1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:40
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If he is a JW or a believer in eternal torment in hell, or no-such-thing-as marital-rape doctrine .. I hope you give him a break as well 😀
    Don't be daft.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:24
    Neither do I follow many of the other threads but you must have an idea what Christians generally believe.
    I have an idea, but the ideas I have are not always correct I don't like putting words in others
    mouths, because I can be wrong. We typically will spell out what we think given enough
    time.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He doesn't like cherry pickers
    No, I will go so far as to say that he doesn't like people not agreeing with his faulty interpretation of scripture. To him, we're all "infidels" because we think he's wrong.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:35
    Neither do I follow many of the other threads but you must have an idea what Christians generally believe.
    And to you, every single one of them is wrong, and you are right.

This is why I maintain that you are a hypocrite when you say "Follow Jesus!!!" and you can't even do so yourself.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:36
    After a discussion with Manny in the thread "Jesus saves VS works", I cant help but notice how so many Christians cherry pick the Bible with the aim of extracting the most favourable doctrine that suits their fancy [or personal situation] which I summarise and paraphrase below:

- I profess I believe in Christ therefore Im saved eternally
    - Not even God ...[text shortened]... ding to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Php 3:20-21)
    [/b]
    - that if you sin wilfully after knowing the truth there is no more sacrifice for sins

Let's use the example of a drug user. Are you saying that if a drug user comes to Jesus and slips up and uses again after he confessed his sins is now doomed? Even if he repents once again? Please clarify.

Wouldn't that be a tough pill to swallow. I imagine there is not one who has not sinned once coming to the knowledge. I would like to understand your point more on this, thanks.
  6. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    - that if you sin wilfully after knowing the truth there is no more sacrifice for sins

Let's use the example of a drug user. Are you saying that if a drug user comes to Jesus and slips up and uses again after he confessed his sins is now doomed? Even if he repents once again? Please clarify.

Wouldn't that be a tough pill to swallow. ...[text shortened]... inned once coming to the knowledge. I would like to understand your point more on this, thanks.
    I hate swallowing pills.
    Stick to the crack pipe.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:49

Wouldn't that be a tough pill to swallow. ...[text shortened]... inned once coming to the knowledge. I would like to understand your point more on this, thanks.
    Is taking drugs a sin? Never knew that.

In any event I cannot comment on what Christ would do? I am just pointing out what the bible says.

Is this the reference :

1. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. (Heb 6:4-8)

Christ decides who falls away. Im not sure your drug user example is applicable here.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:55
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    I hate swallowing pills.
    Stick to the crack pipe.
    that is strange capin.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:58
    In the US crack, cocaine, meth, heroin are all illegal. Are you saying that if an addict is delivered from any one or all of these drugs through repentance and slips up and uses again, he has sinned and thus cannot be forgiven again?

Would using these drugs in the US constitute a sin?
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:03
    Is taking drugs a sin? Never knew that.

In any event I cannot comment on what Christ would do? I am just pointing out what the bible says.

Is this the reference :

1. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, a ...[text shortened]... -8)

Christ decides who falls away. Im not sure your drug user example is applicable here.
    Who could be left? Have you ever sinned once you came to the knowledge?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:04
    In the US crack, cocaine, meth, heroin are all illegal. Are you saying that if an addict is delivered from any one or all of these drugs through repentance and slips up and uses again, he has sinned and thus cannot be forgiven again?

Would using these drugs in the US constitute a sin?
    No in my opinion
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:05
    Who could be left? Have you ever sinned once you came to the knowledge?
    I do not respond to questions of a personal nature, and I respect your privacy enough not to ask you questions of personal nature.

Can you just discuss the bible without getting personal?
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:12
    I do not respond to questions of a personal nature, and I respect your privacy enough not to ask you questions of personal nature.

Can you just discuss the bible without getting personal?
    How about this, let's look at it this way. Can a man repent and come to Jesus, and then fall into sin again... then repent again of the same sins and then be free for good and have eternal life?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:17
    How about this, let's look at it this way. Can a man repent and come to Jesus, and then fall into sin again... then repent again of the same sins and then be free for good and have eternal life?
    Christ decides that, but the Bible is very clear.. Christ does not like that.

I cannot decide on what Christ would do. I don't understand why you keep asking the same thing. Is the bible not clear?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:28
    What is your interpretation of these passages?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree