Eternal suffering?  Or eternal death?

Eternal suffering? Or eternal death?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 May 17

Originally posted by CalJust
Before signing out again, I do owe FMF a reply.

The "babies" that you throw out is the entire larger and immensely satisfying and comforting concept of spirituality in its broadest concept.

Christ (the Cosmic Christ, not Jesus of Nazareth) is far larger than merely Christianity. He appears everywhere and anywhere. But that is a subject not appropriate ...[text shortened]... ect one".

So farewell again, I have enjoyed our infrequent jousts, though.

In peace

CJ
See you again, next time.

Moves
11 May 17

Originally posted by CalJust
In that case I have misjudged you and apologise unreservedly.

Maybe you and I do have more things in common than meets the eye.
Are you going to stay now then?

Moves
11 May 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
I would agree with this. Belief has to be defined properly. Professing belief with your mouth is not sufficient for eternal life otherwise God is mocked. Belief which comes from within includes obedience as Jesus said dozens of times.
Absolutely, you also have to believe in your heart.

Obedience follows as discipleship.

Romans 10.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
He was not speaking of believing in "salvation via atoning sacrifice" which is what is being sold by many Christians.

This is not true.

He was not teaching that forgiveness is an end in itself.
He was not teaching that man has "ARRIVED" at the full plan of God merely because man is forgiven.

Now here definitely Jesus speaks of the redemption of His death that you be saved.

" For this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins. " (Matt. 26:28)

He was speaking of His approaching death - a redemptive death " FOR ... the FORGIVENESS of SINS."

if you do not have "the forgiveness of sins" the wrath of God will be upon you. But in Christ we will be saved through Him from "the wrath".

"Much more then, having been justified in His blood, we will be saved through Him from the wrath." (Rom. 5:9)

It is however not the full accomplishment of God's eternal purpose JUST that man be saved from His judgment.

The next verse 10 underscores that having been saved from the wrath by justification, we will much more be saved in the whole realm of Christ living in us - "saved in His life"

The following verse:

" For if we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled." (v.10)

This marvelous passage was written by the Apostle Paul while he walked on the earth - pioneering and trail blazing for the church a way in the experience of the resurrected Christ.

T

Moves
21 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
Belief.

Your view of this word requires actions, a concept that makes you unpopular.

In our past discussions, you provided scripture where Jesus demands that we follow, or keep His words.

These discussions, along with the Bible verses has made me re-think what that term "belief in Jesus" really means, because it could certainly then, modify what John 3:16 is actually saying.
Your view of this word requires actions, a concept that makes you unpopular.

Actually what's "unpopular" is Jesus' view of what "belief" / "belief in Him" entails.

When Jesus spoke of "belief in Him" while He walked the Earth it was:
1) Belief that He was speaking the will of God
2) Belief in those words in and of themselves.
Belief that results in not only following His word, but KEEPing His word.

He was not speaking of believing in "salvation via atoning sacrifice" which is what is being sold by many Christians.

If you carefully consider the words He spoke while He walked the Earth as a whole, this is abundantly clear. You should really read those words. The reason that you find Christianity nonsensical is that those words do not serve as its foundation.

T

Moves
21 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship

This is not true.

He was not teaching that forgiveness is an end in itself.
He was not teaching that man has "ARRIVED" at the full plan of God merely because man is forgiven.

Now here definitely Jesus speaks of t ...[text shortened]... - pioneering and trail blazing for the church a way in the experience of the resurrected Christ.
This is not true.

Tell you what. Make your best case that Jesus' view of "belief" / "belief in Him" entails believing in "salvation via atoning sacrifice". To be clear, demonstrate this using the words He spoke while He walked the Earth - and, yes, once again this means prior to His crucifixion.

Also to be clear, the following is what you are claiming to be "not true":
When Jesus spoke of "belief in Him" while He walked the Earth it was:
1) Belief that He was speaking the will of God
2) Belief in those words in and of themselves.
Belief that results in not only following His word, but KEEPing His word.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
21 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay...
Bottom line take away from that verse is fear God over man,...
I was wondering. How do you recognize an enemy.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
I was wondering. How do you recognize an enemy.
Our enemies are not flesh and blood ours are spiritual powers, of darkness. We may have those against us but they are also those Jesus died for, so for Christ sake we should be trying to reach them.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
21 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester]I just asked him a polite, on topic, relevant question...you crazy harpy. Seriously.
Suzianne goes overboard. She is awesome, but confused.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
22 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Our enemies are not flesh and blood ours are spiritual powers, of darkness. We may have those against us but they are also those Jesus died for, so for Christ sake we should be trying to reach them.
No, that was a flaky answer. Your thought process isn't anchored.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
22 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
`
Your new avatar. I don't like change, except sometimes.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 May 17

No, that was a flaky answer. Your thought process isn't anchored.
I don't care how you receive my answer, it is what it is.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
22 May 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
Reality depends on the bible? You have that backwards.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
22 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay]I don't care how you receive my answer, it is what it is.[
I admire your strength, Kelly. Please remember to be kind.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 May 17
2 edits

I admire your strength, Kelly. Please remember to be kind.
Yep