1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 15:53
    If all you do is look for errors in other people's lives, and you never look
    at the logs in your own eyes, you have to be very self-righteous. We all
    sin and as such we are guilty, the comparison of one of us is any better
    than the someone else is a bit of folly here. If all are guilty, why would it
    matter if one is more or less guilty the someone else? If you are driving
    a car 15 MPH over the speed limit, and get pulled over by the police for
    doing that, will it matter if you were driving with traffic, and everyone else
    was also driving over the limit by 15 MPH? You were over the limit so
    therefore you can get a ticket, if you stand before a judge and he asks
    if you were driving 15 MPH over the limit wouldn't you have to say, yes?

Self reflection should be a major part of our days in the morning and in
    the evening, it will keep us a little less judgmental and a lot more
    forgiving if you care what God says. Judge not, because we will be
    judged by whatever standard we use against others. it is better asking
    God to forgive than to condemn.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 16:13
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Self reflection should be a major part of our days in the morning and in the evening, it will keep us a little less judgmental and a lot more
    forgiving if you care what God says. Judge not, because we will be
    judged by whatever standard we use against others. it is better asking
    You publicly and repeatedly judged and branded me a liar recently with regard to the most personally significant piece of information about myself that I have ever revealed to you. You should try some self-reflection, perhaps.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 16:41
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You publicly and repeatedly judged and branded me a liar recently with regard to the most personally significant piece of information about myself that I have ever revealed to you. You should try some self-reflection, perhaps.
    🙂 Yep, and believe me when I talk to you that is on my mind. I was very blunt with you.
    You made claims and refused to provide the smallest proof by simply sharing what you
    once believed, which you now claim to have rejected. I told you that makes me think your
    claims were not what you claimed.

For crying out loud even if you were never a Christian you'd think with the debating you
    do you would have a basic grasp of the fundamentals of the faith. Yet given the questions
    you ask about Christianity and the claims you make about it I have a hard time believing
    you know the first thing about a faith you claim to have had for 30 years.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 23:25
    [b]🙂 Yep, and believe me when I talk to you that is on my mind. I was very blunt with you. You made claims and refused to provide the smallest proof...
    There is no onus on me to prove anything to you. Nor is there any onus in you to engage in self-reflection, despite your OP.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 23:27
    Yet given the questions you ask about Christianity and the claims you make about it I have a hard time believing you know the first thing about a faith you claim to have had for 30 years.
    Then answer my questions.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 23:361 edit
    ... even if you were never a Christian you'd think with the debating you do you would have a basic grasp of the fundamentals of the faith.
    It is indeed because I have asked you straightforward questions about the fundamentals of your faith, that you have gone into this bizarre deflection mode.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 00:17
    Then answer my questions.
    I'm sorry, why is it that you feel free to not answer questions you don't want too, but you
    feel I'm some how compelled to answer yours? How does this work in your world?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 00:18
    There is no onus on me to prove anything to you. Nor is there any onus in you to engage in self-reflection, despite your OP.
    I believe you are without a doubt correct, there is no onus on you, or me for that matter.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 01:36
    If all you do is look for errors in other people's lives, and you never look
    at the logs in your own eyes, you have to be very self-righteous. We all
    sin and as such we are guilty, the comparison of one of us is any better
    than the someone else is a bit of folly here. If all are guilty, why would it
    matter if one is more or less guilty the someone else ...[text shortened]... by whatever standard we use against others. it is better asking
    Only you can forgive yourself
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 02:05
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Only you can forgive yourself
    Really if someone wrongs me, I am not allowed, or unable to forgive them according to you?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 03:24
    I believe you are without a doubt correct, there is no onus on you, or me for that matter.
    You have created an "onus" on me that shields you from displaying basic common courtesy and allows you to run away from normal debate and discussion by pretending that I can answer my specific questions about your beliefs.

I take you at your word when you say you are a Christian - I even ask you honest questions about your beliefs. It's common courtesy.

I am, meanwhile, an agnostic atheist. I am not interested in what either you or I believed in past decades. I have always been honest with you about what my beliefs are - and my beliefs about Christianity are no secret. That's common courtesy too. You seem not equal to it.

You should engage in self-reflection.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 03:26
    I'm sorry, why is it that you feel free to not answer questions you don't want too, but you
    feel I'm some how compelled to answer yours? How does this work in your world?
    I am asking you things about stuff you currently believe. You are free to do the same to me. I have made no attempt to hide my beliefs about Christianity.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 03:33
    I am asking you things about stuff you currently believe. You are free to do the same to me. I have made no attempt to hide my beliefs about Christianity.
    It is all just questions and answers nothing more or less. You want to claim your reasons for not answering that one is rational fine by me, I don’t have to like or approve, I don’t owe you anything either.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 03:37
    You made claims and refused to provide the smallest proof by simply sharing what you once believed
    If what I wanted to do on this message board was to prove to people that I used to be a Christian, that's what I would do. But it's not.

I am interested, instead, in presenting myself and my beliefs and perspectives as they are now and engaging people with different beliefs from me.

Why aren't you interested in presenting yourself and your beliefs and perspectives as they are now when it comes to my engagement with you? Why the foetal position? Why the lack of decency? Why the accusations? Why the day-after-day-after-day deflection?

You need to engage in self-reflection like I said.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 03:411 edit
    It is all just questions and answers nothing more or less.
    Go for it. I am an agnostic atheist and you already know a lot about my observations about Christianity.

Pick up the FMF-is-lying ball and run with it, whatever. It's water off a duck's back to me.

As you say, it is all just questions and answers nothing more or less ~ you are a Christian and I am not. This is why we are talking.

For the sake of argument, go with your accusation that I was never a Christian. Fine. Now that impediment is dealt with. You are talking to an agnostic atheist. Stop running away from me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree