it.
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 23:073 edits
    @galveston75 said
    @Rajk999

@rajk999 said

all of mankind can do is 'see through a glass darkly',
    So, is God's Word still accurate? Or in-accurate?
    Is God accurate? or inaccurate?
    Is His good message of "Christ died for us" Accurate?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 23:14
    @kingdavid403 said
    all of mankind can do is 'see through a glass darkly',
    So, is God's Word still accurate? Or in-accurate?
    Is God accurate? or inaccurate?
    Is His good message of "Christ died for us" Accurate?
    I dont know what you are asking to be honest. All I can say is that Jesus Christ presented to people to way to the Kingdom of God. That in my opinion is accurate.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '20 23:161 edit
    @galveston75 said
    @Rajk999

@rajk999 said

I am sure that the preaching and commandments of Christ is accurate and it is the way to the Kingdom of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree