Fellowship, Fall, Salvation:

Fellowship, Fall, Salvation:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
I suggest you really consider that verse, can any be righteous by works of the law?
Yes.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Yes.
Not according to the scriptures, you have another source? The Bible is very clear no one can be saved by the works of the law, which was why God established righteousness through faith.

T

Moves
16 May 17
1 edit

Not according to the scriptures, you have another source? The Bible is very clear no one can be saved by the works of the law, which was why God established righteousness through faith.
As I recall, you've accused rajk999 of choosing to ignore parts of the Bible.

How exactly aren't you guilty of what you've accused him of doing?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 May 17

'Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law,'

Sigh.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 May 17
1 edit

'Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law,'

Sigh.
An atheist teaching some Bible truths to Christians. Very nice. Although this has to be the 6th time you posted this to him.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 May 17

Sigh.
I don't think that means what you predictably think it means, but then again, your teacher in this forum has a piss-poor bias against Christians, which colors everything he says here, so no wonder you get this wrong.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
An atheist teaching some Bible truths to Christians. Very nice. Although this has to be the 6th time you posted this to him.
"Bible truths".

Yeah, not through your lens.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 17

Sigh.
Sigh, seriously you claim to study scripture and you think that shows people will be righteous before God? It show everyone is without excuses being aware doesn't mean that they are flawless before God! Tell me when someone breaks (a) law, is the whole law broken? If for a single sin man lost his place do you think without Jesus God will be less strict?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 May 17

Sigh, seriously you claim to study scripture and you think that shows people will be righteous before God? It show everyone is without excuses being aware doesn't mean that they are flawless before God! Tell me when someone breaks (a) law, is the whole law broken? If for a single sin man lost his place do you think without Jesus God will be less strict?
Why is your God such a strict God, demanding flawlessness in his creation, and why do you seem to want Him to be this kind of deity? - If we were to do a biblical tally of divine strictness and divine compassion and forgiveness, would you want the former to come out on top?

And I don't 'claim' to study scripture, I 'have' studied scripture. Do you only 'claim' to be a Christian?

Moves
17 May 17
1 edit

'For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.' Romans 2:13

You may also wish to google Cornelius.
The rich young ruler claimed that he had kept all the laws, but that wasn't enough now was it?

And I'm guessing you ignored the part where Cornelius came to faith in Christ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 17
1 edit

Why is your God such a strict God, demanding flawlessness in his creation, and why do you seem to want Him to be this kind of deity? - If we were to do a biblical tally of divine strictness and divine compassion and forgiveness, would you want the former to come out on top?

And I don't 'claim' to study scripture, I 'have' studied scripture. Do you only 'claim' to be a Christian?
You think sin and evil should just be accepted as part of God's Kingdom when it need not
be there? Why do you accept it as okay? Why do you muse about things and comment on
them when clearly you don't grasp them. You fail to realize there is only God in the OT
and the NT, you do not grasp grace, sin, and evil and still attempt to claim knowledge
about them you don't have. Don't you know you remove all excuse from yourself when
do things like that as did those in Jesus day that claimed knowledge they didn't have?

Grasping our state if the first thing we must do before we go to God, telling Him He has
to accept our sin isn't part of the process, telling Him He is at fault when the sin is ours
is not part of the process. Difficult to ask for grace for sins you want to keep on doing and
feel they are just normal and the way things are. If by nature you know that doing evil is
wrong when you do grasp it and still do it leaves you no excuse.

Grace and truth is that we are sinners, and only through Jesus Christ is there hope for us
as He sends His Spirit into us and from within works with us, making us new creatures in
Christ, without Jesus in our lives we are as we have always been.

With respect to your claims about scripture I seem to recall you saying a little more than
that, but I'd have to double check. I know you wanted to tell me about God, when clearly
even with this exchange you are missing some information.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 May 17

You think sin and evil should just be accepted as part of God's Kingdom when it need not
be there? Why do you accept it as okay? Why do you muse about things and comment on
them when clearly you don't grasp them. You fail to realize there is only God in the OT
and the NT, you do not grasp grace, sin, and evil and still attempt to claim knowledge
about t ...[text shortened]... ed to tell me about God, when clearly
even with this exchange you are missing some information.
You think sin and evil should just be accepted as part of God's Kingdom when it need not be there?

I think a perfectly loving God would forgive His imperfect creation for their failings. He wouldn't expect an ant to become an elephant and then punish them for falling short.

You fail to realize there is only God in the OT and the NT

These are two entirely different Gods. To consider them the same God while simultaneously holding to the belief that God is unchanging is deeply naïve, betraying your own lack of knowledge in this area.

If by nature you know that doing evil is wrong when you do grasp it and still do it leaves you no excuse.

If you accept that by nature I know what is wrong then you must equally accept that by nature I also know what is right, especially as the bible itself tells you God's law is written on my heart, irrespective of my disbelief.

He sends His Spirit into us and from within works with us, making us new creatures in
Christ, without Jesus in our lives we are as we have always been.

God may indeed work within you, but He also requires you to work eternally in the world and put His law into action.

I know you wanted to tell me about God, when clearly even with this exchange you are missing some information.

With respect, you are missing something yourself, and it is called objectivity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 17

[b]You think sin and evil should just be accepted as part of God's Kingdom when it need not be there?

I think a perfectly loving God would forgive His imperfect creation for their failings. He wouldn't expect an ant to become an elephant and then punish them for falling short.

You fail to realize there is only God in the OT and the NT[/ ...[text shortened]... ormation.

With respect, you are missing something yourself, and it is called objectivity.[/b]
I was harsh with you, please don't take that as thinking ill of you! I will respond when I have time. Feel free to call me out on anything I take your views very seriously even if I disagree.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 May 17

I was harsh with you, please don't take that as thinking ill of you! I will respond when I have time. Feel free to call me out on anything I take your views very seriously even if I disagree.
Hey dude i'm enjoying the discussion. You worry too much. 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 17

Hey dude i'm enjoying the discussion. You worry too much. 🙂
You make my day! 🙂