Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Jul 19

@sonship said
" I love you SO MUCH. So just do whatever you want. Its all good. There is no law in this universe. There's no accounting for anything done."
You believe that even someone who had a hand in gassing 6,000,000 Jews can "repent" and "believe in Jesus" ~ and be "saved" ~ in his dying seconds, right? While most of the Jews he gassed and their offspring - if they reject the religion that you just so happen to profess - face something literally infinitely worse than the Holocaust for their "evil" lack of belief, yes?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
21 Jul 19

@sonship said
@caissad4

Love me or I will torture you forever is the mantra of your god.
Can't you just feel the love dripping from this character.

" I love you SO MUCH. So just do whatever you want. Its all good. There is no law in this universe. There's no accounting for anything done."

Can't you feel the love dripping from this character ?
I am pleased to see you have changed your ideology.
Welcome to the sane side.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
21 Jul 19

@fmf said
You believe that even someone who had a hand in gassing 6,000,000 Jews can "repent" and "believe in Jesus" ~ and be "saved" ~ in his dying seconds, right? While most of the Jews he gassed and their offspring - if they reject the religion that you just so happen to profess - face something literally infinitely worse than the Holocaust for their "evil" lack of belief, yes?
It is interesting to note that if Hitler had "come to the Lord" in his last few moments of life he would be in Heaven with Jesus guy while all the Jews he murdered would be burning in Hell for eternity.
Christian justice is rather warped.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jul 19

@caissad4

I am pleased to see you have changed your ideology.
Welcome to the sane side.

Oh, I haven't changed my belief.

I point out the weakness of your view that Divine Love is infinite permissiveness. You're imagining Barney the Dinosaur perhaps as the Almighty.

It doesn't occur to you that to love righteousness would have as its other side the hatred of unrighteousness.

And it is really hard to find a verse saying God punished because of no love for Him. What I see is His command to believe in the Son of God.

Many of us didn't love God at all very much at first. But we saw Christ, His being and His death for us in His great love. And we believed.

You have a caricature going there " Love Me or I torture you forever ".
That is your caricature, another of your collection of strawman arguments.

You don't read the New Testament and fancy that you are an expert on it. I think you squint barely at a partially opened page, afraid to actually give a single gospel a full reading.

Like Luke or even the short book of Mark.
I think you are not going to open up a NT to see what is really there because you feel more comfortably justified to rid God from your mind with caricatures and strawman idols for protection of your soul from His love, mercy, and yes, necessary authority.

F

Moves
21 Jul 19

@sonship said
It doesn't occur to you that to love righteousness would have as its other side the hatred of unrighteousness.
By "unrighteousness" you mean lack of belief, right? You believe that NOT having the same beliefs as you is "unrighteousness" and deserves the "hatred" of the God figure you believe in, yes?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19
1 edit

@proper-knob said
@KellyJay

What on earth does this mean?

Small changes over time don't produce fully developed lifeforms that spring up then disappear in one time period, and other completely different lifeforms spring up and disappear in other time periods.

Examples if you will please.
You disagree with small changes over time? Are you of the opinion that there are huge leaps in appearance and physical characteristics?

You need to see examples of life showing up in different times?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
21 Jul 19

@sonship said
I point out the weakness of your view that Divine Love is infinite permissiveness. You're imagining Barney the Dinosaur perhaps as the Almighty.
I really don't think anyone could imagine your god as Barney the Dinosaur.
Barney never said "Love me or I will torture you forever". But I will check.
Barney is a very nice imaginary character while your god is an evil imaginary character.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19
1 edit

@caissad4 said
It is interesting to note that if Hitler had "come to the Lord" in his last few moments of life he would be in Heaven with Jesus guy while all the Jews he murdered would be burning in Hell for eternity.
Christian justice is rather warped.
Jesus took all of our sins upon Himself without exception so anyone who goes to Him can be saved and not cast out. All of those that reject Christ will not be invited in, but cast out no matter how good we think they are. It is about Jesus Christ not us!

There is good reason to believe many who did murder thousands with Hitler received Christ before they were executed for their crimes.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Jesus took all of our sins upon Himself without exception so anyone who goes to Him can be saved and not cast out. All of those that reject Christ will not be invited in, but cast out no matter how good we think they are. It is about Jesus Christ not us!
Right. What you are saying is that if Hitler in his last moments alive had "accepted Jesus" then he would be in the bosom of the Lord while the 6,000,000 Jews he murdered would be tortured eternally in hell.
Anyone who can even remotely perceive this as the action of a just god must be severely brain damaged.
Or a deluded fool.
Kim Jong Jesus will be quite proud of your loyalty to the Dear Leader.

F

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
It is about Jesus Christ not us!
Sometimes, you make your God figure sound like one of the greatest monsters that the human imagination has ever come up with. Hatred, vengeance, wrath, cruelty, ego, jealousy, a purveyor of stupendous violence for no comprehensible moral purpose. Do you ever have moments when you catch yourself and think, 'What on Earth is this convoluted mess of an ideology I've got myself psychologically mixed up in?'

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
Right. What you are saying is that if Hitler in his last moments alive had "accepted Jesus" then he would be in the bosom of the Lord while the 6,000,000 Jews he murdered would be tortured eternally in hell.
Anyone who can even remotely perceive this as the action of a just god must be severely brain damaged.
Or a deluded fool.
It is not our righteous before God, it is our redeemer who saves us.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 19
1 edit

@caissad4 said
Or a deluded fool.

Salvation for Nazi's charged with the death of millions.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
21 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
It is not our righteous before God, it is our redeemer who saves us.
Kim Jong Jesus recognizes your loyalty and love for the Dear Leader.

E

Moves
21 Jul 19

So what proof would we see for a Universe created with age, with fossil record in the earth then allowed to age?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jul 19

@KellyJay

How is that an answer to my question?