1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 14:49
    @galveston75 said
    I have. If you don't appreciate it that's fine. But I asked you an honest question and that was what would you accept as proof about God really existing?
    Example: If you were to land on a planet, lets say Mars and you were from some other planet from way out there. You knew nothing of planet earth and of humans.
    But as you were exploring Mars you happened to come ac ...[text shortened]... lore along those lines and see what you might discover about God and you'll find that he does exist.
    Simply because one does not know the origin of something is not proof of a god.
    It only proves you do not know.
    Another extraordinary proof fail.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 15:00
    @galveston75 said

So you see this equipment sitting around on the planet and you would no doubt have many questions, like who made this stuff? Fair question right? Surely all of this equipment had to have someone design it and construct it for some purpose, right? Or could it somehow have just had the wind over hundreds of
    thousands of years put itself together from just random wind bl ...[text shortened]... lore along those lines and see what you might discover about God and you'll find that he does exist.
    No. Life is not similar to equipment. Equipment had designers; we know that because we designed equipment. In the case of life, it's an assumption, not a proof, of design. An assumption lacking evidence.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 17:02
    @moonbus said
    No. Life is not similar to equipment. Equipment had designers; we know that because we designed equipment. In the case of life, it's an assumption, not a proof, of design. An assumption lacking evidence.
    Oh please really lacking evidence, you think that the genetic code is due to happenstance not a mind? Show anything remotely more complex than life’s genetics or the processes by which life is both started maintained? The evidence is so overwhelming only the willfully blind can miss it. Even Dawkins acknowledges life looks design but he refuses to acknowledge what he sees! You have no excuse! Nothing we make, or write comes close and we have been studying this for years and it is still BEYOND us.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 18:081 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Oh please really lacking evidence, you think that the genetic code is due to happenstance not a mind? Show anything remotely more complex than life’s genetics or the processes by which life is both started maintained? The evidence is so overwhelming only the willfully blind can miss it. Even Dawkins acknowledges life looks design but he refuses to acknowledge what he sees! Y ...[text shortened]... ng we make, or write comes close and we have been studying this for years and it is still BEYOND us.
    Studying it for years you say? Billions of years?
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 18:26
    @kellyjay said
    Oh please really lacking evidence, you think that the genetic code is due to happenstance not a mind? Show anything remotely more complex than life’s genetics or the processes by which life is both started maintained? The evidence is so overwhelming only the willfully blind can miss it. Even Dawkins acknowledges life looks design but he refuses to acknowledge what he sees! Y ...[text shortened]... ng we make, or write comes close and we have been studying this for years and it is still BEYOND us.
    Let me repeat, not knowing something is NOT evidence of an god or gods.
    Only the willfully ignorant does not understand that.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 19:341 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Studying it for years you say? Billions of years?
    You can have a laugh, but that really is all you can do. Adam and Eve, I believe a Miracle where God made them. You believe a natural process but you cannot come up with the string of events that have to get you there.

Where did everything come from, God did it, or something else happened. What no one knows call it a miracle without God I guess. How did life start, God did it, or something else happened. What no one knows call it a miracle without God. God created Adam and Eve, or trillions of other things occurred. What no one knows, call them all trillions of miracles without God.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 19:42
    @caissad4 said
    Let me repeat, not knowing something is NOT evidence of an god or gods.
    Only the willfully ignorant does not understand that.
    Knowing functional information comes from a mind is evidence when you look at the scope of the universe and life.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 21:16
    @kellyjay said
    You can have a laugh, but that really is all you can do. Adam and Eve, I believe a Miracle where God made them. You believe a natural process but you cannot come up with the string of events that have to get you there.

Where did everything come from, God did it, or something else happened. What no one knows call it a miracle without God I guess. How did life start, God d ...[text shortened]... llions of other things occurred. What no one knows, call them all trillions of miracles without God.
    What is not 'beyond us' is to study the fossil and other evidence which shows us with overwhelming clarity that other hominid species existed before Homo Sapiens. Lots of them, actually, and our own species interbred with Neanderthals, so most of us are partly Neanderthal. The chances of something dying in conditions in which it will be fossilized or preserved are extremely remote, and the chances of us finding it thousands or millions of years later are even remoter, so of course this is not yet a complete historical record, but fossil and other evidence is nevertheless there for us to see and study in abundance, so there is your 'string of events' which led to your Adam and Eve, although we are still missing bits of string.
    There is also overwhelming evidence that life began in a simple way and became ever more complex. This is because we now know how to date rocks, (it's the carbon, you know) and simpler life forms are found in older rocks, and more complex life forms are found in newer rocks; simple, really.
    Of course, two + thousand years ago people writing the scriptures knew less than we now know, so it isn't their fault, but science and the world have moved on since then, and some of us are moving with it.
    Had we as a species said 'Oh that's beyond us, god must have done it' we would still be banging the intellectual rocks together. Science doesn't yet have all the answers as any scientist will tell you, (religion by the way has none of the answers, only blind faith) but the quest for knowledge and understanding continues, and how anybody cannot realize or acknowledge this is beyond me. (Pun intended)
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 21:32
    @kellyjay said
    You make the same mistake all creationists make, assuming that random chance or intelligent design are the only two options. False dichotomy. This has been explained over and over in other threads, with links to technical literature in abundance, and you still don’t get it. No point in rehashing it now.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 21:32
    @kellyjay said

Where did everything come from, God did it, or something else happened. What no one knows call it a miracle without God I guess. How did life start, God d ...[text shortened]... llions of other things occurred. What no one knows, call them all trillions of miracles without God.
    That is a personal delusion.
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 21:34
    @kellyjay said
    Knowing functional information comes from a mind is evidence when you look at the scope of the universe and life.
    What is it evidence for ?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 22:39
    @indonesia-phil said
    What is not 'beyond us' is to study the fossil and other evidence which shows us with overwhelming clarity that other hominid species existed before Homo Sapiens. Lots of them, actually, and our own species interbred with Neanderthals, so most of us are partly Neanderthal. The chances of something dying in conditions in which it will be fossilized or preserved are extr ...[text shortened]... rstanding continues, and how anybody cannot realize or acknowledge this is beyond me. (Pun intended)
    What do the fossils show you, seriously, someone looks at one and dates it and they say these lived during this time period and those lived during that time period. So why are we seeing that? If the changes are really slow why would lifeforms appear fully formed and disappear and others pop up during other time periods? Seems rather abrupt if you ask me, and if gradual changes were a reality where are all of the similar lifeforms today with mixes of ape and human appearances as well as all other related species? The sudden disappearances and appearances in time do not seem to validate slow changes in evolution do they, or do they in your learned opinion?

The processes that produced all life is not something we can test for, we cannot even say what the conditions were, what was required, what kept it going once it started, and the list goes on. Gaps, the evolutionary view is the belief system of the gaps, they have to lay claim that millions of years ago these things occurred, but we cannot produce proof for them, but some lovely just so stories.

A little while back someone asked me to read up on a fossil find, the fossils were supposed to be a human ancestor. The fossils were not found intact forming a creature instead they were pieces that were found in an area. So they were put together and called a human ancestor, even though the fossils could have been from several creatures none of which were human or had anything to do with one another. Which can be true for many fossil finds throughout history.

Many of the "millions of years ago" evidence are like that, cannot prove them wrong because you know "millions of years ago" so it must be true.

Now getting back to Adam and Eve without God, explain the process from right after life began, I will give you a few free miracles to not even bother with, such as where did everything come from, and how life began. Just start where there is a single cell creature which is asexual and talk us through with your just so story how it could have happen without God.

You are not missing bits, but mountains of questions are unanswered here.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 22:41
    @caissad4 said
    What is it evidence for ?
    That someone who could control all the material and forces in the universe to produce life using information to start it and maintain it, is someone who much smarter than we are.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 23:00
    @caissad4 said
    Simply because one does not know the origin of something is not proof of a god.
    It only proves you do not know.
    Another extraordinary proof fail.
    So you can't answer my question? Why is that?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 23:13
    @moonbus said
    So you are saying a tractor is more difficult to design then a human? If it is, could you in just a few words describe how we could have evolved seeing how there is
    ( 0 ) proof of that? And you are the evidence. Try making a human or do an easy one like a cell.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree