1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 21:18
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I asked you a perfectly valid question. I'm sorry you feel unable to answer it.

My first post to you was to highlight you had misrepresented another poster, to fit your own agenda of theists being unable to think for themselves and only regurgitate dogma. If there was indeed trolling in the thread, it was because you introduced it.
    GoaD's first post addressed to me was in an effort to troll and his trolling continues. That he's pretending to have always been on-topic is just part and parcel of his efforts to "stir the pot".

As I posted in my first response to GoaD:

The reality is that you're twisting what I wrote to fit YOUR own agenda. (Nothing new there). You've been one of the most deceitful posters on this forum pretty much since you started posting here.

As I plainly stated:
    "Mchill's point seems to be that 'faith' has nothing to do with thinking"[/b]
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 21:21
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I see you're struggling with this. The fact is I'm not here to 2nd guess what GOD had in mind when he created the universe, but please don't try to use logic or reason to figure it out. It doesn't work that way.
    It sure does . You just have to figure out the equations. Bear in mind the wool has been pulled over our eyes. So no offense, it's an easy mistake to make
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 21:30
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Because if you actually think critically about the issue, you MIGHT be able to see your way out of the quagmire of religion which is all man made. There is no struggle here. I am very clear on my own position.

You seem to think if I struggle hard enough I will be led back to the religious life.

THAT you can forget. There is no struggle on my part. ...[text shortened]... You simple cannot understand the persuasive power of highly intelligent people. Too bad for you.
    Work smarter, not harder. Dont mistake kindness for weekness like you did with ToO
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 21:34
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    As he often does, GoaD is only interested in "stirring the pot". He's been one of the most deceitful posters on this forum pretty much since he started posting here and often stoops to deceit in his efforts to troll.
    Agreed

Ghost is toothless and spends much time on obfuscation , believing it is somehow enlightening .
  5. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 21:451 edit
    I'M struggling? did you actually read my whole argument? Where the evidence clearly shows your "GOD" WANTS the crap in the world to be as it is. You don't want to pull the 'so now you know the mind of god' card but you cannot seem to grasp the absolute fact that some humans are WAY more intelligent than average and can use that intelligence to attract foll ...[text shortened]... not one of those like Scientology but in absolute fact, from a god.

Think about it. PLEASE.
    Think about it. PLEASE.

I've thought about it a great deal.

Sir, I read every word you wrote. I understand fully what really smart people can seem like to the masses, and how they can unduly influence people. This thing is neither you not I were there 5000 years ago with the beginnings of Jewish faith, and we did not see and experience what they did. You have the right to your beliefs sir, but it might make it easier for you if you take my advice, and stop considering the concept of GOD using human reason and logic. It will be easier on your psyche.
  6. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 21:50
    [b]I'M struggling?...Think about it. PLEASE.

Yes you are struggling.

Mchill's point seems to be that "faith" has nothing to do with thinking.

So why are you pleading for him to "think"?

Perhaps this sheds light on why so many people of "faith" do not "think" and can do little more than regurgitate the dogma that they've been taught.[/b]

Perhaps this sheds light on why so many people of "faith" do not "think" and can do little more than regurgitate the dogma that they've been taught.

Wow. I seem to have stirred a bit of a hornet's nest with my posts. No offence intended to anyone here. All I ask is you consider what I said.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 21:51
    GoaD's first post addressed to me was in an effort to troll and his trolling continues. That he's pretending to have always been on-topic is just part and parcel of his efforts to "stir the pot".

As I posted in my first response to GoaD:

The reality is that you're twisting what I wrote to fit YOUR own agenda. (Nothing new there). You've bee ...[text shortened]... stated:
    "Mchill's point seems to be that 'faith' has nothing to do with thinking"
    [/b]
    Would you two spam-warriors please get room? 🙄
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 21:581 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Agreed

Ghost is toothless and spends much time on obfuscation , believing it is somehow enlightening .
    Not sure that even GoaD believes his contributions enlightening. Seems more like he just likes to "stir the pot".
  9. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 22:01
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Would you two spam-warriors please get room? 🙄
    😀
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 22:032 edits

Perhaps this sheds light on why so many people of "faith" do not "think" and can do little more than regurgitate the dogma that they've been taught.

Wow. I seem to have stirred a bit of a hornet's nest with my posts. No offence intended to anyone here. All I ask is you consider what I said.
    Actually it has long struck me as odd that many "faith"-based adherents seem compelled to present their "faith" as being grounded in reason and logic when it's clear that it isn't.

Kudos to you for telling it like it is.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 00:16
    Think about it. PLEASE.

Sir, I read every word you wrote. I understand fully what really smart people can seem like to the masses, and how they can unduly influence people. This thing is neither you not I were there 5000 years ago with the beginnings of Jewish faith, and we did not see and experience what they did. ...[text shortened]... p considering the concept of GOD using human reason and logic. It will be easier on your psyche.
    says the voice of ignorance
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 00:54
    Think about it. PLEASE.

Sir, I read every word you wrote. I understand fully what really smart people can seem like to the masses, and how they can unduly influence people. This thing is neither you not I were there 5000 years ago with the beginnings of Jewish faith, and we did not see and experience what they did. ...[text shortened]... p considering the concept of GOD using human reason and logic. It will be easier on your psyche.
    I think you really don't understand exactly HOW much more intelligent those one in a million folks are. They actually approach some god-like reasoning ability and you still can't get by the idea they are fully capable of swaying people to their idea of religion.
    You still think only god is capable of starting a religion but I just showed you an earthly example in that despicable 'religion' called Scientology, a 100% man-made religion and no doubt about that. It is a totally made up piece of feces masquerading as a religion.
    So how can you be 100% sure Christianity is not the exact same thing but a lot older?

I am sure you would freely admit other religions are man made but of course not Christianity.

BTW, not trying to offend, just trying to get you to think critically about the issue.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 02:11
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    says the voice of ignorance
    Oh, the irony.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 02:14
    I think you really don't understand exactly HOW much more intelligent those one in a million folks are. They actually approach some god-like reasoning ability and you still can't get by the idea they are fully capable of swaying people to their idea of religion.
    You still think only god is capable of starting a religion but I just showed you an earthly e ...[text shortened]... anity.

BTW, not trying to offend, just trying to get you to think critically about the issue.
    L. Ron Hubbard was a confessed con-man who once acknowledged that his "church" was just a way to get out of paying taxes.

Jesus the Christ was the Son of God.

Anything else?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '18 02:31
    I'M struggling? did you actually read my whole argument? Where the evidence clearly shows your "GOD" WANTS the crap in the world to be as it is. You don't want to pull the 'so now you know the mind of god' card but you cannot seem to grasp the absolute fact that some humans are WAY more intelligent than average and can use that intelligence to attract foll ...[text shortened]... not one of those like Scientology but in absolute fact, from a god.

Think about it. PLEASE.
    If your anger at something that happened in your youth keeps you from seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, then, yes, that is all on you, and not the fault of whatever or whoever pissed you off all those years ago.

If you blamed yourself for throwing the baby out with the bathwater, you'd be a lot closer to the truth, and perhaps a little closer to seeing the Light, rather than "seeing through a glass, darkly", as you are right now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree