God loves and hates!

God loves and hates!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Dec 18
1 edit

@sonship said
@KellyJay

I don’t blame the devil for my choices, I have to admit and confess them. I can be led away due to temptations playing on my lusts or reject them and submit to God.

We see nothing in Romans 7 where Paul is totally blaming his choices on the Devil or saying he has no need to confess and repent. But he is saying this personified sin is mu ...[text shortened]... h the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh, the law of sin." (Rom. 7:25) [/quote]
Sin in us is not a personal being, it is a part of our nature, apart that needs to die.
Sin bins us to evil behavior unchecked by repentance, and the Holy Spirit.
This is a huge reason that God tells us to act out of love not hate.
We act out of love we become more loving, it isn't the 'feeling' but the doing.
We act out of sin we chain ourselves to the sin.
It gets a greater hold on us till we are over come by it.
Repentance is turning away from sin, so when we allow ourselves little areas of our
lives where we serve sin, there we are not turning to the Lord.
If we act out of hate, the hate grows, and it starts to dominate more and more
of our lives.

Proverbs 5:22
The iniquities of the wicked ensnare him, and he is held fast in the cords of his sin.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Dec 18

@wolfgang59 said
The puddle pondering on the its perfect design for the hole it is sitting in.

I think about that when I see people make claims like, "It really looks like
design, but its not."
What do you think we you see code perform operations by directing equipment,
the code just show up and started causing the equipment to do what was needed
when it was needed?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
What do you think we you see code perform operations by directing equipment,
the code just show up and started causing the equipment to do what was needed
when it was needed?
Are you able to back up your claim that god hates sinners?

Moves
16 Dec 18
1 edit

@divegeester said
But not KellyJay apparently who said this on page 1 in his second post:

@KellyJay said:
”As a good God will forever hate the wicked,
the evil, sinners,
and will not accept them as these all fall short.”

And which I’ve been trying to address with him ever since, but he is a big baby and won’t discuss it.

Perhaps as you are over the age of a “5 ye ...[text shortened]... ht appear to be aligned with divegeester.

Principles!!

Good grief what a shower you lot are.
If God hates sinners and all have sinned it means God hates all of us which is clearly not true because while we were sinners Christ died for us. He did so out of love.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Dec 18
1 edit

@dj2becker said
If God hates sinners and all have sinned it means God hates all of us which is clearly not true because while we were sinners Christ died for us. He did so out of love.
Why are you taking it up with me, why don’t you take it up with the person who made the post?

Edit: why do some Christians in here feel they cannot challenge each other directly but have to post a rebuttal vicariously through myself or sometimes FMF? It’s very odd.

Moves
16 Dec 18

@wolfgang59 said
My 5 year-old doesn't because she has not been subjected to indoctrination.
So you would let her if you wants to believe in God?

Moves
16 Dec 18

@divegeester said
Why are you taking it up with me, why don’t you take it up with the person who made the post?

Edit: why do some Christians in here feel they cannot challenge each other directly but have to post a rebuttal vicariously through myself or sometimes FMF? It’s very odd.
You asked a question and I responded to your question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 18
5 edits

@KellyJay

Sin in us is not a personal being, it is a part of our nature, apart that needs to die.

Sin is personified in Romans 7. Of that I have no doubt.

But sin is also personified in Genesis 4:6 in the second generation of mankind. When Cain the son of Adam murdered his brother Abel, sin is spoken of by God as a personified being.

"And Jehovah said to Cain, Why are you angry and why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up?

And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and his desire is for you, but you must rule over him." (Gen. 4:7)

1.) SIN is "crouching" stealthily, seeking and opportunity to drive Cain into opposing God.

2.) SIN is is desiring ... "his desire" - personified at the door of Cain's heart.

3.) SIN is a personified entity called "him" over whom Abel must rule. " ... and his desire is for you, but you must rule over him."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 18
2 edits

So not only the New Testament revelation personifies this thing that has infested Adam and his descendents. Even the Old Testament does so first.

When Jesus rebuked Peter for tempting Jesus to pity Himself, Jesus spoke to Satan the evil spirit. This shows how close Peter's fallen man and Satan were and a part of one another.

" And Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke HIm, saying, God be merciful to You, Lord! This shall by no means happen to You!

But He turned and said to Peter, Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me, for upi are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of men." (Matt. 16:22,23)

Jesus turned "and said to Peter" .
But in doing so He spoke to Satan - "Get behind Me Satan..."

Hiding out in Peter's natural opinion was Satan. That is the spirit operating in fallen man so joined to the Adamic nature.

The diagnosis should be fully appreciated in order to have no hope in ourselves and see the effective salvation of another Person coming to live in our innermost being - Christ in our spirit.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Dec 18

@sonship said

So not only the New Testament revelation personifies this thing that has infested Adam and his descendents. Even the Old Testament does so first.

When Jesus rebuked Peter for tempting Jesus to pity Himself, Jesus spoke to Satan the evil spirit. This shows how clo ...[text shortened]... effective salvation of another Person coming to live in our innermost being - Christ in our spirit.
I don't believe it is a person, it is a driving force in our nature we are to resist and
crucify. If it were a person than it would have god like abilities far greater than
Satan. God’s Holy Spirit can be everywhere at once working in each of us at the
same time as each of us were the only people there. God is not limited by time or
space so we each get God’s full attention always. What you are proposing here
would mean sin could reside in all people at the same time, doing evil to us. Evil
spirits do that, but one person can receive one or more inside of them, but that
same spirit doesn’t fill several different people at the same time. Satan must prowl
around seeking whom he may devour, he isn’t omnipresent.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Romans 7:5
For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
I think about this verse when I see people make claims like, "It really looks like
design, but its not."

design, but its not."

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Dec 18

@wolfgang59 said

design, but its not."
Pondering puddles and rocks are mysteries too, what formed the material they are
made of, then what put the forces in the universe in place so that we can get forms
like rocks and water puddles and hold them together keeping them separate from
the next form beside them? How it is that we see sunsets, mountains, valleys,
rocks, lava, then we move on to even more profound things in this universe as
children being born of every species. There is more to this life than living and
dying.

Moves
16 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
"If an act of terror occurs against innocent children for example, I would choose to hate it, and because of who it was directed at, it wouldn’t take much deliberation on my part.

There could be less stark events where thoughtfulness might be required on our part. That would never be true with God because of who He is. We live and have our being in a sliver of time we ca ...[text shortened]... g, at any time."

I was referring to this reply.

There was another too that went to that topic.
Okay, but it still doesn't answer the question.

If an act of terror against a child happens. You do not choose to hate, choice implies conscious decision. When we see or hear of something bad are emotions respond before our consciousness.

So, with God we accept he sits outside of time, regardless he has to either automatically feel emotion or he chooses to feel emotion. Either he is in control of what and when he feels something or he cannot.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Dec 18

@dj2becker said
You asked a question and I responded to your question.
Sure, that’s right laddie, you avoid the topic with the poster who actually made the comment that you disagree with...you mind you don’t actually show some principle.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Dec 18
1 edit

@kellyjay.

How can you justify your claim on page one that god hates the sinners he also loves?