Energy for billions in hell for trillions of years?

Energy for billions in hell for trillions of years?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wi

Wales

Moves
16 Jan 16

Originally posted by RJHinds
I quoted the KJV just above and before the NASB. 😏
You did not quote it as it says in the KJV

The KJV states at Micah 5:2 about Christ "who's origin is from of old from anciant days.

I explained to you that a priest wrote a book and he changed the words of Micah 5:2 from Jesus originated from anciant days to Jesus came from everlasting.

You are trying to tell me that the KJV says Jesus came from everlasting when it dont say that in the KJV

Sort it out!
Explain why you are changing what it says in the Bible KJV
Thanks

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jan 16

Okay, Welsh Invader, I do see some English versions of Micah 5:2 which render the passage merely to say this One's days are of long ago.

In the same Bible Hub which includes faithfully these renderings it also has a commentary below about the phrase:

goings forth … from everlasting—The plain antithesis of this clause, to "come forth out of thee" (from Beth-lehem), shows that the eternal generation of the Son is meant. The terms convey the strongest assertion of infinite duration of which the Hebrew language is capable (compare Ps 90:2; Pr 8:22, 23; Joh 1:1). Messiah's generation as man coming forth unto God to do His will on earth is from Beth-lehem; but as Son of God, His goings forth are from everlasting.

As the Gospel of John was written in Greek I am not sure why this author included it in a list of Hebrew passages. It is probably because the author is saying John's passage is based upon his Hebrew understanding of the other Old Testament verses.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jan 16

Originally posted by Welsh invader

The KJV states at Micah 5:2 about Christ "who's origin is from of old from anciant days.

I explained to you that a priest wrote a book and he changed the words of Micah 5:2 from Jesus originated from anciant days to Jesus came from everlasting.

You are trying to tell me that the KJV says Jesus came ...[text shortened]... t in the KJV

Sort it out!
Thanks
Micah 5:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Micah+5%3A2&version=KJV

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jan 16

You are trying to tell me that the KJV says Jesus came ...[text shortened]... t in the KJV

Sort it out!
Thanks

2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Wi

Wales

Moves
16 Jan 16

You are saying that in recent years the Bastrado Priests have now changed the KJV of the Bible.

You do realise that God hates people like you more than he dislikes non believers
Non believers are proper people honest etc
But people like you are things that live under the floor boards
You dirty filthy rotten thing yuck!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jan 16
2 edits

The footnote on Micah 5:2 in the Recovery Version is very helpful.

This verse prophesies concerning the incarnation of Christ in Bethlehem (Matt. 2:4-6; Luke 2:4-7). Although Christ came forth from Bethlehem, His goings forth were from ancient times, from the days of eternity. This refers to Christ's eternal origin and indicates that in eternity, before the creation of the earth, Christ was preparing to come forth. Christ's appearing, His manifestation, began in eternity. From ancient times, from the days of eternity, the Triune God was preparing to come forth out of eternity into time, to come with His divinity into humanity by being born in Bethlehem as a man. His creating of all things was His preparation for Him to come out of eternity into time. This was the purpose of creation. Then, while the "locusts" were operating to consume Israel (Joel 1:4; 2:25), Christ came forth.

cont. below.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jan 16

You are saying that in recent years the Bastrado Priests have now changed the KJV of the Bible.

You do realise that God hates people like you more than he dislikes non believers
Non believers are proper people honest etc
But people like you are things that live under the floor boards
You dirty filthy rotten thing yuck!
I don't know anything about Bastrado Priests. However, i have a KJV that was given to me as a kid in the early 1950's and it still has the same wording as that. 😏

Wi

Wales

Moves
16 Jan 16

Originally posted by sonship
The footnote on [b]Micah 5:2 in the Recovery Version is very helpful.

This verse prophesies concerning the incarnation of Christ in Bethlehem (Matt. 2:4-6; Luke 2:4-7). Although Christ came forth from Bethlehem, His goings forth were from ancient times, from the days of eternity. This refers to Christ's eternal origin and indicates that in et ...[text shortened]... were operating to consume Israel (Joel 1:4; 2:25), Christ came forth.

cont. below.[/b]
So when the words say in the KJV that Jesus originates from anciant times why do idiots say to me that the KJV states Jesus is of old everlasting.
The scriptue at Micah 5:2 says what it it says
It states Jesus originates from anciant times not from everlasting

Stick with what this scripture says

Wi

Wales

Moves
16 Jan 16
1 edit

RJHinds
is full of rubbish
The KJV does not say what he wants it to say
AMEN😏

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jan 16
1 edit

It is important to realize that Christ's going forth is a CONTINUOUS matter. His appearing is a continuous matter.

At the time of His incarnation He began to come forth. After His incarnation, He continued to go forth through His human living, His death, His resurrection, His ascension, His outpouring of the consummated Spirit (who is the reality of Christ Himself), and His spreading through the preaching of the gospel to the whole inhabited earth.

Christ is therefore still going forth. This going forth was from eternity. But each of the great steps, the great stages of in Christ's manifestation were His further going forth.

If we open our hearts to let Him into our innermost spirit, He will also go forth into our own beings. Then He seeks to go forth into our mind, emotion, and will. Eventually we believers in Christ will be swallowed up in the divine life. He will go forth into our bodies through transfiguration.

We do need a deeper appreciation of Christ's continual going forth. This is actually the Triune God coming out of eternity and dispensing Himself into His people whom He saves.

Wi

Wales

Moves
16 Jan 16

All good etc and soon in few days I hope we can look into this, but why do people say that Micah 5:2 state that Jesus is from Everlasting when it says his origin is from anciant days

Wi

Wales

Moves
16 Jan 16
2 edits

The Protestant Churches do not promote the worship of statues and images. I was raised in a Church of Christ and mainly the Baptist Church and they do not promote the worship of statues and images as you claim. 😏
I bet you worship some sort of object.

Might be a square or a circle but something is there that you worship

Show me in the Bible where it says it is ok to worship an image

Of anything
You must not worship anything other than God and you can do that via his son
Never via saints or bits of stone or wood

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jan 16
1 edit

The scriptue at Micah 5:2 says what it it says
It states Jesus originates from anciant times not from everlasting

Stick with what this scripture says

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Aren't you being selectively dedicated to the rendering you prefer ?

When I touched Christ in my heart I encountered the living God. As Paul writes to the Christians in Rome, they can detect know discernible difference between the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, and Christ Himself.

"But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him. But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you." (Rom. 8:9-11)

This is absolutely a verse on the experience of the Trinity. This is about the Triune God INDWELLING the believers in Christ.

See how Paul moves seamlessly between titles of the One who indwells the believers ?

The Spirit of God = the Spirit of Christ = Christ Himself = the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from among the dead.

The trinity is matter of knowing God through Christ indwelling your heart, actually, in reality, BY the divine life giving Holy Spirit.

This is verse on the Trinity. But it is not a verse on systematic theology as much as a verse on experience and enjoyment of God living in man. So we have to receive Christ into our hearts to know the truth of the Trinity subjectively, experiencially, as our salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jan 16

All good etc and soon in few days I hope we can look into this, but why do people say that Micah 5:2 state that Jesus is from Everlasting when it says his origin is from anciant days
I believe I told you. Here is the commentary again on the Hebrew expression there in Micah 5:2

The terms convey the strongest assertion of infinite duration of which the Hebrew language is capable (compare Ps 90:2; Pr 8:22, 23; Joh 1:1 ). Messiah's generation as man coming forth unto God to do His will on earth is from Beth-lehem; but as Son of God, His goings forth are from everlasting.

My bolding. Are you going to make me repeat everything previously written about this ?

Wi

Wales

Moves
16 Jan 16

So why do people need to change what a scripture states Micah 5:2
There is no need for people to change the facts of what it says

It says Jesus IS FROM ANCIANT DAYS NOT FROM EVERLASTING
So RJH needs to accept this
then we can look at other scriptures which suround this scripture, but we must not change anything which is set in stone by GOD himself