1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 21:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Paul deals with that dilemma at great length in Romans. God would not judge you for actions which you are not aware are sins. In fact the Amazon rain forest people will fall into this category described here:

For it is not by hearing the Law that people are put right with God, but by doing what the Law commands. The Gentiles do not have the Law; but wh ...[text shortened]... since their thoughts sometimes accuse them and sometimes defend them. (Romans 2:13-15 GNB)
    I agree this scripture touches on how they will be judged, but I fear that
    we are still our own worst enemies. Where we fall short by our own
    standards is still us falling short.
    Kelly
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 21:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I agree this scripture touches on how they will be judged, but I fear that
    we are still our own worst enemies. Where we fall short by our own
    standards is still us falling short.
    Kelly
    Christ will judge all men. Even those in the days of Noah. Those in the remotest parts of the Earth. All will be judged. We dont need to know how and who falls short. The Bible is clear .. all will be judged whether or not they know of the Law of Moses or the Law of Christ. Every man has the knowledge of good and evil and every man's conscience will guide him as to what is right and just and true. Christ knows the heart of man. We are not to decide who falls short and who does not.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 22:52
    Christ will judge all men. Even those in the days of Noah. Those in the remotest parts of the Earth. All will be judged. We dont need to know how and who falls short. The Bible is clear .. all will be judged whether or not they know of the Law of Moses or the Law of Christ. Every man has the knowledge of good and evil and every man\'s conscience will guide hi ...[text shortened]... and true. Christ knows the heart of man. We are not to decide who falls short and who does not.
    I agree with you, it isn't my judgment, but Christ that matters.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 00:20
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    how can you call him a just god when he offers these people who have never come across christianity 'little to no hope'. its not their fault, its his for not sending word to them. it sounds to me like you consider christians to be better than everybody else. that your existence is more meaningful.
    James also tells us that we will be judged according to our knowledge and what we do with that knowledge. For example:

Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment. For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body as well.

And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell.

(James 1:1-2, 6 NASB)

So it appears to me that all men will be judged fairly, because the Holy Spirit is able to search the intent of our hearts (inner being).

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 01:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just as an aside, how can a god, some omnipotent being, be either male or female? Being either one indicates there is another of the opposite sex and that in fact it would need sex to reproduce. Why would an omnipotent god need to reproduce? It is presumably older than our universe.
    I don't think the nonsense we hear from many religious folks about who or what god is is evidence there is not an intelligent designer of the universe. I would ask that if there is a creator, then what makes us think we are the end product of his creation? We could only be transitional.
  6. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 11:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    James also tells us that we will be judged according to our knowledge and what we do with that knowledge. For example:

[b]Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment. For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body ...[text shortened]... ause the Holy Spirit is able to search the intent of our hearts (inner being).

The Instructor
    So it appears to me that all men will be judged fairly, because the Holy Spirit is able to search the intent of our hearts (inner being).

Well in that case I, and the vast majority of the population of the planet, will do fine in your afterlife.

I'm not sure if it is entirely relevant but I rather like this graphic:
    pic.twitter.com/qv1SMx8qeW

--- Penguin.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 12:01
    Originally posted by Penguin
    [b]So it appears to me that all men will be judged fairly, because the Holy Spirit is able to search the intent of our hearts (inner being).

Well in that case I, and the vast majority of the population of the planet, will do fine in your afterlife.

--- Penguin.[/b]
    Now if you are without sin, then you don't need a Savior. I know that I need a Savior.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  8. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 18:39
    Now if you are without sin, then you don't need a Savior. I know that I need a Savior.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    Well if I have no belief in your particular god, then my concept of 'sin' will be unrelated to your god's rules and my 'heart' can be 'pure' even if I have disobeyed some of your god's rules.

--- Penguin
  9. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 18:401 edit
    [b]So it appears to me that all men will be judged fairly, because the Holy Spirit is able to search the intent of our hearts (inner being).

--- Penguin.[/b]

Actually, that image is very relevant to the thread since the fact that there are so many religions is entirely due to the lack of evidence for any particular god (or any god at all for that matter)

--- Penguin
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 19:28
    The problem with this is that it subverts the claim that you will be judged fairly. What use is justice and fair judgement if some of the convicted felons will simply bribe the jailor and get off scot free after the trial? Justice is not just in the court room, it extends to the complete sentence.
    If you need a saviour, and have a saviour, then your claim of fair judgment is false.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 04:43
    Well if I have no belief in your particular god, then my concept of 'sin' will be unrelated to your god's rules and my 'heart' can be 'pure' even if I have disobeyed some of your god's rules.

--- Penguin
    Well, I believe there is only one God. But you are free to pick any of the other so-called gods and take your chances.

The Instructor.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 04:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The problem with this is that it subverts the claim that you will be judged fairly. What use is justice and fair judgement if some of the convicted felons will simply bribe the jailor and get off scot free after the trial? Justice is not just in the court room, it extends to the complete sentence.
    If you need a saviour, and have a saviour, then your claim of fair judgment is false.
    The Savior is available to all that will believe and put their faith in Him. I see nothing unfair about that.

The Instructor
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 11:06
    The Savior is available to all that will believe and put their faith in Him. I see nothing unfair about that.

The Instructor
    You and your religion are so full of shyte you don't even know which way is up any more. No JC coming back in 2000 years? No matter, we just wait another 2000, nobody comes back then either? Wait another 2000 years, and so forth to the time when the last human takes it's last breath.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 11:32
    Paul deals with that dilemma at great length in Romans. God would not judge you for actions which you are not aware are sins. In fact the Amazon rain forest people will fall into this category described here:

For it is not by hearing the Law that people are put right with God, but by doing what the Law commands. The Gentiles do not have the Law; but wh ...[text shortened]... since their thoughts sometimes accuse them and sometimes defend them. (Romans 2:13-15 GNB)
    Thanks. That clears it up.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 11:58

The Instructor
    The very concept of a saviour is a subversion of justice. That you cannot see that is only because you have your hands firmly over your eyes. I did explain it to you, and you did not ask for clarification. You do not want to see it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree