1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '17 14:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And you're still failing to play for truth, but rather manipulation.
    If you supposedly favour the "truth" [as opposed to manipulation], why then are you always playing the man rather than the ball?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '17 14:25
    But calling it 'meat' does it a disservice. It is the Word of God, not a lunch menu.
    What about 1 Corinthians 3:2 and Hebrews 5:12? Aren't they part of "the Word of God"?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '17 14:27
    Are you ever afraid people might notice you, the man behind the curtain? Still failing to get the drift, I see. What compromises you must make in your daily life in order to feel so right, all the time, when in fact, you are so laughably far off the mark.I just feel sorry for those you drag down with you into your spiritual cesspool.
    My question obviously touched a nerve.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 May '17 14:38
    ... said the atheist.
    It is indeed a travesty that it takes an atheist to remind you of this core constituent of Christianity.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 May '17 14:42
    But calling it 'meat' does it a disservice. It is the Word of God, not a lunch menu.

I know it may as well be the Sunday comics to some of you, but give it a rest. Even analogies break when stretched too far.
    Please take this up with Sonship. I can link you to about 50 threads created by him that liken the bible to meat, milk, fruit,......celeriac.

Perhaps you missed them?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 14:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would have thought sonship's blend of doubleplusgoodthink and duckspeak - with guaranteed immortality attendant thereto - is an easier sell.
    Sonship is 'selling' false doctrines... salvation based on mouthworship alone.

God / Jesus hates mouth worship and will deal severely.with Christians who practice it
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 15:06
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    It is indeed a travesty that it takes an atheist to remind you of this core constituent of Christianity.
    Christians ignorant of the teachings of Christ, or arguing against Christ.

Imagine this is what Christianity has become. They are without shame.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 May '17 06:37
    You have rather been type-cast as the 'works required villain,' but then there is no greater way to show love for God and our neighbour than through our actions.
    Works always follow faith, the thing that is important to know is that we are saved by faith
    not our works. That does not mean works are not to be done, but our righteousness is in
    God through faith not of works least any of us boast. Our love towards each other will like
    our faith will lead us into doing what is right and necessary. I care for those around me
    so I do those things that ministry to their needs, and I do not blow a horn telling people
    about it either. Bragging about the works you do, gives you your reward now, where we
    are told to not let our left hand know what our right is doing, to do things in secret so that
    only God sees them. If the world needs to see your good works, or how smart you are
    than I doubt what is being done if for God.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '17 07:01
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Works always follow faith, the thing that is important to know is that we are saved by faith
    not our works.
    Works always follows faith?

So if there are no works, the "faith" won't save you on its own, is that right?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '17 07:09
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Bragging about the works you do, gives you your reward now, where we
    are told to not let our left hand know what our right is doing, to do things in secret so that only God sees them.
    It's interesting that, with the exception perhaps of robbie carrobie, none of the regular Christian posters here goes around bragging about their "good works".

So, you believe your god figure not only requires "good works" from you but requires them to be secret as well, is that right?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 May '17 11:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Works always follows faith?

So if there are no works, the "faith" won't save you on its own, is that right?
    Without faith it is impossible to please God. What does that tell you about 'works' that are done devoid of faith?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '17 11:37
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Without faith it is impossible to please God. What does that tell you about 'works' that are done devoid of faith?
    It doesn't "tell" me anything. Christians have interesting disagreements over this matter. But I am not a Christian.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 May '17 12:38
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    'For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.' Romans 2:13

You may also wish to google Cornelius.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 May '17 12:48
    'For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.' Romans 2:13

Cornelius is good example of a doer.

There is a good story which Christians like to ignore about Ananias and Sapphira. These were two Christian saints who professed their faith. they believed, and they were given the Holy Spirit. They were part of the early church. But they choose evil rather than good.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 May '17 14:48

I suggest you really consider that verse, can any be righteous by works of the law?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree