For the love of Tom Wolsey

For the love of Tom Wolsey

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
03 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
It's good to have Pagan friends. They worship the ground you walk on...
ba-DOOM-tsshhhhh

well played.

edit: I see you already got the ba-da-boom... so. There it is again.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
ba-DOOM-tsshhhhh

well played.

edit: I see you already got the ba-da-boom... so. There it is again.
I had ignored the first one.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

I had ignored the first one.
Then how did you know it was there? And why do you persist in taking childish little pot shots at me?

Maybe your problem is you don’t understand the definition of ignore.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jun 18

'A poet is a man who puts up a ladder to a star and climbs it while playing a violin.'

Edmond de Goncourt

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
03 Jun 18
1 edit

'A poet is a man who puts up a ladder to a star and climbs it while playing a violin.'

Edmond de Goncourt
Then poets are dumb. Do they continue playing the violin as they fall to their death? Great. Now I'm thinking about the Titanic. DeCaprio and icebergs and stuff.

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Scripture seems to indicate that there is eternal suffering.
Do I like it? No, but I also don't like the suffering in this world much either.
What I will not do, however, is reject reality just because I may not understand or like it.
The conclusion that I've come to over the years is that the one thing that is desperately missing in the continually wayw ...[text shortened]... or, if he does, he will not punish them for wrongdoing in any way.
That leads to hell on earth.
This is hardly an “unequivocal” position on eternal suffering.

“Scripture seems to indicate” - is this really the best regurgitation of the spoonfeeding on hell you’ve had growing up?

The rest of your effort is just another apology for trying to justify your horrid beliefs on a general lack of “fear” there is of the horrid belief itself.

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I see.

Tell me, before your God, that you honestly believe that my “stand by me” thread was me “grovelling for attention”.
I notice you never came back to this suzianne.

Moves
03 Jun 18

Tom Wolsey is lying about loving me with a brotherly love; why don’t you think this type of casual dishonesty is pertinent to the real issues of spirituality?
And you didn’t come back to this one Jacob (philokalia)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @whodey
The debate forums is a mosh pit full of trolls that only wish to derail your threads.
And it's full of rational people who take exception to your constant lying and misrepresentation.

Coincidence?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Jun 18

I notice you never came back to this suzianne.
You really don't want me to "come back to this".

I was doing you a favor by leaving it, but I see your constant need for attention and acceptance means you can't just leave it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I've known many pagans, up close and personal. American pagans. They are usually fluffy bunny New Age wiccan types but not always.
A friend of mine is Wiccan.

We get along famously.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @suzianne

We get along famously.
My brother is a "high priest" for whatever that's worth. Yeah, wiccans are generally easy-going folks, not hard to get along with.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18
2 edits

I was doing you a favor by leaving it, but I see your constant need for attention and acceptance means you can't just leave it.
tiger’s been very fussy lately and testing boundaries. His chums at Shetland Primary and blokes at the pub have noticed it too.

Heartpence, tiger’s school guidance counselor who fancies himself a world-class psychiatrist, said tiger will outgrow his fussiness and it’s best to ignore it.

Edit: Just the other day, I put a PB&J on open spread and pint of ale in front of tiger and he balled up his little hand into a fist and pounded the table, yelling, “I want raspberry jelly!”

I said, “But tiger, grape’s always been your favorite.”

He yelled, “Raspberry!” Then he pushed his pint of ale away and said, “My ale’s too warm! Make it colder!”

He’s a handful!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jun 18

We get along famously.
Hillary Clinton and John Podesta, her presidential campaign manager, used to attend “spirit cooking” dinners where they drank other people’s bodily fluids. It was in the stolen WikiLeaks e-mails.

What a pair of sickos.

Moves
03 Jun 18

So you’re just going to keep dodging the question?