Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Scripture is evidence for God, it spells out how the universe looks and why, as well as the predictions in about Christ. It was put together in an way that couldn't be manufactured by deception due to time, distance, and the authors of the 66 books in it. You claimed to have read books about why that isn't true, and you refuse to listen to anything that could dispel that, and you wonder where the evidence is, it is where you refuse to look.
And Harry Potter is proof of the existence of Harry Potter.
And Lord of the Rings is proof of the existence of Gandalf.
And Dr Who is proof of the existence of the Tardis.
And the Koran is proof of the existence of Allah.
Are you seeing the inherent conflict in your statement ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 19
2 edits

@caissad4 said
And Harry Potter is proof of the existence of Harry Potter.
And Lord of the Rings is proof of the existence of Gandalf.
And Dr Who is proof of the existence of the Tardis.
And the Koran is proof of the existence of Allah.
Are you seeing the inherent conflict in your statement ?
No, I can bring up historical documents that add to the validity of historical events. You have people believing Harry, Gandalf, and Dr. Who are real? If so the crowd you run in needs help.

F

Moves
28 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
No, I can bring up historical documents that add to the validity of historical events.
I know what "historical events" means. But what does "the validity of historical events" mean?

F

Moves
28 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
No, I can bring up historical documents that add to the validity of historical events.
What "historical documents" do you have ~ or that you "can bring up" ~ aside from your own religion's texts, that substantiate Christian claims about the historicity of Jesus' divinity?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@fmf said
What "historical documents" do you have ~ or that you "can bring up" ~ aside from your own religion's texts, that substantiate Christian claims about the historicity of Jesus' divinity?
I would like to see some real historical documentation of dead people rising from their graves and walking around Jerusalem. I am sure documentation should exist, unless the dead rising was so mundane as to not merit a mention

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
No, I can bring up historical documents that add to the validity of historical events. You have people believing Harry, Gandalf, and Dr. Who are real? If so the crowd you run in needs help.
Muhammed is a real person.
Does that make the Koran true ?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
I would like to see some real historical documentation of dead people rising from their graves and walking around Jerusalem. I am sure documentation should exist, unless the dead rising was so mundane as to not merit a mention
Really? You know that is not a fair request. First of all to whom it did matter to, who were the Jews and guess what? It is written down. To the Romans who it was something they no doubt would never want to write down because of the ramifications to the rest of their empire.
Just as has been discussed before, the Egyptians would never in your wildest dreams admit in any form that Jehovah and Moses embarrassed the crap out of them.
Your continuing request is not fair and you know it. You are only trying to belittle Jehovah and that is rather stupid on your part.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
As I keep repeating, show your evidence.
Your Wholly Fable book is not evidence.
Figure this one out.

Job 26:7:
7 "He stretches out the northern sky over empty space,
Suspending the earth upon nothing"

How would the writer of this know the earth was hanging on nothing and not sitting on something like some animals back?

Job 38:33: "Do you know the laws governing the heavens,
Or can you impose their authority on the earth?"

Again how would the writer know about the universe and it's order in motion?

Jeremiah 33:25: “This is what Jehovah says: ‘Just as surely as I have established my covenant regarding the day and the night, the laws of heaven and earth,"

Isaiah 40:22: "There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers.
He is stretching out the heavens like a fine gauze,
And he spreads them out like a tent to dwell in."

Circle of the earth? How would he know this? So Still asking how would the writers know this without Jehovah telling them? And would not these simple points not prove that the Author of the Bible, Jehovah is the one behind the Bible sense the humans at that time did not have "Space.com" to refer too?

If you need more proof there is plenty. Just let me know?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
Really? You know that is not a fair request. First of all to whom it did matter to, who were the Jews and guess what? It is written down. To the Romans who it was something they no doubt would never want to write down because of the ramifications to the rest of their empire.
Just as has been discussed before, the Egyptians would never in your wildest dreams admit in an ...[text shortened]... air and you know it. You are only trying to belittle Jehovah and that is rather stupid on your part.
So you are saying it was some great Roman conspiracy is why dead people rising from their grave and walking the streets of Jerusalem was never mentioned anywhere. Is that all you got ?
And, once again, Israeli archaeologists have been searching for any, and I mean any, proof that Moses and/or the Exodus ever occurred . The results of their over 70 year search is that their is no proof that Moses existed and the Exodus ever occurred. It is not that big of a desert I must mention. But the search goes on !

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
Figure this one out.

Job 26:7:
7 "He stretches out the northern sky over empty space,
Suspending the earth upon nothing"

How would the writer of this know the earth was hanging on nothing and not sitting on something like some animals back?

Job 38:33: "Do you know the laws governing the heavens,
Or can you impose their authority on the earth?"

Again h ...[text shortened]... did not have "Space.com" to refer too?

If you need more proof there is plenty. Just let me know?
Once again, using the Bible to prove the Bible is not valid.
You could quote the Koran to prove the Koran and would be just as invalid.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
I use the scriptures to show God is real, if you want reasons to see scripture is real I can produce that. You rejected that earlier when I offered to read some of your text or listen to a presentation if you listen to mine.

So I find your search for truth one that only looks at what confirms your views nothing more! All bluster no true validation! If you don’t want to look at what you disagree with, it is not truth you want, just confirmation you are right and those that disagree with you are wrong.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
Try answering my questions?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
I use the scriptures to show God is real, if you want reasons to see scripture is real I can produce that. You rejected that earlier when I offered to read some of your text or listen to a presentation if you listen to mine.

So I find your search for truth one that only looks at what confirms your views nothing more! All bluster no true validation! If you don’t want to lo ...[text shortened]... t is not truth you want, just confirmation you are right and those that disagree with you are wrong.
Show me your proof. "I'm listening" as Frasier Crane used to say.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@galveston75 said
Try answering my questions?
If your only proof is ignoring what I ask and then acting I have to answer your questions then you still fail to understand the OP.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
If your only proof is ignoring what I ask and then acting I have to answer your questions then you still fail to understand the OP.
Oh OK, I see how your doing it. You only look at proof that fits your opinions or beliefs. So any proof that you don't agree with does not exist.
Don't you think that's being hypocritical?

But I'll give you another chance.

How could those bible writers know about the shape of the earth when up until the days of Columbus when most thought it was flat?
In fact Wiki says that most all major civilizations believed that up until the 17th century.

So again how could those bible writers know it was round???????????????