1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 16:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I can tell by your comment that you did not read those scriptures and get their meaning.

If someone killed your wife and by all things they say and promise you, they will also kill the rest of your family and kill you too, why would you do as you say we should do and forgive and let them come into your house and live with you?
    Just an example but read those scriptures and then think about this question.......
    No, let's focus on the real issue; that of becoming an ex-JW. Not killing my wife, your wife nor babies in the street. Just leaving the JW organisation. Do you equate leaving your organisation with the killing of spouses?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 16:44
    Originally posted by menace71
    While I'm conflicted with the JW's doctrinally but imagine if mainstream Western Christianity had the same zeal as the JW's do? (I know I'm stereotyping a bit here) but R.C. does have a point about for example the Church down the street when have they ever come and knocked on my door? It's in my neighborhood I can walk to them. I've had JW's knock here seve ...[text shortened]... I don't open to spare them and myself arguing LOL but it's case and point.

Manny
    As has been explained and shown by scripture, we are doing a couple diffrent things by going to all the doors we can earthwide. First is the obvious, we are doing just as Jesus did and told us all to do. Matt 24th and 28th chapters.
    The accomplishment that we hope to happen is the education that we share from the Bible and in turn we hope that "seed" we plant finds a good heart and then Jehovah makes it grow within their hearts. Most churches do not do this spiritual seeeding work that we are told to do.
    It's a really simple process but one that is needed to find those people looking for a better future and one that they will learn how to spiritually and physically survive. And then have a chance to go thru that "narrow gate" to life.
    The Bible says this, not something we're making up.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 16:46
    As has been explained and shown by scripture, we are doing a couple diffrent things by going to all the doors we can earthwide. First is the obvious, we are doing just as Jesus did and told us all to do. Matt 24th and 28th chapters.
    The accomplishment that we hope to happen is the education that we share from the Bible and in turn we hope that "seed" w ...[text shortened]... go thru that "narrow gate" to life.
    The Bible says this, not something we're making up.
    Every church I've been involved with has done regular door to door work, telling people of the Gospel. Every one.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, let's focus on the real issue; that of becoming an ex-JW. Not killing my wife, your wife nor babies in the street. Just leaving the JW organisation. Do you equate leaving your organisation with the killing of spouses?
    The issue is the example I just gave. Lets focus on that issue.
    We view our life as in the same danger in the end result of someone wanting to kill us. Not physically in the example I gave but spiritually and that would in turn greatly jeopardize our life in the future if we allow ourselves to be influanced by someone who has turned their back on Jehovah.
    It is such a serious offence by God that it carried a death penilty at one time.
    So we are to remain clean spiritually and would refuse to associate with one who has turned against our God.
    Not our idea but a command for God in the Bible............
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:04
    Every church I've been involved with has done regular door to door work, telling people of the Gospel. Every one.
    Oh really? Who exactly are they as I've never had my door knocked on except once by two Morman kids.
    I've lived in at least 10 different states, I'm 55 years old and have never even seen anyone from any church out going door to door except the rare Mormon. So please explain this phenomenom to me.....
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:05
    Originally posted by menace71
    If a person could do just as you have said they are truly living by the words of Christ

Manny
    Is this a question or a statement?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:09
    Oh really? Who exactly are they as I've never had my door knocked on except once by two Morman kids. I've lived in at least 10 different states, I'm 55 years old and have never even seen anyone from any church out going door to door except the rare Mormon. So please explain this phenomenom to me.....
    Do you really expect me to reply to this?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:13
    Do you really expect me to reply to this?
    Yes I do as I know that does NOT exist.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:16
    The issue is the example I just gave. Lets focus on that issue.
    We view our life as in the same danger in the end result of someone wanting to kill us. Not physically in the example I gave but spiritually and that would in turn greatly jeopardize our life in the future if we allow ourselves to be influanced by someone who has turned their back on Jehov ...[text shortened]... one who has turned against our God. Not our idea but a command for God in the Bible............
    No... let's focus on my OP which is about your organisation ostracising and "shunning" people just for leaving it, and calling them "mentally diseased". You however are making it even worse by equating that freedom of personal choice, to someone murdering your spouse which is in itself a disturbing revelation of your own mindset Galveston, not to mention the governing body of your cult organisation.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:17
    Yes I do as I know that does NOT exist.
    What does not exist?? Every church I've been a member of has worked door to door. I live in ENGLAND not AMERICA. Hello...
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:22
    What does not exist?? Every church I've been a member of has worked door to door. I live in ENGLAND not AMERICA. Hello...
    I want the name of those churches and as I said I know for a fact they don't go DOOR to DOOR except to ask for $$$.
    Tell me their names so I can check it out and prove to you that no churches do that...
    If you dare?
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:24
    Oh really? Who exactly are they as I've never had my door knocked on except once by two Morman kids.
    I've lived in at least 10 different states, I'm 55 years old and have never even seen anyone from any church out going door to door except the rare Mormon. So please explain this phenomenom to me.....
    Wait, you haven't seen any JW's doing it?! 😛
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:261 edit
    I want the name of those churches and as I said I know for a fact they don't go DOOR to DOOR except to ask for $$$.
    Tell me their names so I can check it out and prove to you that no churches do that...
    If you dare?
    I live 10 minutes walk from a Kingdom Hall, in the (almost) 2 years i have lived here no JW has ever knocked on my door. One once sneaked up and slid a leaflet onto my porch, i was in and the door was open but he didn't say hello. A few weeks ago i had two non-denominational Christians knock on my door for a chat.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:311 edit
    If you dare?
    Elim and Assemblies of God. Check it out, and thanks for calling me a liar!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:32
    No... let's focus on my OP which is about your organisation ostracising and "shunning" people just for leaving it, and calling them "mentally diseased". You however are making it even worse by equating that freedom of personal choice, to someone murdering your spouse which is in itself a disturbing revelation of your own mindset Galveston, not to mention the governing body of your cult organisation.
    Feel free to comment on this post Galveston...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree