End times

End times

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
What exactly is this “gospel” you speak of?

I don’t remember Jesus being quoted as using this term. It’s Paulian, surely.
The gospel of Christ is the good news of the Kingdom of God, which Jesus preached. Jesus preached
- what the Kingdom was about
- who gets in and who gets cast out
- what one needs to DO to get in

And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. (Matthew 4:23 KJV)

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; (Mark 1:1 KJV)

The first 4 books of the NT record the teachings of Christ, hence they are called the Gospels.

Moves
16 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
The gospel of Christ is the good news of the Kingdom of God, which Jesus preached. Jesus preached
- what the Kingdom was about
- who gets in and who gets cast out
- what one needs to DO to get in

[i]And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease ...[text shortened]... i]

The first 4 books of the NT record the teachings of Christ, hence they are called the Gospels.
Jesus never used the word “gospel” it is apocryphal, despite it appearing in the “gospels”.

My small point? You cherry pick.

The word means “good news” so what was the “good news”?

Moves
16 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
You are joking, right ?
No, I’m interested in your opinion.

Good news. What is the Good news?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
Jesus never used the word “gospel” it is apocryphal, despite it appearing in the “gospels”.

My small point? You cherry pick.

Jesus never used the word gospel?
These are the words of Jesus:

Mat_11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Mat_24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mat_26:13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

Im beginning to wonder if you actually ever read the teachings of Christ.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 20
1 edit

@divegeester said

The good news is the good things which come as result of the birth of Christ. Here are they:
- the teachings and wisdom of the teachings of Christ which supersede all others. As Jesus said, a greater than Solomon is here.
- the death of Christ on the cross which paid for the sin of Adam ie imputed or inherited sin, plus some, NOT ALL sins as Paul clearly explains.
- the coming Kingdom of God, which is for all who keep the commandments, the chief of which is to love your neighbor as yourself.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Nov 20

@divegeester said
So glad you asked. It is a wonderful subject that could easily be discussed for many hours.

I'll start with this: for Abraham the "good news" was when God called him out of the land of Ur, and paganism, Abraham was a gentile and an idol worshipper by the way, to a land flowing with milk and honey, and God said to Abraham that he would make of him a great nation.

That was "good news" for Abraham. Us too seeing as how we are spiritual sons of Abraham based on the new covenant.

Moves
16 Nov 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
The good news is the good things which come as result of the birth of Christ. Here are they:
- the teachings and wisdom of the teachings of Christ which supersede all others. As Jesus said, a greater than Solomon is here.
- the death of Christ on the cross which paid for the sin of Adam ie imputed or inherited sin, plus some, NOT ALL sins as Paul clearly explains.
- the co ...[text shortened]... which is for all who keep the commandments, the chief of which is to love your neighbor as yourself.
Taking each of your three responses individually

1. the teachings and wisdom of the teachings of Christ which supersede all others. As Jesus said, a greater than Solomon is here.
You are effectively saying the “good news” is the “good news”!

2. the death of Christ on the cross which paid for the sin of Adam ie imputed or inherited sin, plus some, NOT ALL sins as Paul clearly explains.
Finally I get to the root of it This statement by you is gross error and to be honest I’m not surprised to read of you minimising the atonement. So, Jesus died for some sins, but not others, right? so therein is the root of your error and why your preaching grates on me.

3. the coming Kingdom of God, which is for all who keep the commandments, the chief of which is to love your neighbor as yourself.
Hardly “good news” considering Jesus was saying here is the “good news” 2000 years ago and the “coming kingdom” still isn’t here yet!

Moves
16 Nov 20

@secondson said
So glad you asked. It is a wonderful subject that could easily be discussed for many hours.

I'll start with this: for Abraham the "good news" was when God called him out of the land of Ur, and paganism, Abraham was a gentile and an idol worshipper by the way, to a land flowing with milk and honey, and God said to Abraham that he would make of him a great nation.

That ...[text shortened]... news" for Abraham. Us too seeing as how we are spiritual sons of Abraham based on the new covenant.
Whoosh.

Moves
16 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Jesus never used the word gospel?
These are the words of Jesus:

Mat_11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Mat_24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the ...[text shortened]... a memorial of her.

Im beginning to wonder if you actually ever read the teachings of Christ.
Those are Mathews words describing events he witnessed.
They are NOT the words of Jesus.
Mathew is calling what Jesus was doing as “good news”,.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Nov 20

@divegeester said

This may help

Luke 4:18 & 43:
18 “Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor. He sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away free.
43: But he said to them: “I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent.”

Acts 5:42: And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

Rev 14:6: And I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people.

So here Jesus, Luke, and an angel mention it. These couple scriptures and basically the whole NT is speaking of it and all that had and has to be done to establish God's Kingdom which Jesus will rule for a thousand years will be fully established here on earth. And once Satan is gone forever all of mankind's problems will be gone and the original plans set out by Jehovah before Adam and Eve sinned will be back for us all. The Good News of Jehovah's plan will be finally be completed.
Sounds like some serious Good News to me!!!!!

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Nov 20

@divegeester said
Whoosh.
😁

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 20

@divegeester said
Taking each of your three responses individually

1. the teachings and wisdom of the teachings of Christ which supersede all others. As Jesus said, a greater than Solomon is here.
You are effectively saying the “good news” is the “good news”!

2. the death of Christ on the cross which paid for the sin of Adam ie imputed or inherited sin, plus some, NOT ALL sins as Pa ...[text shortened]... sus was saying here is the “good news” 2000 years ago and the “coming kingdom” still isn’t here yet!
Of course it grates on you because it involves having to live righteously and do good works. I can understand, but regardless it is in the bible.

Many things are in the bible that grates on you
- hell
- torment of the wicked
- there is no going to heaven
- living like the Good Samaritan
- obedience to the commandments

Your idea of good news is having to do nothing except profess your faith with your mouth. The mere suggestion of righteousness grates on you. I got you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Nov 20

So Jesus talked almost constantly about "The good new about God's Kingdom". He actually talked more about this subject then anything else.
I'm sure most of you here that are Christian have prayed for this "Kingdom to come to earth as it is in heaven", right? Any idea what that means? Are you sure you want that to happen? According to the bible all that don't want it will not make it thru Armageddon. In fact the bible says that most won't. Remember the "narrow gate warning"? Do you know what Jehovah expects of someone who wants to make it to the other side of that narrow gate and into that "Kingdom"? Pretty much all humans can do that but the bible says most will not.
If one from a country they were born here on earth and raised there, but later on wanted to change to another country to become a citizen there, what is expected from you to be approved to change your citizenship and live there? What if you had fought against that country before and killed some of their citizens? Probably not huh?
What about ones here on earth that pledge their allegiance to God's Kingdom only and have followed the laws of that Kingdom but have been tortured and even killed by earthly governments or it's citizens that do not recognize God's Kingdom fully and follow the commands of it's government and have killed ones that belongs to God's Kingdom? Probably not huh?
The good news of God's kingdom is a gift, but one has to live up to it completely and correctly to gain that gift....

Moves
16 Nov 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said
This may help
No it won’t.

Are you going to answer the questions waiting for you in the “Cults” thread which you ducked out of a couple of months by pretending you had a family engagement?

Moves
16 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Of course it grates on you because it involves having to live righteously and do good works.
I refer you back to the scripture I gave you which you choose to ignore because it doesn’t fit with your pinhole perspective.