Ex JWs are mentaly diseased ...?

Ex JWs are mentaly diseased ...?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Apr 12
6 edits

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Only a complete Baffoon would offer ME! the bible as evidence to argue that splitting up a family is ok, it is coercion, and those that promulgate such policies i.e your glorious 'leaders' are demonstrating the height of ignorance and the way you and Gman(lol) have responded to divegeester on this issue tells all I will ever need to Know about your 'Organization'.
actually he was offering you evidence of why disfellowshiping is a scriptural
requirement, which you ignorantly assumed originated with our organisation and
continue to ignorantly assume is an edict of our leaders, when in fact it Biblical.

You might do better if you reads, assimilate and try to understand things from someone
else's perspective other than your own, its termed empathy and is akin to
understanding, you are not the most important person in the world, the world does not
revolve around you and your opinions have no relevance to anyone but you so please
try to remember this in future when you offer them up as some kind of validation for
your prejudices.

Look at your loathing and disdain, is that really the best you have to offer, is that
really the type of person you want to be? Is it not a fool that is determined to make
the world a little colder and here you are talking of buffoons, ironic really,
considering. Do you form all your values from internet forum's? Indeed what other
values have you formed from internet forum's? Do tell.

and just for the record i haven't responded to any of his posts providing further
evidence of the absurdity of your claims, dear oh dear.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually he was offering you evidence of why disfellowshiping is a scriptural
requirement, which you ignorantly assumed originated with our organisation and
continue to ignorantly assume is an edict of our leaders, when in fact it Biblical.

You might do better if you reads, assimilate and try to understand things from someone
else's perspect ...[text shortened]... emember this in future when you offer them up as some kind of validation for
your prejudices.
I am not assuming anything, I am witnessing ignorant home breakers justifying their deeds by quoting passages from a book written by men a very long time ago, those passages were aimed at controlling the target audience then and they still are.

Whether you like it or not the tactics of your organization stink of cultism, as does your ignorant and abusive response to any post that questions or challenges the dictates of your leadership. face it, you are a cult member, and do not have the guts to admit it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 12

You might do better if you reads, assimilate and try to understand things from someone else's perspective other than your own, its termed empathy and is akin to understanding...
Excellent advice; but rather ironic coming as it does from a member of an organisation which forbids it's members from reading material which is anti the organisation or contrary to the governing body's doctrines and teachings.

rc

Moves
30 Apr 12
1 edit

I am not assuming anything, I am witnessing ignorant home breakers justifying their deeds by quoting passages from a book written by men a very long time ago, those passages were aimed at controlling the target audience then and they still are.

Whether you like it or not the tactics of your organization stink of cultism, as does your ignorant and abusiv ...[text shortened]... ctates of your leadership. face it, you are a cult member, and do not have the guts to admit it.
yawn, pointing out the facts is neither ignorant nor abusive.

We did not originate the teaching, you erroneously assumed and stated that its
because of our leaders policy, here are your words, again,

'and those that promulgate such policies i.e your glorious 'leaders'' - kevcvs57

when in fact its not, so either you knowingly posted this which makes it a lie or you
ignorantly assumed it despite being presented with the Biblical evidence to the
contrary, or you simply ignored that evidence and are as ignorant now as when it
was posted. Which is it kevcvs57?

Which other values have you formed from an internet forum, just out of interest?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Apr 12
2 edits

Whether you like it or not the tactics of your organization stink of cultism, as does your ignorant and abusiv ...[text shortened]... and do not have the guts to admit it.

A true representative of Satan in our midst it seems.
You don't have a single shred of knowledge on this subject....

"The wise king warns of where knowledge is not to be found. “Go away from in front of the stupid man,” he says, “for you will certainly not take note of the lips of knowledge.” (Proverbs 14:7) A stupid person lacks true knowledge. Lips that utter knowledge do not belong to him. The advice is to get away from such a man, and it is wise to stay away from him. Anyone “having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.”—Proverbs 13:20.

A true representative of satan himself it seems.

rc

Moves
30 Apr 12

Originally posted by galveston75

"The wise king warns of where knowledge is not to be found. “Go away from in front of the stupid man,” he says, “for you will certainly not take note of the lips of knowledge.” (Proverbs 14:7) A stupid person lacks true knowledge. Lips that utter knowledge do not belong to him. The a ...[text shortened]... away from him. Anyone “having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.”—Proverbs 13:20.
dude he ignored, in fact they all have to the person, the Biblical principles that you
posted, that's why they keep making these absurd and quite frankly ignorant
assertions. If it wasn't so serious they would be in for a serious roasting.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 12
2 edits

dude he ignored, in fact they all have to the person, the Biblical principles that you
posted, that's why they keep making these absurd and quite frankly ignorant
assertions. If it wasn't so serious they would be in for a serious roasting.
It has been acknowledged in this thread that 'dis-fellowshiping' is indeed Biblical.

What is still under scrutiny is the position of the JW organisation to regard those who simply leave the organisation as "turning the backs on Jehovah" (as Galveston said in this thread), to also be regarded as "apostates", to be shunned by their own family and classified as "mentally diseased" by the remaining membership.

These questions have not been answered in any way that is comprehensible to the external observer.

rc

Moves
30 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75

"The wise king warns of where knowledge is not to be found. “Go away from in front of the stupid man,” he says, “for you will certainly not take note of the lips of knowledge.” (Proverbs 14:7) A stupid person lacks true knowledge. Lips that utter knowledge do not belong to him. The a ...[text shortened]... id ones will fare badly.”—Proverbs 13:20.

A true representative of satan himself it seems.
the counsel is to go away from the stupid one for he will certainly not take note of the
lips of knowledge, ok, Proverbs 14:7, gotcha!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 12

the counsel is to go away from the stupid one for he will certainly not take note of the
lips of knowledge, ok, Proverbs 14:7, gotcha!
When you make comments like this, it appears as though you either can't or don't want to address the questions to you. If that is the case, why don't you just say so instead of trying to hide behind these scriptures?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 12

*tumble-weed...

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Apr 12

Originally posted by divegeester
It has been acknowledged in this thread that 'dis-fellowshiping' is indeed Biblical.

What is still under scrutiny is the position of the JW organisation to regard those who simply leave the organisation as "turning the backs on Jehovah" (as Galveston said in this thread), to also be regarded as "apostates", to be shunned by their own family and class ...[text shortened]... tions have not been answered in any way that is comprehensible to the external observer.
It is because it's leadership has adopted the tactics of a cult in order to control it's members. The sad truth is that members like Robbie and the 'Gman' are more than happy to act as the leaderships attack dogs, and still be stupid enough to use words like empathy.

Lol; have you heard them talking about posters they disagree with, school girls, or what.

rc

Moves
30 Apr 12

It is because it's leadership has adopted the tactics of a cult in order to control it's members. The sad truth is that members like Robbie and the 'Gman' are more than happy to act as the leaderships attack dogs, and still be stupid enough to use words like empathy.

Lol; have you heard them talking about posters they disagree with, school girls, or what.
what other values have you gleaned from an internet forum? You did after all say it
was enough for you to form your opinion of us and here you are talking about being
controlled, you deserve to be mocked!

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Apr 12

what other values have you gleaned from an internet forum? You did after all say it
was enough for you to form your opinion of us and here you are talking about being
controlled, you deserve to be mocked!
I am forming of my opinion of you, from you, and what you say, how else would you have me form an opinion of you. You are a member of an organization that labels those who incur its wrath as 'mentally deceased' and commands their family and friends to ostracize them. Now if you believe that someone is mentally deceased/ill you cannot give that order and claim to possess a shred of humanity/empathy or feelings of 'fellowship', in the real world.

As an organization you need to be called on it and all the accusations of ignorance, and lack of empathy aimed at those who do the calling just confirm the moral bankruptcy of your stance.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Apr 12

I am forming of my opinion of you, from you, and what you say, how else would you have me form an opinion of you. You are a member of an organization that labels those who incur its wrath as 'mentally deceased' and commands their family and friends to ostracize them. Now if you believe that someone is mentally deceased/ill you cannot give that order and cla ...[text shortened]... empathy aimed at those who do the calling just confirm the moral bankruptcy of your stance.
What you don't get and the picture you are painting is so completely wrong and it shows by your comments. Your only seeing "one side" of the story and a wise person might just realize that in any given situation there are two side, so think on that as your spouting off and condemning something you do not know anything about.
Every situation that happens in our congregations is different just as in any case that goes before a situation to be judged in a court of law. And as most that are found gulilty of some offence against society, they react in a way that is usually resentful and if a congregation of elders after much research and deliberation with one that is not repentant of a "gross sin" sees the need in removing that person, sometimes they get resentful and post their thoughts on the internet. Whatever lead them to that sin and then not showing repentance opens them up to the influance of Satan and his demons and hence the attacks back to the Watchtower Society and it's congregations.
And for your info there is NO wrath incurred on anyone anywhere at anytime. No congregation ever wants to lose anyone by disfellowshipping them whether you believe it or not. That is only done as a completly last resort.
Maybe you just might learn something new today if you even care........

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Apr 12

Originally posted by divegeester

What is still under scrutiny is the position of the JW organisation to regard those who simply leave the organisation as "turning the backs on Jehovah" (as Galveston said in this thread), to also be regarded as "apostates", to be shunned by their own family and class ...[text shortened]... tions have not been answered in any way that is comprehensible to the external observer.
Well thanks for realizing that a congregation does indeed have to disfellowship if needed but it is only a last resort. I have had both my son and daughter disfellowshipped many years ago and of course it not only hurt our family but it brought great pain to the elders that were involved. We all have great love for one another and it hurt them greatly as we consider all to be our family.
BUT it was a punishment that was needed and as a result the hoped for results did happen as with anyone who understands the wrong they did and accepts the correction and does what is needed to be reinstated back into the congregation.
When that happend it was an extrememly joyous time for all in the congregation and obviously for me and the rest of my family.
To be punished by God by way of the congregation is a true show of love as opposed to no actions being taken and letting that person not only have a bad influance on the congregation but it also corrects a course of action that will destroy their relationship with God.

Your other question is pretty simple. If someone just comes in to visit our meetings for a while to see what we teach and believe but decides it's not for them, they are welcome to go their own way and would be welcomed back at a latter time if they did decide to show more interest.

But if one did study and eventually get baptized which would be an oath to God to live their life in a way that he expects and to follow the Bibles council and to dedicate their life to serve him, but then later decides to walk away and have nothing to do with Jehovah anymore, that would be considered an action that we cannot be a part of.

2 John 1:9-11
Good News Translation (GNT)

9 Anyone who does not stay with the teaching of Christ, but goes beyond it, does not have God. Whoever does stay with the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 So then, if some come to you who do not bring this teaching, do not welcome them in your homes; do not even say, Peace be with you.
11 For anyone who wishes them peace becomes their partner in the evil things they do.

This is not mentioning a disfellowshipped person as of this point yet. But it no doubt would lead to this person being disfellowshipped eventually.