Evolution

Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by RatX
We meet again, Beavis! I notice those magic-mushrooms still haven't worn off...
What does it matter what a coward that uses multiple accounts like you says, try and be a man instead of a punk.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Sep 05

My thread is being hijacked. At least I'm getting a chuckle.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Halitose
is dat your disowned sister?

LOL i type like I descended from da apes

R

Hamelin: RAT-free

Moves
17 Sep 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
dendrology and carbon dating overlaid with classic archaeological chronologies and references to later histories. (ie, the usual way)
Unfortunately, usually wrong... Carbon dating comes up with more contradicting evidences than the Soviet Economic strategies for catatonix. Carbon14 levels have not equalized - throwing off C14 dates everywhere! I could spend hours more on the forums trying to explain logic, but that is not my point and purpose for being here...

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by frogstomp
is dat your disowned sister?

LOL i type like I descended from da apes
Nope. Not-quite the conventional type of logic which is supposed to run in the family.

Edit: That typing thing must be catching.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
17 Sep 05

Mental note: always carry laughing gas when flying as a remedy for possible hijacking.

R

Hamelin: RAT-free

Moves
17 Sep 05

Bah! Witless Philistines!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
17 Sep 05

Bah! Witless Philistines!
Go yap in the general forum; I'll yap along with you. You have nothing to contribute to this thread.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Sep 05

well back to random mutation.

Where this is going is toward an evironmentally induced mutation, which epigenetic changes can enter and make a part of the species viable and allowing it to survive long enough for the eventual genetic mutation.
That's in only one area whereas; the rest of the species, having not been exposed to this change would remain the same.
At some point the dna structure would become so different as to prevent reproduction between the two now different species.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Sep 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Mental note: always carry laughing gas when flying as a remedy for possible hijacking.
LOL

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Sep 05

LOL
are you getting ready to join the 21st century?

a

Meddling with things

Moves
17 Sep 05

I'm here for the mere pleasure of exterminating rats - unfortunately, they tough little, uh... wot are the forum regulations again?
There appears to be a new rule: thou shall not poke fun at the god-botherers

a

Meddling with things

Moves
17 Sep 05

Unfortunately, usually wrong... Carbon dating comes up with more contradicting evidences than the Soviet Economic strategies for catatonix. Carbon14 levels have not equalized - throwing off C14 dates everywhere! I could spend hours more on the forums trying to explain logic, but that is not my point and purpose for being here...
you're behind the times. Why don't you go away and play some chess. Come back when you've moved a piece or two

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Sep 05

well back to random mutation.

Where this is going is toward an evironmentally induced mutation, which epigenetic changes can enter and make a part of the species viable and allowing it to survive long enough for the eventual genetic mutation.
That's in only one area whereas; the rest of the species, having ...[text shortened]... become so different as to prevent reproduction between the two now different species.

Okay. Is there any way of quantifying epigenetic change. So I can work it into the equation.

That's in only one area whereas; the rest of the species, having not been exposed to this change would remain the same.
At some point the dna structure would become so different as to prevent reproduction between the two now different species.

Okay.

Aside: It seems like there is some genetic barrier which prevents our current evolving populations from evolving to a different order.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Sep 05

are you getting ready to join the 21st century?
H$ck! I am in the 21st century. I concede my current environment is rather bucolic. (Not RHP).