Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@thinkofone said
[b]It also cannot contain the words or statements: "we think, we believe, we assume, it could have been, maybe, possibly, could have, we don't know, we don't exactly know, we really are guessing, if, if the right environment, under the right circumstance, etc, etc. You get the point?
So if you show us real hard facts, real proof, not some artist idea of what they think h ...[text shortened]... hose stipulations, what proof do you have that Christian beliefs are true? That JW beliefs are true?
Those words are not in the bible when describing whatever the subject is.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
One week and Theists still have none, zip, zero and nada for their extraordinary claims.
https://thefederalist.com/2019/04/16/one-third-biologists-now-question-darwinism/

Looks like the old theory is sinking.....

Why are you not commenting on this and at least trying to defend it? Or do you refuse to even look?
And if I remember you made no comment on the said age of the universe that your scientist say it is, and the way evolution can't work at all because the other said scientist say it would take longer then the age of the universe for evolution to work. You yourself just said in a posting that it would take a long, long, long, long and still longer time for evolution to actually work.
So if it would take longer then the universe is old, what's up with that? Oh yeah it's only a theory, right?
When will it officially be called fact and that silly work "theory" be done away with?

IP

Moves
26 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
Hi. Sorry but your example of all mammals having hearts because of a common ancestor is wrong. We all have hearts because we live on a planet that has gravity and an atmosphere and we all need a heart to keep us alive. It is because of God's wisdom in design that all animals naturally have things in common because we all have to or we could never live on this planet.
If you have proof that the fossil record shows your thoughts on this I'd love to see it.
Hi to you, no, it isn't wrong. Mammals including ourselves have hearts because as you rightly say 'we' as in all mammals, need them, and this is equally true whether your god created them or not, isn't it? We don't need to refer to the fossil record to show that all mammals have hearts.

Do you have anything to say about the science of genetics, by which we can demonstrate that we are more closely related to some species than others?

Moves
26 Jun 19
1 edit

What is evidence but that which is externally visible?

What of the magician, whose subterfuges are necessarily and by design unseen?

What does the general spectator know of the servante?

What does the garden know of the Gardener?

What if there were a lavish but extremely modest Host?

Yes, I know these are just thought-experiments of yet another human who is not really in a position to know, but even partial knowledge is better than less knowledge, or none, just as something is better than nothing, and exploratory surmises are better than a factory flower in a fridge.

And if positing the existence of a Creator or a Cosmic Intelligence means introducing an unnecessary element to the cosmic equation of existence, how is that different from positing a multiverse of infinite false starts with random combinations of fundamental ratios until one stable instance happens to occur and flourish?

T

Moves
26 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
Those words are not in the bible when describing whatever the subject is.
That's not what was being asked as you should well know.

The questions were "What proof do you have that Christian beliefs are true? That JW beliefs are true?".

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@indonesia-phil said
Hi to you, no, it isn't wrong. Mammals including ourselves have hearts because as you rightly say 'we' as in all mammals, need them, and this is equally true whether your god created them or not, isn't it? We don't need to refer to the fossil record to show that all mammals have hearts.

Do you have anything to say about the science of genetics, by which we can demonstrate that we are more closely related to some species than others?
Of course we are going to have many things that animals also have. Noses, eyes, feet, blood, hair, etc, etc.

Nothing about that "theory" proves anything at all but what I said before why wouldn't God use many of the same designs that all life on earth need to live by to survive?

Would he create something that has 40 wings or twenty hearts or has blood that is as hot as lava? If God made wildlife so strange to us that we would never be able to use them for farming or not be edible are just so dangerous to us, that, would be a huge mistake in his designs.

Of course we are going to share many of the same designs just as a car builder will use many of the same features or designs in all their different models of cars. If a design works and does exactly what it was made for, keep using it.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
https://thefederalist.com/2019/04/16/one-third-biologists-now-question-darwinism/

Why are you not commenting on this and at least trying to defend it? Or do you refuse to even look?
And if I remember you made no comment on the said age of the universe that your scientist say it is, and the way evolution can't work at al ...[text shortened]... y, right?
When will it officially be called fact and that silly work "theory" be done away with?
If scientific evidence can be shown I would not be able to disagree, unlike you.
If scientific evidence showed your god existed I would acknowledge it, but would never worship such an inherently evil being.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@galveston75 said

And if I remember you made no comment on the said age of the universe that your scientist say it is, and the way evolution can't work at al ...[text shortened]... y, right?
I await your extraordinary proof for your extraordinary claim.

S. Korea

Moves
26 Jun 19

@indonesia-phil said

This is an interesting topic to me so I am going to jump in a bit...

We are related to other species because we do have bodies that, while they come from God, were designed to live right on this earth just like other animals. We also share a lot of genes with plants.

For instance, we share 60% of our DNA with a banana [1].

So, the fact that we share plenty of our DNA with monkeys is not exactly meaningful.

We are currently typing on computers from diverse locations in the world to discuss complex topics about theology. Monkeys cannot do anything that is even the grossest of mimicry of what we are doing now.

[1] http://www.saps.org.uk/saps-associates/browse-q-and-a/473-how-much-dna-do-plants-share-with-humans-over-99

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Jun 19

@philokalia said
This is an interesting topic to me so I am going to jump in a bit...

We are related to other species because we do have bodies that, while they come from God, were designed to live right on this earth just like other animals. We also share a lot of genes with plants.

For instance, we share 60% of our DNA with a banana [1].

So, the fact that we share ...[text shortened]... /www.saps.org.uk/saps-associates/browse-q-and-a/473-how-much-dna-do-plants-share-with-humans-over-99
That can be also used to make an argument for evolution.

Moves
27 Jun 19
1 edit

@caissad4 said
That can be also used to make an argument for evolution.
My bet is on the God of slow cooking.

S. Korea

Moves
27 Jun 19

And there it is full circle, Cass.

Plenty of people believe in theistic evolution.

I think this is even what the bulk of Catholics believe now.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
27 Jun 19

@philokalia said
And there it is full circle, Cass.

Plenty of people believe in theistic evolution.

I think this is even what the bulk of Catholics believe now.
My first 8 years of school were at a Catholic school . Under John XXIII a Catholic could believe in evolution with the proviso that when evolution produced first humans that was when the soul was imparted.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
My first 8 years of school were at a Catholic school . Under John XXIII a Catholic could believe in evolution with the proviso that when evolution produced first humans that was when the soul was imparted.
Wow. Satan is twisting the truth of God more and more isn't he? The more crap he throws out at humans the more he is diminishing the love of a God that makes it possible for you to be alive on this planet today and then have the nerve to condemn him? Unbelievable that so many have become blind to the simple truth that it is Satan that makes Jehovah look bad and you all accept it.!!! How much farther can humans go from their maker Jehovah? Apparently there is no end to it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
I await your extraordinary proof for your extraordinary claim.
What a waist of time.