1. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 11:092 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How about the fulfilled prophecies from the Holy Bible and especially those within the last century. They began in 1948 with the establishment of a nation in one day with a pure language. I am not sure the Hebrew language of Israel is a pure language or not. But it may be. If so, it fulfills a prophecy from the Holy Bible. That is evidence of God.

I ...[text shortened]... her religion that can point to something like this as proof of their religion.

The Instructor
    I have dealt with prophecies above. Many religions make claims that prophecies in their religious texts have been fulfilled.

As for the Turin Shroud, you think that Christianity is the only religion that has relics which its followers claim are imbued with mystical/inexplicable/supernatural characteristics and/or significance?

Think again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relic

(And you can't even demonstrate it is contemporaneous with Jesus Christ or that it even depicts Jesus Christ and not some other person who was crucified)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You can either have your millions of Christians in Africa, or you can have your happy Christians. You can't have both. 🙂
    Nonsense. We can have both - a growing number of believers on the five continents including Africa and a good number entering into joy unspeakable and full of glory.

YouTube
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 11:531 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Nonsense. We can have [b]both - a growing number of believers on the five continents including Africa and a good number entering into joy unspeakable and full of glory.[/b]
    You clearly have never visited Africa. I also notice your change from 'millions' to 'a good number', and 'Africa' to 'five continents including Africa'. Dishonest much.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 11:58
    You clearly have never visited Africa.
    I don't have to have visited Africa. I may get there one day.

In the mean time I know Africans, Sorry. And I know of churches in Africa in Lagos, in Pretoria, in Uganda, in Accra.

No need to play your Africa Expert card on us. We know of brothers and sisters in Africa and we know the Gospel is growing there. And we know not everyone who believes into Christ is as lost as you.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 12:176 edits
    You clearly have never visited Africa. I also notice your change from 'millions' to 'a good number', and 'Africa' to 'five continents including Africa'. Dishonest much.
    Quote me where I changed millions to a good number. The two references were in relation to two things.

1.) The existence of Christians.

2.) Christians experiencing joy unspeakable and full of glory.

Nice try.

I do not know personally all Christians in my own country. Those whom I know, a good number of them, I can speak on behalf of.

I did not say it is the average experience for millions of Christians to be in great joy. I meant it is the normal experience that they should. What is average may not be normal.

Why should I put forth the average as the standard. I put forth the normal which is the standard?

As for dishonesty. I think you have been lying to yourself for most of your life. Look in the mirror if you want to deal with some dishonesty.

Wishful thinking wolfgang. On your part mere wishful thinking.

How can we have dreary lives who enjoy God ?
    "Joy unspeakable and full of glory!"

Nonsense. We can have both - a growing number of believers on the five continents including Africa and a good number entering into joy unspeakable and full of glory.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 12:312 edits
    You can either have your millions of Christians in Africa, or you can have your happy Christians. You can't have both. 🙂
    Fact - millions of Christians on the African continent.

Fact - the number is growing fast.

Fact - a good number are experiencing great joy and glorifying God.

I want to be like them - "imitators of those who are inheriting the promises."

We do not have to take so seriously one disgruntled African perhaps wanting to claim the whole continent for atheism. - "Misery loves company."
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 22:062 edits
    On God does not conflict with the laws of physics.
    On laws by themselves create nothing.
    On Cosmic Bootstrapping.
    On Scientists speaking nonsensicals.
    On "where did God come from?"

YouTube
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 00:06
    Originally posted by sonship
    Fact - millions of Christians on the African continent.

Fact - the number is growing fast.

Fact - a good number are experiencing great joy and glorifying God.

I want to be like them - [b]"imitators of those who are inheriting the promises."

We do not have to take so seriously one disgruntled African perhaps wanting to claim the whole continent for atheism. - "Misery loves company."[/b]
    What importance do you give to growing Christianity in the third world?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 01:14
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Here's an interesting thought - if several "followers of another god" claimed the same evidence for the existence of "their god", how about the likelihood that all their gods in the final analysis are the same?

Your challenge seems to me to be for one particular group of "believers" to provide evidence to you for the existence of a very specific, exclusiv ...[text shortened]... have to be the case.

The latter would be, for me at least, the more useful challenge.
    Just as an aside, how can a god, some omnipotent being, be either male or female? Being either one indicates there is another of the opposite sex and that in fact it would need sex to reproduce. Why would an omnipotent god need to reproduce? It is presumably older than our universe.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 04:13
    Why I believe in a creator (God)
    Mathematical probability and the fine tuning of the universe and it's forces that if some of these were just a slight bit different we would not exist. Even scientist who look truthfully see this even if they don't believe in a personal God. The bible when looked at honestly is a very unique book among books for many reasons. Man being a religious being by nature.
    From the personal God has answered some of my prayers no doubt. The list goes on but many just simply will not believe

Manny
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 04:42
    Laws of the universe support the existence of God.

YouTube

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 04:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just as an aside, how can a god, some omnipotent being, be either male or female? Being either one indicates there is another of the opposite sex and that in fact it would need sex to reproduce. Why would an omnipotent god need to reproduce? It is presumably older than our universe.
    God's will.

The Instructor
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 06:442 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What importance do you give to growing Christianity in the third world?
    My sense of importance is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ be preached in all the world, to every creature under heaven. Where ever this glorious truth goes is wonderful.

I do not primarily think about first world or second world of third world. I think of the gospel going to all the world PERIOD.

Notice that I said "the gospel" not every possible thing done under the banner of "Christianity". The gospel is essentially a living Person - Jesus.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 01:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God's will.
    [fixed]God swill[/fixed]
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 03:01
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I have dealt with prophecies above. Many religions make claims that prophecies in their religious texts have been fulfilled.

As for the Turin Shroud, you think that Christianity is the only religion that has relics which its followers claim are imbued with mystical/inexplicable/supernatural characteristics and/or significance?

Think again.

ht ...[text shortened]... Jesus Christ or that it even depicts Jesus Christ and not some other person who was crucified)
    Evidence for the Burial and Resurrection of Jesus (Shroud of Turin)

YouTube

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree