Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
24 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
That someone who could control all the material and forces in the universe to produce life using information to start it and maintain it, is someone who much smarter than we are.
Please present your extraordinary proof for your extraordinary claim.
Control of all material and forces may or may not be a superior intelligence.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
24 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
So you can't answer my question? Why is that?
I am still waiting to see your extraordinary proof for your extra ordinary claims.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
24 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
So you are saying a tractor is more difficult to design then a human? If it is, could you in just a few words describe how we could have evolved seeing how there is
( 0 ) proof of that? And you are the evidence. Try making a human or do an easy one like a cell.
Your default reaction to things which you do not know is to proclaim that "goddidit".
What you do not know is what you do not know, not any proof for any god or gods.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Come on Kellyjay, you know it's Bob down in the basement pushing all the on and off buttons of the universe......

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
I am still waiting to see your extraordinary proof for your extra ordinary claims.
I knew you couldn't answer it......

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
24 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
Come on Kellyjay, you know it's Bob down in the basement pushing all the on and off buttons of the universe......
Yet another ignorant goddidit post.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Your default reaction to things which you do not know is to proclaim that "goddidit".
What you do not know is what you do not know, not any proof for any god or gods.
Nope not default at all. And I do know simply by using me eyes, nose, ears and all my other senses that someone much smarter then you made it all.
It just amazes me how so many tiny, tiny little humans think they know so much. I can only imagine how it must either amuse Jehovah or how he has the patience to be taken so lightly by humans who have never even been past the moon and barely even survived that. Wooo Hooo!!!!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Really, may not be a superior intelligence, couple with beyond the pale power too. You find this is a random occurrence so that any moron could do this to the universe.

F

Moves
25 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
It just amazes me how so many tiny, tiny little humans think they know so much.
Aren't you also a "tiny, tiny little human"?

And don't your religious beliefs make you think you "know so much"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jun 19

@moonbus said
You make the same mistake all creationists make, assuming that random chance or intelligent design are the only two options. False dichotomy. This has been explained over and over in other threads, with links to technical literature in abundance, and you still don’t get it. No point in rehashing it now.
Lets just hand you two free miracles, the universe appeared out of nothing, and life started out of dead dirt, and now we have a single sex creature.
a. How does the split occur into 2 sexes?
b. How do all the changes in both sexes happen at that same time keeping pace throughout time with each other so they can still mate and reproduce?
c. How do these changes in two sexes happen for every lifeform that has two sexes and they all not die off due to complications in one alteration not being compatible with the other sex?
d. Why would they want to have sex it isn't like they were programmed too.

You think have something other than ID and chance what are they?

IP

Moves
25 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
What do the fossils show you, seriously, someone looks at one and dates it and they say these lived during this time period and those lived during that time period. So why are we seeing that? If the changes are really slow why would lifeforms appear fully formed and disappear and others pop up during other time periods? Seems rather abrupt if you ask me, and if gradual chang ...[text shortened]... ve happen without God.

You are not missing bits, but mountains of questions are unanswered here.
Yes, that is exactly what the fossil record shows us. As I have already explained, the fossil record is not and cannot be expected to yet be complete, if it ever will be. We can deduce that mass extinctions have occurred during earths' history, one is happening at the moment due to the influence of us 'intelligent' apes. In any case conditions, environments and competition for food change; species become extinct, and new species evolve, that's evolution for you. Some think that the appearance of 'punctuated equilibrium' can be explained by cataclysmic changes in environment, which resulted in new species evolving relatively 'quickly'.

We live for about eighty or so years if we are lucky, so it's hard for us to imagine billions of years, but they happened nonetheless, and it all started with single - cell creatures, which is all that there was for a couple of billion years. Things got quicker after that.

We share about 98 or 99 per cent of our genes with Chimpanzees, us and the chimps are close relatives.

You're right, we can't test for the processes that produced life, we can't say what conditions were or what was required, so we can't say that it didn't happen.
Despite your spurious examples, there is a great deal of evidence for ancient hominids; a hominid cranium is a hominid cranium despite missing the rest of it.

And yes, there are mountains of unanswered questions, but science is attempting to answer them, and religion is not. And as for your somewhat barbed remark about my being 'learned', I don't claim knowledge beyond that which can be observed and studied. You on the other hand claim to 'know' that Adam and Eve (how does anyone know what their names were?) were placed on earth by a god, and where's the evidence for that?

Are you actually denying the existence or meaning of the fossil record in its' entirety?

E

Moves
25 Jun 19

@indonesia-phil said
Yes, that is exactly what the fossil record shows us. As I have already explained, the fossil record is not and cannot be expected to yet be complete, if it ever will be. We can deduce that mass extinctions have occurred during earths' history, one is happening at the moment due to the influence of us 'intelligent' apes. In any case conditions, environments and competi ...[text shortened]... hat?

Are you actually denying the existence or meaning of the fossil record in its' entirety?
You are a true believer.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
25 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
Really, may not be a superior intelligence, couple with beyond the pale power too. You find this is a random occurrence so that any moron could do this to the universe.
Let's try this again.
Just because you admittedly do not know the origin of the universe is NO EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF A GOD OR GODS. Invalid argument. Stupid too.
If you arrive home and find your front yard littered with dead bodies and you have no idea who or what did this, do you then automatically believe that god did it ??
Is everything in your life, which you do not know, automatically judged to be an act of some god or gods ?? I thought that type of ignorance went out with burning and hanging people as witches.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
25 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
Nope not default at all. And I do know simply by using me eyes, nose, ears and all my other senses that someone much smarter then you made it all.
It just amazes me how so many tiny, tiny little humans think they know so much. I can only imagine how it must either amuse Jehovah or how he has the patience to be taken so lightly by humans who have never even been past the moon and barely even survived that. Wooo Hooo!!!!
This comes from a cult (JW's) which will watch their own children die rather that give them a transfusion. You are a bunch of sickies.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jun 19

@indonesia-phil said
Yes, that is exactly what the fossil record shows us. As I have already explained, the fossil record is not and cannot be expected to yet be complete, if it ever will be. We can deduce that mass extinctions have occurred during earths' history, one is happening at the moment due to the influence of us 'intelligent' apes. In any case conditions, environments and competi ...[text shortened]... hat?

So you have evidence of gaps and you fill them out putting your faith and trust in the what you think you should see, not in what you do.