1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I live 10 minutes walk from a Kingdom Hall, in the (almost) 2 years i have lived here no JW has ever knocked on my door. One once sneaked up and slid a leaflet onto my porch, i was in and the door was open but he didn't say hello. A few weeks ago i had two non-denominational Christians knock on my door for a chat.
    I live within 5 miles of 2 Kingdom Halls; it's been 10 years since either has called on my door.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No... let's focus on my OP which is about your organisation ostracising and "shunning" people just for leaving it, and calling them "mentally diseased". You however are making it even worse by equating that freedom of personal choice, to someone murdering your spouse which is in itself a disturbing revelation of your own mindset Galveston, not to mention the governing body of your cult organisation.
    Surely these kind of control methods qualify the JWs as a cult rather than a Christian denomination.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:35
    I live within 5 miles of 2 Kingdom Halls; it's been 10 years since either has called on my door.
    Perhaps they know you are an apostate?! 🙂
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:44
    Perhaps they know you are an apostate?! 🙂
    Bingo....Lol
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 19:00
    No... let's focus on my OP which is about your organisation ostracising and "shunning" people just for leaving it, and calling them "mentally diseased". You however are making it even worse by equating that freedom of personal choice, to someone murdering your spouse which is in itself a disturbing revelation of your own mindset Galveston, not to mention the governing body of your cult organisation.
    Feel free to comment on this post Galveston...
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 19:01
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Bingo....Lol
    I think you're missing his point.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 19:01
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Surely these kind of control methods qualify the JWs as a cult rather than a Christian denomination.
    Is that what you think?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 19:02
    Elim and Assemblies of God. Check it out, and thanks for calling me a liar!
    Any news on your research Galveston...??
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 19:06
    Watchtower July 2011
    "Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contact with someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease, you would know what the doctor means, and you would strictly heed his warning. Well, apostates are 'mentally diseased', and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings."

I am wondering if our regula ...[text shortened]... ent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/war-of-words-breaks-out-among-jehovahs-witnesses-2361448.html
    It can be argued that we are all mentally diseased. But I refuse to argue the point. 😉
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 19:09
    Originally posted by JS357
    It can be argued that we are all mentally diseased. But I refuse to argue the point. 😉
    I don't see how that could be argued, but I'm open to your views.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 19:37
    I live 10 minutes walk from a Kingdom Hall, in the (almost) 2 years i have lived here no JW has ever knocked on my door. One once sneaked up and slid a leaflet onto my porch, i was in and the door was open but he didn't say hello. A few weeks ago i had two non-denominational Christians knock on my door for a chat.
    Funny, they gave me the leaflet treatment, too. Too afraid to ring doorbells anymore?!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 20:53
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Funny, they gave me the leaflet treatment, too. Too afraid to ring doorbells anymore?!
    not so, we had to reach as many people as possible with invitations to the memorial of
    Christ's death, have you ever considered that you might not be worthy? After all, the
    preaching and teaching of the good news is under angelic direction 🙂

(Revelation 14:6)  And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting
    good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, . . .
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 20:542 edits
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    perhaps if you addressed any of the Biblical principles that the Gman posted you would
    not have uttered such a thoroughly ignorant statement. Clearly the charity
    commission of the United Kingdom doesn't agree with your assessment but then again,
    they are only professionals with years of experience.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 21:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    not so, we had to reach as many people as possible with invitations to the memorial of
    Christ's death, have you ever considered that you might not be worthy? After all, the
    preaching and teaching of the good news is under angelic direction 🙂

(Revelation 14:6)  And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting
    good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, . . .
    You'd think the angel could have told them not to waste a flyer on my house if I was unworthy. 🙂
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 21:05
    Originally posted by JS357
    Actually the scriptures term such individuals as mentally diseased,

(1 Timothy 6:2-5) . . .Keep on teaching these things and giving these exhortations.
     If any man teaches other doctrine and does not assent to healthful words, those of
    our Lord Jesus Christ, nor to the teaching that accords with godly devotion,  he is
    puffed up [with pride], not understanding anything, but being mentally diseased
    over questionings and debates about words
    . From these things spring envy,
    strife, abusive speeches, wicked suspicions,  violent disputes about trifles on the
    part of men corrupted in mind and despoiled of the truth, thinking that godly
    devotion is a means of gain.

In what sense they are mentally diseased i cannot say without some research, it
    sounds though as a kind of self delusion, later termed, corrupted in mind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree