Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Why would it be even remotely important what anti-science, anti-evolutionists purport to think ? Scientific history shows that your hypothetical premise of every transitional fossil creating more "missing links" is not realistic. It sounds like that old math problem , "If you have a penny and double it every day etc, etc".
Evolution is science, religion is an substantiated belief.
Cool answer:

RECIPE FOR EVOLUTION

"Go find a `pool’ (a population, a whole bunch) of things that are alike. (eg - a species of plant or animal… or a bunch of inventions, or stories, or whatever).

Choose 2 of these things, at random.

Now - take parts of both things, and combine them - to arrive at a (new) whole thing. (Throw the spare parts away - or use them as fertilizer, who really cares). But make sure the thing can still `mate’ (combine with other units).

Now toss the new thing, back into the pool (the population) and let the pool keep going about its business. (Living, mating, sleeping, whatever)
Watch what happens.

Keep doing all this (starting at Step 1, above).

Note if any of the new improved things function better (solve problems better) at surviving and reproducing, than the general populace.

Now and then - throw a flood or a fire or landslide or bad weather or a comet explosion (eg: natural disasters) at the population. (Natural De-selection of those less well adapted to the Environment.) Nobody said an Environment had to be fair. Universes have the right to be uncaring about Life. or even Culture.

Just for fun, Make it so that: some of the new things have likes and dislikes (eg preferences) in who and what they mate with (ie Sexual Selection)

Also, now and then, since you’re smart, choose 2 of the lifeforms you think that have characteristics that would make them better adapted, and breed them (combine 2 of them). (Artificial Selection)

Also now and then pick a few things you like but can’t really explain why, and breed them too. And toss em back in the pool (Unconscious Selection).

Keep doing all this stuff.

Over time, stuff (the populations) will change. And stuff will speciate (split off into new groups).

Also don’t forget to change the Environment now and then. Throw in a few long droughts, and Ice Ages and whatnot. See what survives.

If you really want the model to be close to Evolution, remember that over time 99% of species went extinct. So - crush kill and destroy.
The 1% that survives may not be the `best’ (evolution is a satisficer, not an optimizer) but it’s sure: pretty lucky.

Stop doing this when you get bored. But let the systems run, and come back later just to see what happened lately.

Joe Velikovsky, Evolutionary Systems Theorist (Biology, Culture, Bio-Culture) & Creativity Scholar

IP

Moves
26 Jun 19

@divegeester said
Did I read somewhere that the common housefly shares 90% of its DNA with a Trump supporter?
Or is it the other way around? In any case it's clear that the two are closely related; I would say that the evolutionary divergence was quite recent, maybe last Thursday.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

https://thefederalist.com/2019/04/16/one-third-biologists-now-question-darwinism/

Looks like the old theory is sinking.....

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
And Theists have none, zip, zero and nada for their extraordinary claims.
One week and Theists still have none, zip, zero and nada for their extraordinary claims.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Evolution takes time. Sometimes hundreds of thousands of years. Sometimes more.
Just because you cannot see this happening quickly doesn't mean it is not happening. You are clearly not educated enough to understand since you keep insisting that you need to see this happening before your eyes. You ain't never seen no Jesus but you believe he existed.
The difference is I am not told I would. All of these life forms are things that we should be seeing if the process behaves as described!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
One week and Theists still have none, zip, zero and nada for their extraordinary claims.
Who needs extraordinary when ordinary is enough?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Told ya.

Free will IS important and necessary. That's why there can be no proof.

Proof abolishes free will.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
The difference is I am not told I would. All of these life forms are things that we should be seeing if the process behaves as described!
Did you not read my post ??
Evolution is a slow process. Sometimes taking thousands or millions of years.
Do you not comprehend English ??
Do you have some medical condition which prevents reading comprehension ?
Here is a real surprise to you. Evolution does NOT progress at a speed which you decide it does.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Wow we are so dumb. So sorry!!!!
Oh yeah you still have shown us nada, zero, zipola. How much more time do you need?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
Wow we are so dumb. So sorry!!!!
Oh yeah you still have shown us nada, zero, zipola. How much more time do you need?
You have made an extraordinary claim for the existence of a god or gods.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
Please show your extraordinary proof.
I do not claim to know of the existence of any god or gods.
I do not claim to know of the non-existence of any god or gods.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
You have made an extraordinary claim for the existence of a god or gods.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
Please show your extraordinary proof.
I do not claim to know of the existence of any god or gods.
I do not claim to know of the non-existence of any god or gods.
I'm not asking you to claim you know about God. I'm asking for proof of evolution.

Any reference, article, book, magazine, TV show, comic book or what ever you come up with that proves evolution is more then a "theory", you are welcome to use to show proof.
But here is a simple rule I don't want to see theory's as everyone I've been shown now for 60 years have proved "nothing".
It also cannot contain the words or statements: "we think, we believe, we assume, it could have been, maybe, possibly, could have, we don't know, we don't exactly know, we really are guessing, if, if the right environment, under the right circumstance, etc, etc. You get the point?
So if you show us real hard facts, real proof, not some artist idea of what they think happened kind of silly stuff. I will be more then willing to look at it.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
I'm not asking you to claim you know about God. I'm asking for proof of evolution.

Any reference, article, book, magazine, TV show, comic book or what ever you come up with that proves evolution is more then a "theory", you are welcome to use to show proof.
But here is a simple rule I don't want to see theory's as everyone I've been shown now for 60 years have prov ...[text shortened]... ist idea of what they think happened kind of silly stuff. I will be more then willing to look at it.
Start your own thread about that if you wish.
This thread is about the extraordinary claim for the existence of god or gods.
Do you have any extraordinary proof for the existence of god or gods ?

T

Moves
26 Jun 19

@galveston75 said

But here is a simple rule I don't want to see theory's as everyone I've been shown now for 60 years have prov ...[text shortened]... ist idea of what they think happened kind of silly stuff. I will be more then willing to look at it.
It also cannot contain the words or statements: "we think, we believe, we assume, it could have been, maybe, possibly, could have, we don't know, we don't exactly know, we really are guessing, if, if the right environment, under the right circumstance, etc, etc. You get the point?
So if you show us real hard facts, real proof, not some artist idea of what they think happened kind of silly stuff. I will be more then willing to look at it.

Under those stipulations, what proof do you have that Christian beliefs are true? That JW beliefs are true?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Did you not read my post ??
Evolution is a slow process. Sometimes taking thousands or millions of years.
Do you not comprehend English ??
Do you have some medical condition which prevents reading comprehension ?
Here is a real surprise to you. Evolution does NOT progress at a speed which you decide it does.
I read it and ignored most of it. The speed doesn’t matter if the results show a little bit at a time.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jun 19

@suzianne said
Told ya.

Free will IS important and necessary. That's why there can be no proof.

Proof abolishes free will.
If that were true everyone would have followed Jesus after He raised Lazarus from the dead. Instead they wanted to kill them both!