1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 10:41
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    When is everyone gonna truly realize that if humans sin, and have bad thoughts...God created it. God created us humans with this dilemma, period.

I'm getting tired of listening to how awful we are because of Adam. If we suck, talk to God.

It's like someone buying a ball, then getting pissed off when the damn thing rolls and bounces. Enough!!

If you're a sinner and have impure thoughts, look up, and thank your Creator.

Sheesh.
    Have you decided if you are a Christian or not yet?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 11:002 edits
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Man cannot make himself righteous, only God can do that. We cannot/will not even come
    to Jesus Christ if it were not for the Father drawing us to Him. We can obey God, follow
    God's Spirit and in doing so will not sin.
    Man cannot make himself righteous...

Such a concept is not contained in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

If you believe that concept is contained in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, then cite all the passages where Jesus preached that concept during His ministry.

If you cannot cite any passages, then you believe in a different gospel than the one preached by Jesus during His ministry. If you cannot cite any passages, then you believe in a different gospel than the one Jesus said He was anointed to preach.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 11:31
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]Man cannot make himself righteous...

Such a concept is not contained in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

If you believe that concept is contained in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, then cite all the passages where Jesus preached that concept during His ministry.

If you cannot cite any passages, then you ...[text shortened]... sages, then you believe in a different gospel than the one Jesus said He was anointed to preach.[/b]
    Don't misunderstand, we are cleaned through Christ, and as we follow the Lord we don't
    continue to sin. We always have a choice, but our default is always to walk the way that
    pleases us over God. There is nothing within us on our own that is going to do that, it
    does require God in our lives, and I don't mean mouth service, but God in our lives.

Acts 15:8-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
    8 And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as he did to us, 9 and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.

Romans 8:7-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
    7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 11:44
    Don't misunderstand, we are cleaned through Christ, and as we follow the Lord we don't
    continue to sin. We always have a choice, but our default is always to walk the way that
    pleases us over God. There is nothing within us on our own that is going to do that, it
    does require God in our lives, and I don't mean mouth service, but God in our lives.

Act ...[text shortened]... irit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
    for f***sake!! i am so f888ing bored
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 12:15
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    for f***sake!! i am so f888ing bored
    Well, that is between you and your creator. It always has been, and when we are all called
    into account, bored will be the last thing you are.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 14:462 edits
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I am not Adam.
    My life will not be decided by his 'error'.

I don't buy that narrative anymore.
    N ot even if your eternal life is decided by Christ's obedience ?

The same principle God uses in Christ - the second man, the last Adam.

Through His obedience you may be a trillion percent justified.

"For just as through the disobedience of one man the many were constituted sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the many will be constituted righteous. " (Rom. 5:19)
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 16:39
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The same principle God uses in Christ - the second man, the last Adam.

Through His obedience you may be a trillion percent justified.
    A "trillion percent"?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 19:36

Act ...[text shortened]... irit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
    When asked to cite all the passages where Jesus preached the concept that "Man cannot make himself righteous" during His ministry, you posted this?

I'm already quite familiar with the dogma that you've been taught. You mindlessly regurgitate it whenever faced with truth that is contrary to that dogma.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 21:14
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    When asked to cite all the passages where Jesus preached the concept that "Man cannot make himself righteous" during His ministry, you posted this?

I'm already quite familiar with the dogma that you've been taught. You mindlessly regurgitate it whenever faced with truth that is contrary to that dogma.
    Jesus said that unless we believe in Him we are condemned already. There is no
    righteousness before God outside of the Son. It is only due to Jesus Christ are saved,
    that because He shed His blood for us. If you look to any other way besides Jesus Christ,
    in the end you will see that Jesus was telling the truth, Jesus is the way, no one comes
    to the Father but through Him. Now if Jesus says you are condemn because you don't
    believe in Him, are you condemned? All of those who are not putting their faith in Him are
    they going to stand before God cleaned unless they accept Jesus?

Hebrews 9:22
    Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 21:39
    Well, that is between you and your creator. It always has been, and when we are all called
    into account, bored will be the last thing you are.
    You couldn't prophesize your way out of a paper bag. no offence,

Why do you try to get on the high horse with me whatever chance you get?
    Your spiritual views seem very childish and unflexible, unlike the real universe.
    All I have to do is declare something silly (like my handle) and you take it to mean that I'm a bad person.
    Similarly Ghost thinks I'm an idiot because I swear and such.
    The likes of you throw out everything else that I say because of the way you see information.
    Zen master, my a**!!
    There is a lot of work to be done!! No one knows how this will turn out, but I can guarantee you waiting idly by is not going to cut it. No matter how good your heart is, you'll have to engage your brain.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 22:101 edit
    You couldn't prophesize your way out of a paper bag. no offence,

Why do you try to get on the high horse with me whatever chance you get?
    Your spiritual views seem very childish and unflexible, unlike the real universe.
    All I have to do is declare something silly (like my handle) and you take it to mean that I'm a bad person.
    Similarly Ghost t ...[text shortened]... y by is not going to cut it. No matter how good your heart is, you'll have to engage your brain.
    No offence, you mean you were not trying to be offensive, that a truthful statement?
    You don't seem to have issue one running me down for my views, you sure about this
    post of your wasn't mean to be offensive? I don't personally single you out as a bad
    person due to your name, where did that come from? My position is we are all bad when
    we compare ourselves to God (myself included) there is no high horse for me in my
    doctrine. Now is that true with you, is it the effort you put into life make you a cut above
    me and others here?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 22:39
    No offence, you mean you were not trying to be offensive, that a truthful statement?
    You don't seem to have issue one running me down for my views, you sure about this
    post of your wasn't mean to be offensive? I don't personally single you out as a bad
    person due to your name, where did that come from? My position is we are all bad when
    we compare ours ...[text shortened]... that true with you, is it the effort you put into life make you a cut above
    me and others here?
    I always tell the truth. No offence was intended.

You try to be diplomatic, that comes from fear.
    Your position about all of us being bad is dead wrong. We all come from the One Spirit, which is good and nourishes the soul whenever it gets a chance.
    The effort I had put into my life to get to where I am cannot be compared to what others do. Everyone has there own unique set of problems to overcome in life.

Maybe what you dont realize is the old Zen saying - "before enlightenment chopping wood, carrying water. after enlightenment, chopping wood, carrying water. " .
    So it is with me, I still have all the same ailments and doubts I had before but now I walk in the light. I know that nothing can hurt me, and if something kills me I go straight to heaven. Also I know what to focus my thoughts on. It is ridiculously easy but much effort had to be mustered to get to here
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 23:161 edit
    Jesus said that unless we believe in Him we are condemned already. There is no
    righteousness before God outside of the Son. It is only due to Jesus Christ are saved,
    that because He shed His blood for us. If you look to any other way besides Jesus Christ,
    in the end you will see that Jesus was telling the truth, Jesus is the way, no one comes
    to the Fa ...[text shortened]... thing is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
    Yet more scripture quoted that is not contained in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

And yet more mindless regurgitation. What a surprise. It seems that it's about all you are capable of.

Jesus said that unless we believe in Him we are condemned already.

Yes, Jesus said that.

And Jesus said that in the gospel preached by Him during His ministry.

And in the gospel preached by Him during His ministry, what did Jesus say believing in Him entails?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 23:24

Your position about all of us being bad is dead wrong. We all come from the One Spirit, which is good and nourishes the soul whenever it gets a chance.
    The effort I had put into my life to get to where I am cannot be compared to what others do. Eve ...[text shortened]... focus my thoughts on. It is ridiculously easy but much effort had to be mustered to get to here
    Trust me nothing about your opinion causes me fear at any level. You make up your truth
    as you go, you don't rely on scripture alone, so for you whatever pops into your head is
    the truth. Much like a few others here, you don't go by scripture unless it suits you and
    your opinion at the moment. The thing is God doesn't play by those rules, He doesn't
    bend to suit us, He doesn't justify sin but condemns it. According to Jesus there are
    many who are condemned right now, it isn't that they cannot be saved, it is that they must
    do it on God's terms not ours. The effort you put into your life doesn't set you apart from
    the rest of us, nor does it put you below or above anyone else.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 23:40

The effort I had put into my life to get to where I am cannot be compared to what others do. Eve ...[text shortened]... focus my thoughts on. It is ridiculously easy but much effort had to be mustered to get to here
    Truth offends KJ. He perceives it as an insult. He hates truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree