God, I just can't do it.

God, I just can't do it.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Satan or the Devil [once faithful angel of God and certainly very 'saved'], and his followers made the same mistake. Imagine their surprise when this prophecy is fulfilled

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, ... and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I bet he thought that he ...[text shortened]... judgment and fiery indignation of Christ. So lets hope you are living righteously in Christ.
[/b]
God is tolerating your ignorance of His Word Rajk.

Angels don't get saved! Satan was never saved. There is no scriptural evidence of salvation for the devil and his angels.

You started with a false premise, and from there your entire post sank to nothing.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
So does that mean you retract it?

It was not "another context". It was exactly the same context as this one.
When you're not stuck in a rut FMF you're actually digressing.

When the blind lead the blind, both fall into the ditch. I'm not blind so I'm not falling into the ditch with you. You must be blind after all, since you keep asking the same question, when, if you would only open a Bible, you would see the answer for yourself.

But you won't because what you really want to know is if you can trap me in my words, which you can't, so you may as well try moving forward in the discussion.

I opened the door wide for you and geester over in the other thread. Avail yourself of that opportunity before the door closes. Don't bother replying to this post, or dragging it into another thread because I'm done with this line of reasoning of yours.

F

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by josephw

When the blind lead the blind, both fall into the ditch. I'm not blind so I'm not falling into the ditch with you. You must be blind after all, since you keep asking the same question, when, if you would only open a Bible, you would see the answer for yourself.

But you won't because what yo ...[text shortened]... post, or dragging it into another thread because I'm done with this line of reasoning of yours.
Here is what you said: "The only possibility that I would be cast into the lake of fire is if Jesus Christ Himself were to be cast into the lake of fire". Do you stand by it or do you retract it?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Jun 15
1 edit

God is tolerating your ignorance of His Word Rajk.

Angels don't get saved! Satan was never saved. There is no scriptural evidence of salvation for the devil and his angels.

You started with a false premise, and from there your entire post sank to nothing.
The Bible says one thing and you continue to say another. Here is Peter explaining what happened to the angels who sinned and compares it to Christians who have claimed to accept Christ but continue to sin:

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly; And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds๐Ÿ˜‰

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. (2 Peter 2:4-22 KJV)

Let me summarise the points made by Peter:

1. God detests and destroys all kinds of sin and evil:
2. the angels who sinned
3. the whole world except Noah and family
4. Sodom and Gomorrah
5. Likewise those who have escaped the sin of the world through Christ, should they again continue with a sinful lifestyle they will also perish.

These kinds of people in #5 are described by Peter as pigs that wallow in mud or dogs that return to vomit.

These are the teachings of the Apostle Peter. Similare statements are made by Paul, Christ, John and Jude.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 15
5 edits

Satan or the Devil [once faithful angel of God and certainly very 'saved'], and his followers made the same mistake. Imagine their surprise when this prophecy is fulfilled

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, ... and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I bet he thought that he ...[text shortened]... judgment and fiery indignation of Christ. So lets hope you are living righteously in Christ.
[/b]
Rajk999, do you have absolutely no difficulty in this command?

"And to him who wishes to sue you and take your tunic, yield to him your cloak also; " (v.39)

Do you find it very easy obeying Jesus here ?

"And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two." (v.41)

You boasted of the ease with which you, Rajk999, are obedient to Christ.

How are you at not committing adultery in your heart, as here:

" You have heard that it was said, You shall not commit adultery.

But I say to you that every one who looks at a woman tin order to lust after her has already committed adultery in his heart ... ( Matt. 5:28) "

I have to have the grace of Christ on a microscopic level, moment by moment here. And I am over 35 years a happily married man. I have to tell God that without Christ in me I can't make it.

But you evaded answering. But you did boast about the ease of you obeying the commands of Jesus. So tell us now if you have no problems with any of these commands every day.

Tell me about how easy it is to keep these commands of Jesus. If you respond by squawking about Hebrews chapter 6, we'll know you are sweeping your weaknesses under the rug and diverting attention elsewhere.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by sonship
Rajk999, do you have absolutely no difficulty in this command?

[b] "And to him who wishes to sue you and take your tunic, yield to him your cloak also; " (v.39)

Do you find it very easy obeying Jesus here ?

"And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two." (v.41)

You boasted of t ...[text shortened]... 6, we'll know you are sweeping your weaknesses under the rug and diverting attention elsewhere.[/b]
I said I have no problem with the commandments of Christ. If you do thats your business .. you deal with that.

I dont answer questions of a personal nature and I respect peoples privacy as well by not asking personal questions. Notice I have never asked anyone about their personal life like whether or not they sin. This is a discussion forum and we discuss what the Bible says... not personalities and personal lives.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 15
4 edits

I dont answer questions of a personal nature and I respect peoples privacy as well by not asking personal questions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you claim to be a minister of the New Testament you should have no problem with opening up about your personal experience if it can help someone.

The Apostle Paul spoke much about his personal experience with Christ in Second Corinthians. With discretion a new covenant minister can certainly help others by bearing witness to his or her personal experience.

You do not have to divulge all things.

Notice I have never asked anyone about their personal life like whether or not they sin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You boasted of the ease with which you follow the commands of Christ. When asked about this you retreat into not wanting to talk about your personal experience.

I think rather, the real reason you rather keep that private is because you do NOT find it so easy to absolutely follow the Lord's commands.

My way of dealing with that is to explain in love, confessing to God 'God, I just can't do it. Lord Jesus I need you deep down now, Right NOW I need You Lord Jesus."

You scoff at this.
If you cannot confess to us that you have many times fallen short of obeying the Lord Jesus, I can't trust you.

You come off like Peter did before he denied Jesus three times to save his own skin. And that before a little servant girl. And that with cursing and afterwards weeping.

If you haven't been confronted with the abject weakness of your own flesh, I don't trust you as a minister of the new covenant.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 15

I said I have no problem with the commandments of Christ. If you do thats your business .. you deal with that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have to be a little rude and say, you're probably a liar in this statement.

And if we could conceivably consult with some of the dear people around you, I bet they would say " Well, occasionally Rajk999 has trouble obeying Jesus Christ."

So unfortunately, I have to say you are probably first lying to yourself.

This is a discussion forum and we discuss what the Bible says... not personalities and personal lives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is time to bear witness - a WITNESS bears personal testimony. He doesn't just spout out doctrinal knowledge.

I am not impressed at your hiding behind not wanting to bear personal witness anymore than Robbie Carrobie's refusal to tell us what God is like.

Doesn't mean you have to divulge everything personal.
Anybody can squawk off doctrines.

And your teaching that the blood of Christ was only for the 12 disciples was ludicrous, shameful, crackpot teaching. And frankly, I wouldn't send anyone to you to learn anything about being a Christian if that's what you teach.

John was not speaking only to the 12 when he wrote:

" But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another AND THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST HIS SON CLEANSES US FROM ALL SIN." (1 John 1:7)

And you are so deceived by the Devil that you teach the redeeming blood was only for the 11 disciples at the Lord's Supper?

Who bewitched you ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by sonship
[b] I dont answer questions of a personal nature and I respect peoples privacy as well by not asking personal questions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you claim to be a minister of the New Testament you should have no problem with opening up about your personal experience if it can help someone. ...[text shortened]... with the abject weakness of your own flesh, I don't trust you as a minister of the new covenant.[/b]
Yes, the Devil bewitched me and told me to obey Christ... ๐Ÿ˜€

You clearly have some serious psychological problems. I suggest you get some professional help.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jun 15
2 edits

But you won't because what yo ...[text shortened]... post, or dragging it into another thread because I'm done with this line of reasoning of yours.
In other words; your not going to say what you believe because what you believe is in the Bible, so talk to the hand 'cos the face ain't listening.

