1. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 00:57
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    There is one sin that I believe (won't) that won't be forgiven by Jesus and that is the sin against the Holy Spirit. It is my belief that the sin against the Holy Spirit will be the rejection of Jesus at the end. Jesus sacrifice is what saves us and to reject it condemns us, there is nothing left.

I may have this a little off, what do you think?
    I think that there is a whole pile of sins that wont be forgiven not just sins against the HS. It depends a many many things.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 01:06
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think that there is a whole pile of sins that wont be forgiven not just sins against the HS. It depends a many many things.
    Well, the bible says only one!
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 01:11
    Well, the bible says only one!
    Well to be honest that is a childish interpretation of what the Bible says.

Forgiveness depends on many things regardless of the sin. Suppose and man sins [say he tells a lie], and is not repentant, will he be forgiven? NO

If you read the Bible it tells of many many situations where people will not get forgiveness.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 01:38
    Well to be honest that is a childish interpretation of what the Bible says.

Forgiveness depends on many things regardless of the sin. Suppose and man sins [say he tells a lie], and is not repentant, will he be forgiven? NO

If you read the Bible it tells of many many situations where people will not get forgiveness.
    Matt 12:31

31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 01:49

31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
    Told you so... He isn't all there...😉
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 05:44
    Is taking drugs a sin? Never knew that.

In any event I cannot comment on what Christ would do? I am just pointing out what the bible says.

Is this the reference :

1. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, a ...[text shortened]... -8)

Christ decides who falls away. Im not sure your drug user example is applicable here.
    I would differ you are not pointing out what the Bible says, you are quoting scripture and
    putting your twist on it, which does not always line up with the scripture you have been
    quoting. For example the verse you are quoting here, you use it quite a bit but you take
    the verse and place your own spin on it, changing what the text is to something different.

Please note that this verse does not say if you sin after you were enlighten and have
    tasted the heavenly gift, it says if they fall away! The falling away is leaving their place
    with God, it happens when people stopped following Jesus not if they stumble and
    commit a sin. Jesus told us how many times we need to forgive others daily, but as you
    are describing this verse Jesus is not practicing what He preached.

We are not given permission to sin, but God's grace is given for all sin, Jesus was made
    sin for us not just some of our sins. If we turn away, there is no hope, but stumbling isn't
    turning away if you repent and turn and continue to follow God in your life.

1. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. (Heb 6:4-8)
  7. setlagole
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 09:35
    Thank you. I had to read your post 3 times I eventually got your point.
  8. setlagole
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 09:37
    Thank you.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 10:00
    Originally posted by Tshotsho Khalapa
    Thank you. I had to read your post 3 times I eventually got your point.
    Its easier to know who you are talking to if you include the post you are replying to.
    Just a heads up.
    Glad your here.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 11:01
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I would differ you are not pointing out what the Bible says, you are quoting scripture and
    putting your twist on it, which does not always line up with the scripture you have been
    quoting. For example the verse you are quoting here, you use it quite a bit but you take
    the verse and place your own spin on it, changing what the text is to something diff ...[text shortened]... thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. (Heb 6:4-8)
    I did not change anything or put any spin.

There are Christians who fall away. And there are consequences to that.

That is all.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 11:06
    I did not change anything or put any spin.

There are Christians who fall away. And there are consequences to that.

That is all.
    "- that Christ died for the PAST SINS of the world [not all] "

You used that scripture to justify this didn't you?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 11:261 edit

You would do well to take your time and read this carefully a few times. Paul is telling the Christians in Galatia about their life in Christ. It is definitely not about escaping the consequences of sin because Christ died for them. The consequences of sin is a very serious matter for all people especially for Christians. Here are the main points:
    - Christ has made them free of the Law of Moses and washed them clean
    - that liberty in Christ cannot be used to satisfy the flesh [sin]
    - the Spirit [righteousness] is contrary to the flesh [sin]
    - those who continue with a fleshly life will not inherit the Kingdom of God
    - God is not a fool .. those who live in the Spirit [live righteously] will get everlasting life and those who live in the flesh [live in sin] will reap corruption.

Paul is addressing Christians here .. those who are baptised into Christ:

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be. And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For every man shall bear his own burden. Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Gal 5:1-6:8)
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 11:40
    "- that Christ died for the PAST SINS of the world [not all] "

You used that scripture to justify this didn't you?
    DId not the Bible say that?
    Did not the Bible say that if you accept Christ and then fall away then there are consequences and that Christ would not die for you again, and that there is no more sacrifice for sins.

That means :
    - Christ died so that Christians can start a new life in Christ
    - Christ washed them clean
    - Christ is not going to wash them clean over and over
    - After Christ there is only prayers, and asking for forgiveness and receiving repentance over and over. .. ie there is no more washing clean from Christ
    - And Christ will forgive over and over
    - But the bible is clear that this sinning and living in the flesh will lead to damnation

The prevailing doctrine that people like sonship and checkbaiter preach around here is that sinful Christians will be punished but they will still get eternal life and the Bible does not support that. You keep saying that nobody says that, so in that regard you are blind KJ..
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 12:08
    DId not the Bible say that?
    Did not the Bible say that if you accept Christ and then fall away then there are consequences and that Christ would not die for you again, and that there is no more sacrifice for sins.

That means :
    - Christ died so that Christians can start a new life in Christ
    - Christ washed them clean
    - Christ is not going to wash them ...[text shortened]... s not support that. You keep saying that nobody says that, so in that regard you are blind KJ..
    I shared with you about that scripture, what the text is really talking about.
    So have you changed your mind about those that do not have Jesus in their lives could still
    be saved, because of good works since everyone without Christ is living in the flesh?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 12:14
    I shared with you about that scripture, what the text is really talking about.
    So have you changed your mind about those that do not have Jesus in their lives could still
    be saved, because of good works since everyone without Christ is living in the flesh?
    The passage is talking about those who fall away. Those who fall away do so for many reasons. The point is that Christians who fall away will not get eternal life contrary to the doctrine of several posters here.

Im disucssing Christians here, This is not about those who never heard of Christ. Like I said before there are different rules for those people. No my mind did not change.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree