Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 May '17 02:55
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Christ demands that you love me. 🙂

Care to change your tune now?
    Matthew 5 NIV
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Luke 6
    27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '17 03:44
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Matthew 5 NIV
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who lov ...[text shortened]... es what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
    Do you yourself obey Matthew 5:43-48 and Luke 6:27-31?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '17 03:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Matthew 5 NIV
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who lov ...[text shortened]... es what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
    As I suspected, Rajk999 is wrong, and Suzianne is correct.

Jesus taught us to love each other. I hope Dive is paying attention to this.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '17 04:131 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    'Teachings' and messages on doctrine is milk. Explanations on righteous living and good works is meat.

What meat exactly do you want ?
    I'm asking you if you have any other "meaty" messages other than your 'we are saved by works' set-piece?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '17 04:14

Do you still think the Bible is bullshlt?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '17 04:19
    And do you do what you say Jesus told us to do?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 May '17 06:211 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hard to tell what your stance is on the matter.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 May '17 10:28

We are to love everyone, Jesus died for each and everyone, but there is a time.

1 Timothy 6:20
    Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge,

Matthew 18
    15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
    18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '17 12:44
    I'm asking you if you have any other "meaty" messages other than your 'we are saved by works' set-piece?
    Here is a meaty message from Jesus:

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
    Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. (Matthew 5:3-11 KJV)

Here Jesus explains
    who it is that enters the Kingdom of Heaven
    who obtains mercy from God
    who will see God
    who are the children of God.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '17 12:57
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Here is a meaty message from Jesus:

[i]Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    Blessed are the merciful: for they s ...[text shortened]... he Kingdom of Heaven
    who obtains mercy from God
    who will see God
    who are the children of God.
    I would have thought sonship's blend of doubleplusgoodthink and duckspeak - with guaranteed immortality attendant thereto - is an easier sell.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '17 13:04
    You are a self professed Christian of over 30 years. I am asking you if you feel your WORDS in this forum are that of a Christian? Do your words to others show the love that Jesus was speaking of?

We all know the answer, FMF excluded of course. Your "master" will defend you regardless, because he has ditched the burden of Jesus.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 May '17 13:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Still playing the man rather than the ball, I see.
    And you're still failing to play for truth, but rather manipulation.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 May '17 13:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    You aim all this stuff at Christians like Rajk999 and divegeester, I see, but, tell me, does any of this apply to you too? You seem inclined to do quite a bit of judging and attacking and haranguing yourself. Aren't you worried that people might notice?
    Are you ever afraid people might notice you, the man behind the curtain?

Still failing to get the drift, I see. What compromises you must make in your daily life in order to feel so right, all the time, when in fact, you are so laughably far off the mark.

I just feel sorry for those you drag down with you into your spiritual cesspool.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 May '17 13:57
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.'

I think the above is the 'meat' of the Christian message. Love everybody, in word and action.
    But calling it 'meat' does it a disservice. It is the Word of God, not a lunch menu.

I know it may as well be the Sunday comics to some of you, but give it a rest. Even analogies break when stretched too far.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 May '17 13:58
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You have rather been type-cast as the 'works required villain,' but then there is no greater way to show love for God and our neighbour than through our actions.
    ... said the atheist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree