Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Oh, of course I imagine you do not believe in sin.

It was something of a rhetorical question, but it required an answer, and it did succeed in eliciting that attitude we all love.
It was a disingenuous question. If it were a rhetorical question, it would make a genuine point in our conversation.

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Does it make you better to call strangers on the internet 'weak-minded' because you don't like their analogies?
Did I call you "weak-minded"?

I was referring to the gimmicky nature of your discourse.

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Oh, so you don't want to talk about? You want to bring up the topic but you don't want to actually address anything about the topic.
If you want to talk about my response on 'free will', it's still there, blanked out.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Jul 19

@fmf said
Did I call you "weak-minded"?

I was referring to the gimmicky nature of your discourse.
If the kind of trite analogies you come out with have worked on you in your adult life, so be it.

To my question about whether you were callign me weak-minded.

"So be it" implies that yes, you are weak-minded under this condition.

Since I like my "trite" analogies, then, I am weak-minded, right?

Why is it so hard to admit that you have issued an insult, lol. It's just the internet, bruh.

Do you really think you are maintaining some kind of immaculate record here?

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

@philokalia said
If the kind of trite analogies you come out with have worked on you in your adult life, so be it.

To my question about whether you were callign me weak-minded.

"So be it" implies that yes, you are weak-minded under this condition.

Since I like my "trite" analogies, then, I am weak-minded, right?

Why is it so hard to admit that you have is ...[text shortened]... the internet, bruh.

Do you really think you are maintaining some kind of immaculate record here?
Have the kind of trite analogies you come out with worked on you in your adult life?

You haven't answered.

I am not asking you if you "like" using them.

I am asking if the analogies that I thought have been duds in recent conversations are the kind of thought exercises that have worked on you ~ that is, they have appealed to your intellect ~ in your adult life?

They either have or they haven't.

Or, you "like" to use them even though they wouldn't work on you.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Jul 19

@fmf said
Have the kind of trite analogies you come out with worked on you in your adult life?

You haven't answered.

I am not asking you if you "like" using them.

I am asking if the analogies that I thought have been duds in recent conversations are the kind of thought exercises that have worked on you ~ that is, they have appealed to your intellect ~ in your adult life?

They either have or they haven't.

Or, you "like" to use them even though they wouldn't work on you.
(FYI this discussion has gone to this thread: https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/why-all-the-confusion-about-what-the-bible-says.181741/page-7

Where it is also delightfully off topic)

F

Moves
22 Jul 19

@philokalia said
(FYI this discussion has gone to this thread: https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/why-all-the-confusion-about-what-the-bible-says.181741/page-7

Where it is also delightfully off topic)
Still no answer from you, unless it is hidden amongst all the quibbling about the word "work" and I've missed it. Was it a yes or a no?

If the kind of gimmicky little analogies you have tried on me have worked on you [been successful in changing your beliefs] in your adult life, and not when you were depressed or abusing any substances [catching you at vulnerable times would not count], I would certainly perceive you as having a soft-spot caused by your superstitious beliefs where you exhibit weak-mindedness which make you come across as a lightweight [in a conversation on this issue].

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
What are you asking? I tried to find out.
It doesn't matter.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
22 Jul 19

@sonship said
@caissad4

I really don't think anyone could imagine your god as Barney the Dinosaur.

Yet you seem to want to try that that is the way He should be.

Barney never said "Love me or I will torture you forever".

Quote the Bible where it was said in any of the places in the 66 books of my Bible.

You see. You don't read it. So you im ...[text shortened]... t think human beings WOULD imagine a Person like Jesus Christ even if they had the ability to do so.
Love me or I will torture you forever is the majority accepted policy of Kim Jong Jesus.
Several sects have different beliefs but the majority opinion and belief is love me or I will torture you forever.
And I can say with a high degree of certainty that Barney never said "Love me or I will torture you forever".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 19

@proper-knob said
It doesn't matter.
I guess not.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
And Theists have none, zip, zero and nada for their extraordinary claims.
Theists still have no proof for their extraordinary claims.
Two thousand years and counting.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
Theists still have no proof for their extraordinary claims.
Two thousand years and counting.
You refuse to look at evidence, or listen to views supporting it, so how would you know there is none?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
You refuse to look at evidence, or listen to views supporting it, so how would you know there is none?
As I keep repeating, show your evidence.
Your Wholly Fable book is not evidence.

F

Moves
28 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Oh the irony.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 19

@caissad4 said
As I keep repeating, show your evidence.
Your Wholly Fable book is not evidence.
Scripture is evidence for God, it spells out how the universe looks and why, as well as the predictions in about Christ. It was put together in an way that couldn't be manufactured by deception due to time, distance, and the authors of the 66 books in it. You claimed to have read books about why that isn't true, and you refuse to listen to anything that could dispel that, and you wonder where the evidence is, it is where you refuse to look.