Forgiving Murderers

Forgiving Murderers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Oct 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
but they think god is going to give him the death penalty....

(phew, i think i got away with that one)
Great job! Applause!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Oct 12

you have forgiven but you still wish to see him receive a death penalty?
Forgiving someone is different then accepting the punishment that is due to them. Understand this to you all...God is the one who desides in the end what punishment a murderer recieves. He has allowed the governments to stand at this time and we are to follow those rules as Christians as long as it does not cross the lines of rules and laws he has given us. So if a government does execute murderers then that is what is done. God has not told these govermental agencies not to execute such ones.
So personally I detest what he did and if Jehovah allows an execution to happen then it must be deserving...
The forgiveness issue comes it to the affect that no I would not and could not take this into my owns hands, and forgiving does not mean I would have him over for dinner.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Oct 12

but they think god is going to give him the death penalty....

(phew, i think i got away with that one)
I never said that did I? I said we all will answer to God for our sins. Obviously some sins are worse then others, Right? Are you familiar which sins at all could bring ones life to an end if you were in fact answering to God? Any idea at all?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
I never said that did I? I said we all will answer to God for our sins. Obviously some sins are worse then others, Right? Are you familiar which sins at all could bring ones life to an end if you were in fact answering to God? Any idea at all?
He believes in himself and answers to himself, not your god or my God. 😏

Ronald (Jesus) Hinds

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Oct 12

Forgiving someone is different then accepting the punishment that is due to them. Understand this to you all...God is the one who desides in the end what punishment a murderer recieves. He has allowed the governments to stand at this time and we are to follow those rules as Christians as long as it does not cross the lines of rules and laws he has given ...[text shortened]... not take this into my owns hands, and forgiving does not mean I would have him over for dinner.
OK, so you wouldn't have him over for dinner whether you forgave him or not.

And it sounds like you would not intervene in an execution in any way, whether you forgave him or not.

What I'm asking for is what, if any, of your actions would change if you forgave him.

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

Forgiving someone is different then accepting the punishment that is due to them.
So your forgiveness is just a subjective thing, keeping you all square with your own God and your perception of His requirements, for your own private purposes? [As in when you said "Yes Christians are required to forgive"]. But it doesn't have any objective impact on the guilty party or affect his fate in any way, or affect anything external to you?

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

God is the one who decides in the end what punishment a murderer receives. He has allowed the governments to stand at this time and we are to follow those rules as Christians as long as it does not cross the lines of rules and laws he has given us.
So, according to you, God decides not to execute people in European Union countries, but does decide to execute them in the U.S. and China? Why would God have different policies for different continents?

Moves
30 Oct 12

i didnt know some sins are worse than others, which ones are the ones that will lead to eternal life in satans boot-camp of doom? what happens if we commit the lesser sins? if we have to atone for all our sins or face death doesnt that give all sins the same value?

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

robbie, galveston75 appears to be endorsing capital punishment, and endorsing it as God's will. Do you concur?

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
robbie, galveston75 appears to be endorsing capital punishment, and endorsing it as God's will. Do you concur?
appears to be? what do you mean, appears to be? either he is or he isn't. did he not
state that its a matter for the governments? did he not state that ultimately God will
decide what happens to a murderer? where in this is he endorsing capital punishment?
are you becoming slimy again eff emm eff

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
did he not state that its a matter for the governments?
Do you not oppose capital punishment?

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
Do you not oppose capital punishment?
I do not oppose or endorse it, its a matter for the governments as I have consistently
stated.

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

I do not oppose or endorse it, its a matter for the governments as I have consistently
stated.
Do you then not oppose the government of Iran when on occasions it executes its citizens for converting to Christianity? You have no view on such an act by a government?

rc

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
Do you then not oppose the government of Iran when on occasions it executes its citizens for converting to Christianity? You have no view on such an act by a government?
As far as I am aware, being a christian is not synonymous with being a murderer,
therefore naturally i oppose such an action as unjust.

F

Moves
30 Oct 12

As far as I am aware, being a christian is not synonymous with being a murderer,
therefore naturally i oppose such an action as unjust.
galveston75 talked about having to "follow" government rules because "[God] has allowed the governments to stand at this time".

Converting to Christianity is a capital crime in an Islamic State.

In fact, galveston75 went on to say: "So if a government does execute murderers then that is what is done. God has not told these govermental agencies not to execute such ones." He is clearly endorsing capital punishment. Is it yet another issue that is left to each individual to decide?