Good stuff ๐Ÿ˜ต

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jun 15

Originally posted by divegeester
In other words; your not going to say what you believe because what you believe is in the Bible, so talk to the hand 'cos the face ain't listening.

Good stuff ๐Ÿ˜ต
Isn't what you believe in the Bible? Is there something wrong with believing what's in the Bible?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 15
1 edit

Yes, the Devil bewitched me and told me to obey Christ... ๐Ÿ˜€

You clearly have some serious psychological problems. I suggest you get some professional help.
No, I think the Devil told you to tell people that Jesus speaking about the shedding of His blood was only for the disciples at the Lord's Supper.

It is in that point you definitely were a dupe of the Devil.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 15
1 edit

There is a what seems a contradiction in Paul's words about the law.

"The commandment of Moses's law was unto life"

"And the commandment, which was unto life, ..." (Rom. 7:10)

The commandments Moses passed on to Israel from God were intended to be "unto life". But what actually happened ?

"The law could not give life."

" ... For if a law had been given which was able to give life, righteousness would have indeed been of law." (Galatians 3:21b)

The law was unto life.
The law could not give life.

That is the paradox.
The law was intended to impart divine life to man.
But the law could not give divine life to man.

The law is therefore a "child conductor" to lead us to Christ who became the [b"]life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) [/b].

The reason the law intended to give life ultimate could not give life is because of the condition of the heart of men. The hardened heart of man caused what we to be unto life to be unable to give life and even to be unto death to those trying on their own effort to keep the law.

So says me? No. So says the Apostle Paul -

"And the commandment, which was unto life, this very commandment was found to me to be unto death." (Rom. 7:10)

All those gritting their teeth, thinking that on their own power they can keep the law of God end up in spiritual death. The law is holy, and the commandment holy and righteous and good.

"So then the law is holy, and the commandment holy and righteous and good." (v.12)

The law which was unto divine life, was holy, righteous and good. But the condition of man's heart separating the law from God Himself, causes that which was holy, righteous, good and intended for life to be unto death.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 15

Isn't what you believe in the Bible? Is there something wrong with believing what's in the Bible?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The principle I have just alluded to is true of both the Old Testament and the New Testament. In other words the Bible can be to many people a book of condemnation and death.

This depends upon the heart of the reader. The Gospel is full of life to impart to hearers if they do not separate the word from the living God speaking the word.

However, if people have a heart turned away from the Lord Himself, even while coming to the Bible it becomes a book of condemnation and death to them. It is not in the black and white letters. It is in the condition of the heart of the reader, of the hearer.

There are a number of both believers and unbelievers on this Forum. If we handle the word of God, either of the new covenant or the old covenant, with hearts closed, hardened, turned away from God or even just indifferent, the Bible becomes a book of condemnation to the reader.

Many people here are so intensely unhappy with the Bible because its words in many places just mean death, condemnation, darkness to them.

It all depends upon the heart of man.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 15
2 edits

The seventh chapter of Romans is strong ground for the Christian to deeply cry out to God that he needs another LIFE to obey God.

Look at how this profound chapter ends.

"Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death ?

Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin." (Rom. 7:24,25)

The feeling of wretchedness causes the honest God seeker to realize he cannot make it. The body of this death is enslaved to the law of sin in the fallen body.

But thanks be to God, there is a stronger Person who can come into the innermost kernel of a man's being. That Person is stronger than Satan and stronger than the fallen humanity. Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ.

He will deliver the sinner from the wretchedness of the sin obeying body of death. He just CAN do it. I just can't do it. But Jesus Christ as the life giving Spirit just CAN do it, and will.

" So it is written, 'The first man, Adam, became a living soul', the last Adam became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45)

I have been writing this for several years. It surprises me that other brothers and sisters have not enthusiastically repeated this tremendous truth.

It is not as if I have some kind of copyright on that passage. Someones who believe in Jesus should pick up this truth and speak it in faith -

"The last Adam became a life giving Spirit"

Amen! Speaking it and standing upon it in faith cause the truth to become more real to the believer.