Free Will

Free Will

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Nov 22

@kevin-eleven said
What if God is in the unfortunate (for all sentients in creation) position of being the Prime Ego (and how!) ?
God is the ONLY being of his kind in existence.

Or he doesn't exist at all.

There is the creator, and there is his creation. That's all. That's how!

Pure unadulterated logic.

F

Moves
14 Nov 22
1 edit

@josephw said
As responders we choose to believe it or not.
I think this is psychologically false. Furthermore, I think the notion of "free will" [as it pertains to supernatural things] that is bandied about by believers and the notion that someone can be culpable of not believing claims about supernatural things rings false, psychologically [and morally] speaking, too.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Nov 22

@kevin-eleven said
Wouldn't it be more likely that such a cosmic ego-tripping God would hope that we would do evil for the sake of increasing His control over us?
It would be more likely that that idea is the product of obtuse thinking and faithlessness.

It's not even about control. It's a question of where does life come from and who created it.

God is the author of life, and without him there is no life. God knows that, the Bible teaches it, and those that have eternal life know it is true.

Thinking of it in any other way is born of confusion, irrationality and an unbelieving heart.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Nov 22

@fmf said
I think this is psychologically false. Furthermore, I think the notion of "free will" [as it pertains to supernatural things] that is bandied about by believers and the notion that someone can be culpable of not believing claims about supernatural things ring false, psychologically [and morally] speaking, too.
God is God simply because only he can create something from nothing.

Based on that premise is the idea that we humans are responders. Our capacities are limited, God's are not.

Otherwise man is nothing.

No God, no life. Know God, know life.

Moves
14 Nov 22

@josephw said

Based on that premise is the idea that we humans are responders. Our capacities are limited, God's are not.

Otherwise man is nothing.

Wow you’ve really got stuck into your misanthropy course while you were away.

F

Moves
14 Nov 22

@josephw said
Even if we assume this is so, I don't think people can "choose", or use their free will to "decide", to believe that - say, for example - the Christian description of this creator entity is accurate or credible.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Nov 22

@divegeester said
Wow you’ve really got stuck into your misanthropy course while you were away.
And you're still really "stuck" on your anti-Christian sentiments.

"God so loved the world..."(the world of humanity)

Leveling a charge of misanthropy against one that knows and understands how much God loves humanity is as obtuse as it gets.

It would be equal to me saying that you hate God.

F

Moves
14 Nov 22

@josephw said
Would you be able to use your free will to choose to believe that people with "No God" DO have lives?

F

Moves
14 Nov 22
1 edit

@josephw said
Leveling a charge of misanthropy against one that knows and understands how much God loves humanity is as obtuse as it gets.
Asserting that people who don't believe in your particular God figure are excluded from knowing life is such an industrial-grade application of sloganeering that I think "misanthropy" is a pretty fair description of it. I wonder if you think such assertions can alter people's free will when it comes to their beliefs viz a viz your own religious beliefs.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Nov 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Even if we assume this is so, I don't think people can "choose", or use their free will to "decide", to believe that - say, for example - the Christian description of this creator entity is accurate or credible.
"Accurate or credible."

There are only two choices. God is infinite, or God is something less.

God is either one or the other. God exists, or he doesn't. If God exists, and his attributes are infinite, then he is the creator and we are his creation.

The accuracy and credibility of the above is based in logic.

F

Moves
14 Nov 22

@josephw said
"Accurate or credible."

There are only two choices. God is infinite, or God is something less.

God is either one or the other. God exists, or he doesn't. If God exists, and his attributes are infinite, then he is the creator and we are his creation.

The accuracy and credibility of the above is based in logic.
You don't seem to have understood what I posted.

F

Moves
14 Nov 22

@josephw said
There are only two choices. God is infinite, or God is something less.God is either one or the other. God exists, or he doesn't. If God exists, and his attributes are infinite, then he is the creator and we are his creation.
I will try again:

Even if we assume what you say above is true...

...I don't think people can "choose", or use their free will to "decide", to believe for example...

that the Christian description of this creator entity is accurate or credible.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Nov 22

@fmf said
Asserting that people who don't believe in your particular God figure are excluded from knowing life is such an industrial-grade application of sloganeering that I think "misanthropy" is a pretty fair description of it. I wonder if you think such assertions can alter people's free will when it comes to their beliefs viz a viz your own religious beliefs.
The "assertion" is based on what the scriptures say.

Don't blame me. I didn't write the Bible.

If I believe what the scriptures say, and you label me misanthropic for it, then it is you that hates the message of the hope of eternal life.

That is what the scriptures say God is offering to you and all humanity.

So who hates who?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Nov 22

@fmf said
You don't seem to have understood what I posted.
On the contrary, it is you that doesn't understand.

Moves
14 Nov 22

@josephw said
And you're still really "stuck" on your anti-Christian sentiments.

"God so loved the world..."(the world of humanity)

It would be equal to me saying that you hate God.
Wow again!

Firth you equate your silly phraseology to “salvation” and now you are equating me challenging you and your posting to me “hating God”.

You really have been on the American right-wing Christian equivalent of the Kolinahr while you were away!