1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:171 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Your assumption is a stretch.

Besides I’m not against civil partnerships or homosexuals.
    I didn't think you would be.

The OP asked for any scriptural support, so I was throwing some possibilities on the table.

How would you explain 'For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth'? (Taking into account the ancient understanding of 'natural eunuchs' )
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:19
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

The OP asked for any scriptural support, so I was throwing some possibilities on the table.

How would you explain 'For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth'?
    Born without genitals.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:20

How would you explain 'For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth'?
    I can’t, but a lack of explaintion isn’t necessarily a void to be filled with a presumption which doesn’t fit with wider scripture.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:22
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Born without genitals.
    From my earlier post:

'But Jesus mentions a third category — eunuchs who were born that way. Some might argue that Jesus was referring to males born without testicles, but this would be extremely rare. Moreover, this interpretation ignores how the term “born eunuchs” was used in other literature of the time.

In the ancient world, including ancient Jewish culture (as reflected in the Talmud), “natural” or “born” eunuchs were not associated with missing testicles. Rather, they were associated with stereotypically effeminate characteristics and behavior (just like modern gay men), and were thought by Rabbi Eliezer to be subject to “cure” (just like modern gays). Moreover, as we have also seen, eunuchs were commonly associated with homosexual desire.'
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:28
    I can’t, but a lack of explaintion isn’t necessarily a void to be filled with a presumption which doesn’t fit with wider scripture.
    It could, of course, simply be an indication that biblical scripture has no cohesion and is riddled with irreconcilable contradictions.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:30
    From my earlier post:

'But Jesus mentions a third category — eunuchs who were born that way. Some might argue that Jesus was referring to males born without testicles, but this would be extremely rare. Moreover, this interpretation ignores how the term “born eunuchs” was used in other literature of the time.

In the ancient world, including an ...[text shortened]... gays). Moreover, as we have also seen, eunuchs were commonly associated with homosexual desire.'
    Either way nothing in the explanation of the early Jewish culture which supports the idea that a life of homosexuality is not a sin.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:31
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Some people are born gay?

Would you say that every gay person was born that way?

Nature or Nurture?
    I was born straight. It is not something I ever chose to be.

Why would this be any different for a gay person?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:341 edit
    I was born straight. It is not something I ever chose to be.

Why would this be any different for a gay person?
    In ancient Sparta and Greece homosexual interaction was the norm.

Now were they all genetically predisposed to this or was it learned or a combination of the two?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:38
    Really? So gays can't control themselves but a heroin addict can?
    Can you control your straightness?

Check...
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:442 edits
    Can you control your straightness?

Check...
    You tell me. Do you really think that the Greeks and Spartans were all genetically inclined to homosexual behavior?

And what of bisexuals? Are the incapable of being monogamous?

Personally, I think that a small percentage of people are inclined towards being homosexual, but for many, like the Greeks, it is socially mediated when normalized
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:55
    It could, of course, simply be an indication that biblical scripture has no cohesion and is riddled with irreconcilable contradictions.
    Your premise may hold discussion value, but this is not an example of it.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 19:55
    You tell me. Do you really think that the Greeks and Spartans were all genetically inclined to homosexual behavior?

And what of bisexuals? Are the incapable of being monogamous?

Personally, I think that a small percentage of people are inclined towards being homosexual, but for many, like the Greeks, it is socially mediated when normalized
    Why would a bisexual be any less capable of monogamy than a heterosexual? Are you daft enough to believe that a bisexual requires 2 partners on the go at the same time?

And heads up sir, this ain't ancient Greece or Sparta. (That comparison is tired and predictable).
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 20:09
    If you were to ask me to explain how everything came into existence, I could equally respond:

'I can't, but a lack of explanation isn’t necessarily a void to be filled with a presumption.'

(Hence refuting the 'Goddidit' argument).
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 20:13
    If you were to ask me to explain how everything came into existence, I could equally respond:

'I can't, but a lack of explanation isn’t necessarily a void to be filled with a presumption.'

Science has all the answers. like how life started.

YouTube
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '18 20:131 edit

Agreed. But that still doesn’t support your premise here. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree