1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 13:36
    @kellyjay said
    Someone who is only partially obedient is disobedient, just as there are no shades or of truth, something is true or not, obedience is or isn't as well.
    Are you claiming that you are perfectly obedient, or admitting you are disobedient?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 13:371 edit
    @josephw said
    Based on your performance in this forum of bashing Christians for asserting the truths as clearly delineated in God's Word it appears you're a hypocrite.
    For example?

By the way, I’m a Christian and you “bash” me constantly for what I believe.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 14:52
    @kellyjay said
    Someone who is only partially obedient is disobedient, just as there are no shades or of truth, something is true or not, obedience is or isn't as well. We need God's grace and mercy, our efforts will never be enough.
    Agreed.

We, mankind, are flawed. Even after salvation. We can obey, but we do so imperfectly. That's where grace comes in.

1John 1:7
    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

The word "cleanseth" is translated from the Greek word "katharizō" from which we get the word "catheterize".

The Greek says we are continually cleansed. Grace.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 14:56
    @divegeester said
    For example?

By the way, I’m a Christian and you “bash” me constantly for what I believe.
    You say you're a Christian, but you cherry pick the Bible believing only those parts that fit you preconceived version of the truth.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 15:15
    @kellyjay said
    Someone who is only partially obedient is disobedient, just as there are no shades or of truth, something is true or not, obedience is or isn't as well. We need God's grace and mercy, our efforts will never be enough.
    The Grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL MEN.

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, (Titus 2:11 KJV)

There is nothing man can do to get this Grace. This Grace of God is a free gift, which is given to all people from Adam to the end of time.

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. (Romans 5:15-18 KJV)

All men are justified by the death of Christ ... thats the Grace of God.

So your doctrine that there is something you have to do or had to do to get Gods Grace, or the doctrine that only Christians or those professing faith or belief get Gods Grace, are false doctrines.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 17:05
    @rajk999 said
    The Grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL MEN.

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, (Titus 2:11 KJV)

There is nothing man can do to get this Grace. This Grace of God is a free gift, which is given to all people from Adam to the end of time.

[i]But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if ...[text shortened]... trine that only Christians or those professing faith or belief get Gods Grace, are false doctrines.
    You make two mistakes.

First, you misunderstood kellyjay. He is not saying grace is earned by obedience.

Second, the "free gift" is eternal life, not grace. Grace was purchased at an unimaginable cost, and is given freely to those that through faith believe in Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice on the cross, his death, burial and literal resurrection.

It says nowhere in the Bible that grace is a "free gift".
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 18:02
    @josephw said
    You make two mistakes.

First, you misunderstood kellyjay. He is not saying grace is earned by obedience.

Second, the "free gift" is eternal life, not grace. Grace was purchased at an unimaginable cost, and is given freely to those that through faith believe in Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice on the cross, his death, burial and literal resurrection.

It says nowhere in the Bible that grace is a "free gift".
    Im quite aware of your church doctrine. The expression 'free gift' appears 3 times in the bible and all are in Romans 5 :

Rom_5:15  But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Rom_5:16  And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Rom_5:18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

It is clear that the free gift of God is the sacrifice of Christ for the sins of all mankind. Contrary to what you claim eternal life is never once referred to as a 'free gift'. It is referred to as a gift of God, never is it referred to as free.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 18:11
    @rajk999 said
    Im quite aware of your church doctrine. The expression 'free gift' appears 3 times in the bible and all are in Romans 5 :

[i]Rom_5:15  But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Rom_5:16  And not as it was ...[text shortened]... e referred to as a 'free gift'. It is referred to as a gift of God, never is it referred to as free.
    It is amazing how you can quote and refer to the very point you deny. Do you say that the book of Romans is of man, not God?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 18:25
    @kellyjay said
    It is amazing how you can quote and refer to the very point you deny. Do you say that the book of Romans is of man, not God?
    Learn to make your point in simple clear language.

Try again.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 21:08
    @kellyjay said
    Amazing isn't it how Rajk does that. He seems to deny and affirm alternate meanings simultaneously.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Nov '22 23:28
    @josephw said
    Amazing isn't it how Rajk does that. He seems to deny and affirm alternate meanings simultaneously.
    Difficult to show someone how they are wrong when they can hold contradictory
    thoughts as true at the same time.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 00:00
    @josephw said
    You say you're a Christian, but you cherry pick the Bible believing only those parts that fit you preconceived version of the truth.
    So no examples of me “bashing Christians” then.

Ok
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 00:34
    @divegeester said
    So no examples of me “bashing Christians” then.

Ok
    I would prefer to find an example of you contributing a post that wasn't divisive.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 06:422 edits
    @josephw said
    I would prefer to find an example of you contributing a post that wasn't divisive.
    YOU just accused me of “bashing Christians”. No examples then? Ok

Seems like you think it is ok for you to hand it out though.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 06:50
    @divegeester said
    YOU just accused me of “bashing Christians”. No examples then? Ok

Seems like you think it is ok for you to hand it out though.
    So then you're denying you bash, insult, criticize and generally denigrate Christian posters in this forum?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree