1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 22:43
    Originally posted by roigam
    Sorry Dive.
    I thought you had a point and I needed time to consider it.
    My answer is this thread.
    I will catch you later.
    When you get back from avoidance therapy* I'll dig up the exchange in the other thread and post it here.

*shopping again, LOL.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 01:211 edit
    I'm back. just when you thought it was safe.

Just to clarify, what do you believe Jesus' sacrifice covers as far as sin goes?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:13

Just to clarify, what do you believe Jesus' sacrifice covers as far as sin goes?
    Try asking the question of what does God's Word have to say about it.

Or you can go to the Watchtower and get the wrong answer.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:22

I believe he covered it once and for all. To suggest more is required is to say what Jesus
    did wasn't enough.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:231 edit
    That's right.
    Jesus was Michael in his prehuman life.
    He was Jehovah's firstborn and through him all things were created,
    Michael had to give up his position and angelic nature to become a man.
    (Philippians 2:7) No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human.
    (1 Corinthians 15:47) The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the ...[text shortened]... r their works were wicked.
    So, again, not all accept Jesus as a man.
    I love to do my homework!
    None of those verses is a proof text supporting the idea that Jesus was the angel Michael.

What's more, the term "firstborn" as it relates to Jesus in the New Testament, is never used as a term describing the relationship between God the Father and Jesus Christ. Never.

Look it up.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:24
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I believe he covered it once and for all. To suggest more is required is to say what Jesus
    did wasn't enough.
    If what he did was enough then why all these other religions?

you do realize that Christians are not the majority religion, right?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 08:52

No this is your pitch not mine; the onus is you to explain how 'the dead have paid for their own sins by dying' - are you able to?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 08:52

Tell me roigan has the Watchtower come out with new teaching on this topic?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 10:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    If what he did was enough then why all these other religions?

you do realize that Christians are not the majority religion, right?
    Because none of the other religions are from God. When Jesus said He was the Way, the
    Truth, and the Light, being the Word of God made flesh He did not lie, He is it. No matter
    what, any other attempt to please God other than the one God Himself setup will be
    acceptable to God. Man saying he knows how isn't going to make it.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 11:49
    Because none of the other religions are from God. When Jesus said He was the Way, the
    Truth, and the Light, being the Word of God made flesh He did not lie, He is it. No matter
    what, any other attempt to please God other than the one God Himself setup will be
    All religions claim to offer truth about the divine. Christianity tenders nothing unique in this regard.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 12:13
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    All religions claim to offer truth about the divine. Christianity tenders nothing unique in this regard.
    Christianity revolves around Jesus Christ, those that reject Him or belittle the need for Him miss the point. If they turn Christ into some formula of religious laws or works, they don't look to God for His grace, instead they look to establish their own righteousness before God, not unlike all the other religions of man.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:18
    Has he gone shopping again?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 03:07
    Oh come now, surely this just depends on where you were born.

If you had been born in India you would surely realize that there is the One Spirit that moves through all things however there are several gods.
    And the first writings of "God" were the Upanishads - scholarly speaking.
    Remember that Hinduism is not an exclusive religion, when the Buddha came along with his new ideas Hinduism adapted and made him the 16th avatar of Hinduism.
    If your religion does not change with the times and acknowledge other "spiritualities", then, in my eyes, it is a dead religion.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 03:111 edit
    It claims to have a unique nature because of Jesus having died for our sins.

But I say that's baloney. If he was a real man, I have no doubt he wielded the 'force' with grace and poise, but to say that your "salvation" depends on anothers death is just wrong.
    It's misplaced loyalty,paying allegiance and obedience to the wrong master.
    And we all know who our real masters are . Ourselves of course.
    We can try to incorporate this very disorientating fact into our lives, or we can continue to sleep by the kids version of spirituality.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 03:162 edits
    Christianity revolves around Jesus Christ, those that reject Him or belittle the need for Him miss the point. If they turn Christ into some formula of religious laws or works, they don't look to God for His grace, instead they look to establish their own righteousness before God, not unlike all the other religions of man.
    I don't belittle nor disregard Jesus.
    But there is no "God" you realize that right.
    God is merely the light and photons and crap moving through all things. It is the mana of the universe.
    It is not a divine entity.

Don't you think Jesus is sick of all you guys just 'revolving around him' ?
    Do you think that people that revolve around spiritual figures are misguided?
    Because you have said nothing that supplants any other thing that has been said by others. In fact, if anything, many Christian values seem to be based on Hinduism

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree