End times

End times

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
15 Nov 20

@secondson said
But it does describe exactly how you are brainwashed. You bought into the ideology of agnostic atheism by believing the propaganda sold to you by sources that cannot prove that God doesn't exist or can't be known.
I haven't been brainwashed. Nor have I "bought into an ideology". I don't know what "propaganda" you are referring to. And I am not interested in the claims of people who say they can supposedly prove that God doesn't exist.

F

Moves
15 Nov 20
1 edit

@secondson said
You're just going to have to accept that without "objective facts" to prove the viability of an assertion everything becomes speculation and subjective opinion.
What applies to me, also applies to you. Everything you claim about supernatural things is is speculation and subjective opinion. Even if you call it truth. Even if you call it knowledge. Even if you call it objective. Even if you call it obvious. Even if you claim "creation" on behalf of the particular God figure and religion that you happen to subscribe to.

F

Moves
15 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
By the way FMF appears to appreciate the gospel of Christ far more than you do. I have never seen FMF write derogatory things about what Jesus said, like calling the keeping of the commandments 'legalistic / works salvation'.
I have started numerous threads on how I see much of Jesus' teaching as being an excellent code for living one's life. I believe it is one of the reasons why Christianity has been so successful.

Moves
15 Nov 20

Ah FMF, I thought you’d been raptured.

F

Moves
16 Nov 20

@divegeester said
Ah FMF, I thought you’d been raptured.
Just a few weeks in a Galvestonizing Brain Centre to make my my mind a bit atheister, that's all.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Nov 20

@fmf said
Just a few weeks in a Galvestonizing Brain Centre to make my my mind a bit atheister, that's all.
Nah, you haven't changed a bit.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 20
2 edits

@fmf said
I have started numerous threads on how I see much of Jesus' teaching as being an excellent code for living one's life. I believe it is one of the reasons why Christianity has been so successful.
Threads which address the teachings and commandments of Christ is rare. Christians say precious little of that. Imagine atheists speak more and value these teachings more. Its a shame.

F

Moves
16 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Threads which address the teachings and commandments of Christ is rare. Christians say precious little of that. Imagine atheists speak more and value these teachings more. Its a shame.
sonship, for example, wrote many hundreds of thousands of words here, and yet hardly any of them were about Jesus's commandments or walking a Christian walk, but instead were mostly narcissistic puffs of self-promoting guff about already being irreversibly saved regardless of 'sin" or becoming a deified "godman" or becoming "like Jesus" etc. etc.

Moves
16 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Over the course of my years here I have come to realise that this riff by you is nothing more than a personal axe you enjoy grinding, and while the Christian community in this forum may align with your perception of a good example of your assertion, the rhp sample is in fact a poor representation of Christianity. In fact I would say it is no example at all.

In addition to this particular observation, I think it is fair to say that you have more than adequately demonstrated, especially in your recent oddball forays in subjects such as child discipline, that your interpretation of the biblical text is not only skewed but also erroneous in an extreme which is borderline laughable.

Having said that there is mileage in exploring the hypocrisy inherent in the so-called Christian attitudes expressed in this forum. It is just that I have come to realise that your one-dimensional riff about “the teachings of Christ” is more of a thinkofone-esque angle of attack, rather than a genuinely held and lived-by set of personal standards which you employ in your own life.

This insight into your contribution doesn’t necessarily negated the observation you are making itself, but I think your attack is a hypocritical one which is why you flatly refuse to discuss the out-workings of “following the teachings of Christ” in your own life; it is quite obvious that there aren’t many.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
Over the course of my years here I have come to realise that this riff by you is nothing more than a personal axe you enjoy grinding, and while the Christian community in this forum may align with your perception of a good example of your assertion, the rhp sample is in fact a poor representation of Christianity. In fact I would say it is no example at all.

In additio ...[text shortened]... of “following the teachings of Christ” in your own life; it is quite obvious that there aren’t many.
To be frank, anyone who MUST KNOW how another person is following the teachings of Christ or otherwise, is a really badly screwed up individual. You need to check on yourself.

You will notice that in the face of all these demands from people about what I do to follow the teachings of Christ, and even outright statements from people who claim to know that I do not follow Christ' commandments, I have never once reciprocated in kind. I have never asked anyone what they do neither have I ever suggested that I know that they do not follow Christ. Christians are required to tell others about the teachings of Christ. Christians are not required to demand from others details about their life. That habit you have is no doubt the result of your poor church upbringing, which is about going to church and hearing everyone boast about what they do.

My only condemnation of Christians is that they generally do not tell people about the Christ' commandments and how critical they are for eternal life, they way Jesus said. They do not preach the gospel of Christ, and this is a fact that cannot be denied.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 20

@fmf said
sonship, for example, wrote many hundreds of thousands of words here, and yet hardly any of them were about Jesus's commandments or walking a Christian walk, but instead were mostly narcissistic puffs of self-promoting guff about already being irreversibly saved regardless of 'sin" or becoming a deified "godman" or becoming "like Jesus" etc. etc.
Sonship is the prime example because of the volume of his threads and posts. There are several others who do the same thing on a smaller scale. In all cases they resist the teachings of Christ regarding good works, even to the point of ridiculing the gospel of Christ. There are a couple who also claimed that Christ is no longer applicable as he was in another dispensation and the period of Grace is now in effect. The lengths these so-called Christians will go to remove Christ from the gospel, its amazing, actually it was foretold.

Moves
16 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
My only condemnation of Christians is that they generally do not tell people about the Christ' commandments and how critical they are for eternal life, they way Jesus said. They do not preach the gospel of Christ, and this is a fact that cannot be denied.
And my only of you is that you are doctrinally incorrect, or at least dogmatically monocular and you berate others for “cherry picking” scripture while admitting to doing it yourself.

I don’t care at all how you live your life, I’m not judging you, I’m observing you. I know (yes I know) you don’t follow the teachings of Christ any more than anyone else here, AND you are doctrinally incorrect about works being “critical” for eternal eternal life. What you ARE correct about is that Christians should know and make every effort to follow the teachings of Christ.

Please don’t bother cherry picking scriptures and throwing them at me, I’m not interested.

Moves
16 Nov 20

@rajk999 saidhe lengths these so-called Christians will go to remove Christ from the gospel, its amazing, actually it was foretold.
What exactly is this “gospel” you speak of?

I don’t remember Jesus being quoted as using this term. It’s Paulian, surely.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 20

@divegeester said
And my only of you is that you are doctrinally incorrect, or at least dogmatically monocular and you berate others for “cherry picking” scripture while admitting to doing it yourself.

I don’t care at all how you live your life, I’m not judging you, I’m observing you. I know (yes I know) you don’t follow the teachings of Christ any more than anyone else here, AND you a ...[text shortened]... rist.

Please don’t bother cherry picking scriptures and throwing them at me, I’m not interested.
Not interested in your personal conclusions about me, like I already said. I am interested in our differences of opinion about the doctrine. So if you want to discuss that further Im in, otherwise .... you know what to do with your claim to know about me ..😀

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 20

@divegeester said
What exactly is this “gospel” you speak of?

I don’t remember Jesus being quoted as using this term. It’s Paulian, surely.
You are joking, right ?