1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 19:23
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Not asking you about what I believe.
    I'm asking if you can accept any evidence for God?
    What I believe rests just with me.
    I'm sure "God" could mean something else to one over the another, for
    example some used to worship the sun, others pieces of wood, you can
    see the sun and handle the wood.
    The sun and wood would be what I suppose gods, which are different than
    God.
    Kelly
    Not asking you about what I believe. I'm asking if you can accept any evidence for God?

And I was just saying that depends on which/what kind of “god” someone (you or anyone else) means.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 21:26
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]Not asking you about what I believe. I'm asking if you can accept any evidence for God?

And I was just saying that depends on which/what kind of “god” someone (you or anyone else) means.[/b]
    I wasn't really asking about any specific God, I left it generic on purpose.
    As I left the evidence question open ended as well, I really wasn't looking
    for people to debate what they thought about each other's evidence, for
    that can be a very personal thing, what one may see another could reject
    and that does not stop the person who sees it as evidence as having some
    thing real for them right in front of them while another disagrees.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 23:45
    Do you believe there is any evidence for God?

I'm not asking for evidence, I just want to know if anything is acceptable
    to you!
    Kelly
    Beehive. Ant colony.

They behave in a way beyond any ant or bee can behave. I wonder if there may be tribal minds just as science admits that hive and colony minds may exist.
  4. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 00:34
    Do you believe there is any evidence for God?
    absolutely not. there wouldn't be any reason for such a thing to exist. you must have faith - that is the whole point.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 04:18
    Originally posted by empovsun
    absolutely not. there wouldn't be any reason for such a thing to exist. you must have faith - that is the whole point.
    This just shows that you have been deceived. All you have to do is to honestly use your intelligence to see through the deception. Then you will have reason to believe in God.

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 05:342 edits
    kalam cosmological argument

YouTube
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 08:07
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    kalam cosmological argument

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COJ0ED1mV7s
    What stands in the way of a hardened atheist believing in God is that he does not want to believe, and therefore he will use his intelligence in a dishonest way in order to make up excuses for not believing, no matter how ridiculous the excuse.

The Instructor
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 08:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What stands in the way of a hardened atheist believing in God is that he does not want to believe, and therefore he will use his intelligence in a dishonest way in order to make up excuses for not believing, no matter how ridiculous the excuse.

The Instructor
    "What causes the hardened christian to believe in God is that he wants to believe, and therefore he will use his intelligence in a dishonest way in order to make up excuses for believing, no matter how ridiculous the excuse."

fixed.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '13 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]"What causes the hardened christian to believe in God is that he wants to believe, and therefore he will use his intelligence in a dishonest way in order to make up excuses for believing, no matter how ridiculous the excuse."

fixed.[/b]
    What is the evidence? Who is being honest?

YouTube

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 15:31
    Originally posted by empovsun
    You don't think accepting anything or even rejecting anything is a matter
    of faith too? You have to believe something means what you think it does
    for it to either be meaningful one way or another.
    Kelly
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Aug '13 14:36

The Instructor
    No, the atheist does not want to believe in OR reject the concept of a god.

The atheist goes with the best available evidence which for now is zero evidence in favor of some kind of god.

That is not to say the atheist rules out the possibility of a god, just the probability seems extremely low there is one.

One think I can with extreme confidence:

There is no such thing as the 'bible god'. That is hockum made up by men thousands of years ago to control other men. Pure and simple.

For instance, if a god designed us, surely that god would know there are limits to reproduction and right now we are on the verge of population collapse because of over population, using up about half the planets resources already. So that means maximum we can have only about 15 billion people on the planet and any kind of stress on our civilization would result in billions of people starving and dying from rampant diseases like in the dark ages.

Given all that, why would your god design us to reproduce like rabbits?

Why wouldn't it have made us with a defense against over population?

Since you think we are created, why would that be?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Aug '13 20:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse

The atheist goes with the best available evidence which for now is zero evidence in favor of some kind of god.

That is not to say the atheist rules out the possibility of a god, just the probability seems extremely low there is one.

One think I can with extreme confidence ...[text shortened]... with a defense against over population?

So you are predisposed to reject anything in favor of some natural way
    to explain things outside of God or gods being responsible?
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '13 22:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse

One think I can with extreme confidence ...[text shortened]... with a defense against over population?

The probability is even lower that the heavens, the earth, the waters, and life forms on the Earth came into existence any way other than by an intelligent designer and creator that we Christans call God or Christ, who claims to have done it.

The Instructor
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 01:10
    The probability is even lower that the heavens, the earth, the waters, and life forms on the Earth came into existence any way other than by an intelligent designer and creator that we Christans call God or Christ, who claims to have done it.

The Instructor
    Ah, so you are admitting there is a probability that the universe, the Earth and life here could have come from natural forces not needing a deity. Good to know that.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Aug '13 01:121 edit
    So you are predisposed to reject anything in favor of some natural way
    to explain things outside of God or gods being responsible?
    Kelly
    Don't you think it would be a stupid irresponsible god to have designed humans in such a way as to reproduce like rabbits now approaching 8 billion? And another doubling would tax the resources of the entire planet? Your alleged infinite power god would have seen the results of its creation from day one to today and couldn't help noticing how we are screwing up the ENTIRE planet.

Pretty dumb design. Explain how an infinitely powerful omniscient god would have allowed that to happen.

And for this god to have been like totally involved with a few tribes in the desert 3000 years ago but a no show ever since?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree