1. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 12:25
    After a discussion with Manny in the thread "Jesus saves VS works", I cant help but notice how so many Christians cherry pick the Bible with the aim of extracting the most favourable doctrine that suits their fancy [or personal situation] which I summarise and paraphrase below:

- I profess I believe in Christ therefore Im saved eternally
    - Not even God can take away my eternal life
    - Christ died for my sins past present and future
    - I have eternal life now
    - My sins are all paid for, and no sin I commit would be held against me
    - I am not saved by works so I dont have to do anything like good works
    - Nobody is righteous and everybody sins and I cannot be perfect so God will impute righteousness to me
    - Christ is sitting as my attorney and will forgive all my sins
    - I am justified by faith so my name is in the book of life
    - I was predestined for Gods Kingdom
    - Anyone that preaches that I have to strive to avoid sin and do good works is taking away my joy and is a legalistic Pharisee [whatever that means]
    - God wants to save me so my sins are covered
    - I love Jesus but I cannot follow his commandments
    - I am now in the Administration of Grace so I dont need to follow Christ commandments .. I am under Grace.

If you are after the truth in the teachings of Christ and Paul you will also see the other side of the coin which I summarise and paraphrase below:

- that Christ died for the PAST SINS of the world [not all]
    - that it is impossible be renewed to repentance some who fall away
    - that if you sin wilfully after knowing the truth there is no more sacrifice for sins
    - that if you have escaped the pollution of the world through a knowledge of Christ you again become entangled and overcome, then it is better if you have not known the way of truth at all than to know and turn from it.
    - that carrying on with sin is putting Christ to shame

According to Paul some Christians :

.. are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things. (Php 3:18-19)

These people's end is destruction. Contrary to claims by many Christians that these Christians will lose their reward [called passing through fire], but still get eternal life.

The whole story is as follows:

- A Christian accepts Christ and is baptised into Christ
    - They have put on Christ meaning they put on the armour of light and put away the things of the world and of the flesh.
    - Christ will judge who has done what is required of them, who has followed his commandments and reward them accordingly when he returns
    - Nobody has eternal life yet, neither is anyone regenerated yet. Even Paul said that he will have to wait on the return of Christ before he is given his crown of righteousness and his new glorious regenerated spiritual body.

For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Php 3:20-21)
  2. setlagole
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 13:05
    What is your point?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 13:34
    Originally posted by Tshotsho Khalapa
    What is your point?
    Are you a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    After a discussion with Manny in the thread "Jesus saves VS works", I cant help but notice how so many Christians cherry pick the Bible with the aim of extracting the most favourable doctrine that suits their fancy [or personal situation] which I summarise and paraphrase below:

- I profess I believe in Christ therefore Im saved eternally
    - Not even God ...[text shortened]... ding to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Php 3:20-21)
    [/b]
    Who has been saying these things?,
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:041 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Just off the top of my head:

- I profess I believe in Christ therefore Im saved eternally [SONSHIP]
    - Not even God can take away my eternal life [SONSHIP AND CHECKBAITER]
    - Christ died for my sins past present and future [MANNY & CHECKBAITER]
    - I have eternal life now [CHECKBAITER]
    - My sins are all paid for, and no sin I commit would be held against me [MANNY AND JOSEPHW]
    - I am not saved by works so I dont have to do anything like good works [MANNY]
    - Nobody is righteous and everybody sins and I cannot be perfect so God will impute righteousness to me [MANNY AND JOSEPHW]
    - Christ is sitting as my attorney and will forgive all my sins [MANNY]
    - I am justified by faith so my name is in the book of life [RBHILL]
    - I was predestined for Gods Kingdom [RBHILL]
    - Anyone that preaches that I have to strive to avoid sin and do good works is taking away my joy and is a legalistic Pharisee [whatever that means] [MANNY
    - God wants to save me so my sins are covered [MANNY]
    - I love Jesus but I cannot follow his commandments [SONSHIP]
    - I am now in the Administration of Grace so I dont need to follow Christ commandments .. I am under Grace. [CHECKBAITER]

I have to say KJ .. you have a hell of a poor memory.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:10
    Just off the top of my head:

- I profess I believe in Christ therefore Im saved eternally [SONSHIP]
    - Not even God can take away my eternal life [SONSHIP AND CHECKBAITER]
    - Christ died for my sins past present and future [MANNY & CHECKBAITER]
    - I have eternal life now [CHECKBAITER]
    - My sins are all paid for, ...[text shortened]... ts .. I am under Grace. [CHECKBAITER]

I have to say KJ .. you have a hell of a poor memory.
    I was concern you were putting some of that on me, which I didn't see. I typically don't
    follow other people's conversations that much so the ones you are having with others
    are yours not mine.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:13
    What is your point?
    He doesn't like cherry pickers
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:14
    The voices in Rajk's head.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:16
    I was concern you were putting some of that on me, which I didn't see. I typically don't
    follow other people's conversations that much so the ones you are having with others
    are yours not mine.
    Neither do I follow many of the other threads but you must have an idea what Christians generally believe.
  10. setlagole
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:17
    I am a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ. Your points seem to create some confusion in my mind.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:18
    I am a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ. Your points seem to create some confusion in my mind.
    You want me to ask for details or are you going to spell it out voluntarily?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:21
    Welcome to the forum by the way.

Brace yourself.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:21
    You want me to ask for details or are you going to spell it out voluntarily?
    He's new, give the guy a break you slavering works doer

😛
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He's new, give the guy a break you slavering works doer

😛
    If he is a JW or a believer in eternal torment in hell, or no-such-thing-as marital-rape doctrine .. I hope you give him a break as well 😀
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:261 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Welcome to the forum by the way.

Brace yourself.
    Yes welcome to the Spirituality Forum, Tshotsho Khalapa.. [where is my manners]? 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree