1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 23:41
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Yet more scripture quoted that is not contained in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

And yet more mindless regurgitation. What a surprise. It seems that it's about all you are capable of.

[b]Jesus said that unless we believe in Him we are condemned already.

Yes, Jesus said that.

And Jesus said that in the gospel preache ...[text shortened]... in the gospel preached by Him during His ministry, what did Jesus say believing in Him entails?[/b]
    That we put our trust in Him for who He is, and what He has done.
    After that we pick up our crosses and follow Him.

John 20:31
    but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

John 2:11
    This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory. And his disciples believed in him.

John 12:44
    And Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me.

John 6:29
    Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

John 6:35
    Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

John 7:39
    Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John 8:30-32
    30 As he was saying these things, many believed in him.
    31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 11:25
    Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,

Acts 11:17
    If then God gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way?”

Galatians 2:16
    yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

1 John 3:23
    And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 23:42
    Truth offends KJ. He perceives it as an insult. He hates truth.
    Speaking again about what another thinks, and what they hate, as if you knew.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 23:57
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    After that we pick up our crosses and follow Him.

John 20:31
    but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

John 2:11
    This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifes ...[text shortened]... e believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.

C'mon KJ. Be specific.

And back up those specifics with passages from the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 00:01
    You're little different than many other Christians. It's true of them and it's true of you.

It's really sad actually. It's part of the culture. There's a tacit agreement to avoid speaking the truth about each other.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 00:03
    Trust me nothing about your opinion causes me fear at any level. You make up your truth
    as you go, you don't rely on scripture alone, so for you whatever pops into your head is
    the truth. Much like a few others here, you don't go by scripture unless it suits you and
    your opinion at the moment. The thing is God doesn't play by those rules, He doesn't
    be ...[text shortened]... life doesn't set you apart from
    the rest of us, nor does it put you below or above anyone else.
    i dont trust you. you have no integrity, you have no continuum
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 00:05
    coveting ...
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 07:00
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Have you decided if you are a Christian or not yet?
    Have you?

Better yet, have you decided if you’re Bronwen?

No matter - you’re always tiger to me!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 07:01
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Stick a sock in it, champ.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 14:51
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    You sound like a weak echo from ToO.

How about an original thought?.....Anything?!
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 21:04
    [b]That we put our trust in Him for who He is, and what He has done.

C'mon KJ. Be specific.

And back up those specifics with passages from the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.[/b]
    "And back up those specifics with passages from the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry."

Is that it, the foundational view for you on how you view Jesus Christ?

You think the gospel preached by Jesus, "...during His ministry." was just during the time
    He walked as the Son of Man? You believe that is all from Him, that God shared no more
    and that is why you neglect all other voices from God as not being genuine? If that is the
    case, the way you view things, you really have a small god, and nothing but a dead Jesus.

To be very specific, the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation in my opinion is the good
    news, the gospel of God and man. God created the whole universe, we fell into sin, and
    God started working in the universe to save us. He did it in such a way that we could not
    take credit for any of it, any more than we could take credit for the creation of the
    universe. He selected a man, and through him (Abram) came a people. He kept that
    blood lines pure doing the early years, by placing them among a people (Egyptians) who
    didn't even want to eat with them let alone marry thereby mixing heritages.

God sent Moses, prophets, Judges, Kings, various people to keep the people together.
    Even when they rebelled against God and were captured and brought into other nations,
    God never took His eyes of them and managed to keep the blood lines pure so that the
    promise of God could come into the world, as God foretold it. Jesus came into the world
    through a virgin from the line of David, fulfilling prophecy. The good news of Jesus, the
    gospel of Jesus is that He came to save us from our sins. He did that by laying down His
    life for us and picking it up again. He became sin for us, so that those of us who received
    Him, put their faith in Him gave to us the right to become children of God, Jesus is still
    alive and well sitting at the right hand of the Father, interceding for us, a propitiation by
    his blood, and He sent the Holy Spirit to us, into us, that we might know Him and do the
    works He has for us.

Mark 16:19
    So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.

Romans 3:24-26
    24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 22:44
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Stick a sock in it, champ.
    f*** off
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 22:46
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You sound like a weak echo from ToO.

How about an original thought?.....Anything?!
    get f***ed you fake. piss off and dont reply to me. I've had it with your garbage.

I see you as the most dangerous poster on this forum. Its because of fence sitters like you that the world is the way it is. You refuse to learn so stay out of my way. I have adult things to do ... tosser
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 22:49
    on a lighter note, I did like that word 'continuum' . who would've thought: another word with 2 u's in a row.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 23:15
    [b]"And back up those specifics with passages from the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry."

Is that it, the foundational view for you on how you view Jesus Christ?

You think the gospel preached by Jesus, "...during His ministry." was just during the time
    He walked as the Son of Man? You believe that is all from Him, that God sha ...[text shortened]... the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.[/b]
    So much nonsense in there that all that can be said is that you are seriously deluded. The Bible mostly a history of the Jewish people and prophesies of things to come most of which as can be seen on this side people have failed to interpret accurately.

The teachings of Christ or the doctrine of Christ is what gives eternal life.. The Gospel or Good News is the coming of Christ which gives man a chance at eternal life IFF he lives according to the commandments of Christ. Without this nobody would enter the Kingdom of God and all would die in their sins.

Just one the many nonsensical statements .. God created the universe in 144 hrs [according to you], man sins and then God spent the next 52,500,000 hrs trying to save man. You need to have your head examined.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 23:431 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    So much nonsense in there that all that can be said is that you are seriously deluded. The Bible mostly a history of the Jewish people and prophesies of things to come most of which as can be seen on this side people have failed to interpret accurately.

The teachings of Christ or the doctrine of Christ is what gives eternal life.. The Gospel or Good News ...[text shortened]... hen God spent the next 52,500,000 hrs trying to save man. You need to have your head examined.
    Don't confuse me with the Bible, I simply believe what it says, I didn't make up the first
    chapters of Genesis. If you are going to call that nonsense, than be up front and call
    scripture nonsense!

Pointing at my name for what the Bible says isn't being very, honest. If you are going
    to judge the scripture wrong, man up and do it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree